The SMBX2 Custom Assets Library

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
UnderscoreFyreNova
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Rock hard!
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The SMBX CGFX Pack (Up & Running)

Postby UnderscoreFyreNova » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:35 am

When I open the OneDrive link, there's nothing in any of the folders. Is this on my side?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:51 am

skyhighway wrote:Is this on my side?

No. What happened here???

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything

Postby TheNightingale » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 am

skyhighway wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:35 am
When I open the OneDrive link, there's nothing in any of the folders. Is this on my side?
It's being rebuilt by another user, read previous posts lol

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:57 am

Scroll wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 am
skyhighway wrote:

ok, are these mediafire downloads complete? (since it says the pack would be way too large to warrant even a split download)

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything

Postby TheNightingale » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:01 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:57 am
Scroll wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 am
skyhighway wrote:

ok, are these mediafire downloads complete? (since it says the pack would be way too large to warrant even a split download)
Murphmario said they will give everything in the pack at the moment. Looks like you haven't read the previous pages, weird from you lol

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:16 pm

If I'm the person who's rebuilding the pack, then it's actually pretty close to completetion asides from some graphics packs that don't have their contents fully added yet. I just need a place to upload it, as the double deletions of Onedrive don't give me confidence in that site.

electricpretzel0
Bit
Bit

Postby electricpretzel0 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:30 pm

I still don't see any files on the repo yet. What happened?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Read a couple posts above. Nothing happened in the meantime as it seems.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Yeah. Use the part 1 and 2 links in the meantime.

Yummymemes
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Yummymemes » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Does anybody know where I can find the smb3 piranha plant? (in squishy rex's screenshots)

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 am

I believe it's "NSMBU Blooming Lakitu SMW styled Revamped SMB3 - Dragonmaster146 + Squishy Rex". Also, make sure you're using the Part 1 and 2 download links, as the OneDrive archive is pretty much dead at this point. Probably wouldn't be able to find it there.

Yummymemes
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Yummymemes » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:06 am

Murphmario wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 am
I believe it's "NSMBU Blooming Lakitu SMW styled Revamped SMB3 - Dragonmaster146 + Squishy Rex". Also, make sure you're using the Part 1 and 2 download links, as the OneDrive archive is pretty much dead at this point. Probably wouldn't be able to find it there.
Thanks this really helps me :D (but I wonder why all the gfx in the OneDrive link are gone?)

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:31 am

Yummymemes wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:06 am
Murphmario wrote:
Thanks this really helps me :D (but I wonder why all the gfx in the OneDrive link are gone?)
They kept being deleted. After the second deletion, I was like "screw it" and stopped trying to re-add the graphics. I do have an update for this pack with more graphics and a layout similar to Red Yoshi's, but the main thing holding it back right now I'd say is finding a place to host it without needing to break it up.

Yummymemes
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Yummymemes » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:13 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:31 am
Yummymemes wrote:
Murphmario wrote:
They kept being deleted. After the second deletion, I was like "screw it" and stopped trying to re-add the graphics. I do have an update for this pack with more graphics and a layout similar to Red Yoshi's, but the main thing holding it back right now I'd say is finding a place to host it without needing to break it up.
Who kept deleting them? (Why did they delete them?)

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Yummymemes wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:13 pm
Murphmario wrote:
Yummymemes wrote:

No clue who keeps deleting them. Could be a random person, could be OneDrive doing it automatically, heck, it could even be Nintendo's lawyers for all I know.

Yummymemes
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Yummymemes » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:25 pm
Yummymemes wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:13 pm
Murphmario wrote:
That's messed up, (If it's for copyright claims then It's understandable)

No clue who keeps deleting them. Could be a random person, could be OneDrive doing it automatically, heck, it could even be Nintendo's lawyers for all I know.
Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
I don't think it's copyright claims, but it could be.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:43 am

It may be a OneDrive thing, everything that I originally uploaded via OneDrive's PC link on my end is still in the same place. I haven't tampered with it anyway, to be honest I don't even think I've even looked at any of since we started finding flaws with the OneDrive concept. I was thinking about dumping everything in my graphics pack library that I've downloaded since 2011ish into the my linked OneDrive folder for everyone to trawl through and to put towards the continuation of the community GFX pack, but I'm unsure of how and if it will be able to handle it all. It could in theory be all packed into a zip and made available for download but the overall size currently sits at: Size: 6.04GB
Size on Disk: 7.17GB
Files: 499,382
Folders: 44,918
Those are some pretty big numbers as far as uploading and downloading the lot of it goes. It's all sitting there unsorted as it did before I began making the update to the Pack myself. The vast majority of stuff came from NSMBX, Knux's and Cloud's forums. So there wouldn't be very many people around anymore with some of what I still have.

In short if anyone wants to message me in regards to getting all of there resources back out into circulation again feel free to. I'll try and figure out a way to help get all available.

Murphmario, since you seem to be the one trying to organize this chaos, not sure how much he is around anymore but talk with Red Yoshi on Discord. We were discussing possible host sites for the pack itself and he was working on a few things at the time. Also feel free to PM me about the mountain of stuff I have sitting here if you would like to add it all in as well.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:47 am

May I, the most unimportant person in the SMBX community, make a suggestion for this problem with the Community GFX pack?
  • Put all 7.17 Gigs of SMBX community graphics on Google Drive instead of OneDrive! I put all of my custom GFXs in mine!

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Re: The SMBX CGFX Pack

Postby Murphmario » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:26 pm

So, Squishy Rex said on the SMBX Discord that he was going to convert the files in his graphics pack from .GIF to .PNG, and I'm currently considering doing the same thing. I want your guy's opinions.

Benefits to converting all graphics to .PNG:
-Reduced file size
-Compatibility with the SMBX 38A versions
-They would still work in SMBX2

Downsides to converting all graphics to .PNG:
-Original SMBX support would be lost
-Masks might be incorrect
-Transparent masks would definitely be different from their originals
-And of course, the graphics would no longer be in the original format

Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: The SMBX CGFX Pack

Postby Turret 3471 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:26 pm
So, Squishy Rex said on the SMBX Discord that he was going to convert the files in his graphics pack from .GIF to .PNG, and I'm currently considering doing the same thing. I want your guy's opinions.

Benefits to converting all graphics to .PNG:
-Reduced file size
-Compatibility with the SMBX 38A versions
-They would still work in SMBX2

Downsides to converting all graphics to .PNG:
-Original SMBX support would be lost
-Masks might be incorrect
-Transparent masks would definitely be different from their originals
-And of course, the graphics would no longer be in the original format
Personally I think it's alright since I've moved onto 2.0, and I'm always down for lower file sizes. Only extra thing I would suggest if you end up with graphics with incorrect masks is just editing them manually. It might take longer, but it still works pretty well from my experience. Other than that, not a bad idea.

Return to “Archives”