The SMBX2 Custom Assets Library

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

The SMBX2 Custom Assets Library

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:14 am

Welcome to the SMBX2 Custom Assets Library!

This massive library of custom graphics, scripts and resources has been compiled by a vast number of members of our community over the past several years and continues to grow to this day. This Library is the continuation of Red Yoshi's Community GFX Pack compiled last updated around 8 years ago, however it now comes with the bonus of being able to be regularly updated in real-time without needing to constantly download the full package over and over (while the option to do so is still available).

The SMBX2 Custom Assets Library:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avq4i2fJUtU1gVG1kDqaI1z3oF94

SMBX GFX Pack by Red Yoshi & supermarioman
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g16y ... Part_1.zip
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ci584 ... Part_2.zip

What you need to know
While the SMBX2 Custom Assets Library is still under construction, the older Red Yoshi version is still available in a 2 part download. The amount of content inside the new library is minimal at the moment due to it being restarted, however content is being added daily. All content included will be only compatible with SMBX2, this means everything will follow the maskless PNG format. Older graphics have to be converted before they can be uploaded and thanks to Wohlstand, this has been made a lot easier with the GIFs2PNG converter tool.

How can I help?
Glad you asked. By using the access link above you have the ability to make edits to the Library yourself. This means you can upload custom graphics, lua scripts etc. However, please be sure to:
- Place your uploads in the correct folders.
- Make sure each upload comes with creator credits. (eg. Desert Tileset - Squishy Rex). If you are uploading older graphics that you did not create and you do not know who the original creator is please mark the folder as "Unknown Source" (eg. Desert Tileset - Unknown Source). Proper credit can be later added if someone figures out the original creator. Also please do not claim someone elses work as your own.
- Please make sure all graphics files are uploaded in PNG format. (Convert older GIF files using the GIFs2PNG tool.) This helps save available space.

How to make uploads
- Uploading is very simple. Just drag and drop your upload content.

Downloads
To download something specific go into the folder you wish to download. Once you are inside that folder click Download at the top of page. The entire folder will then be downloaded as a zip file. Please do not save the thumbnails inside the folder. These are simply JPEG preview thumbnails, not the actual PNG files you are wanting to download.
If you wish to download the entire library as a zip just click Download while you are in the main "SMBX Ultimate Graphics Cloud" folder.
Last edited by Squishy Rex on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:11 am, edited 11 times in total.

Mr Boboo
Spike
Spike
Flair: The Wicked Pissah

Re: The NEW SMBX CGFX Pack (Released)

Postby Mr Boboo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:45 am

I honestly think the pack should be organized by graphics type, similar to previous versions, rather than by game/franchise.

Kobor Nefleheim

Postby Kobor Nefleheim » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:31 am

For the updates, do they include everything in the previous gfx pack updated?

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:33 am

In the "Giant SMB3 Shoe Goomba" there's no giant shoe!

illias3000
Swooper
Swooper
Pronouns: He/They

Postby illias3000 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:21 pm

um here is my gfx:
screen:
download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vhl6p ... +Block.rar

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Also what became of the GFX Pack chat idea?

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:56 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Also what became of the GFX Pack chat idea?
Sorry I got whisked away on a holiday, meaning no access to the forums, I would still like to go ahead with the chat at some point.

Mr Boboo: A second version, constructed similarly to how you've asked in underway, I should have it finished fairly soon.

ffffff
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ffffff » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:03 pm

I Know.Giant Wood,Cave and Castle are made by Blue scarlet. Not FutureNyanCat2002.
And please to post my forum.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Awesome, where is the chat?

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:41 am

SnifitGuy69 wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:In the "Giant SMB3 Shoe Goomba" there's no giant shoe!
Ironic, isn't it? Anyways, did any update occur while the forums were offline?
Updates: Not as of yet, but you'll all be fully aware when one is about to happen.

Shoe Goomba: Yes, well, I considered making a Giant Shoe, however, since the Kuribo Shoes are hard-coded, what's the point if you can't change them at all.
ffffff wrote:I Know.Giant Wood,Cave and Castle are made by Blue scarlet. Not FutureNyanCat2002.
And please to post my forum.
Thanks. I've been trying to find the creator of those, and I'll come to your forum soon.
FanofSMBX wrote:Awesome, where is the chat?
The next time I see you logged in to the forum, I will go to the Chatroom and wait for you.

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:43 am

Yep, the Giant Wood, Cave and Castle tilesets are made by Maury300 (Blue scarlet.), not me! You can patch this one soon.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:45 am

There are a TON of duplicated graphic folders in this pack, a very noticeable amount. There are some duplicates that have certain names, some older ones that have no game abbreviation before them and ones with the game abbreviation before them. I suggest going through each file one by one to pick them all out, because I'm sure this nearly doubled the file sizes, which made the already massive pack even bigger.

Sorry if I was redundant in this post, I'm tired, mixed in with general speech problems (I don't have any social disorder, I'm just like that).

Mudkip
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Mudkip » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:45 am

^
This.
And I made that Mecha Ridley btw. Nobody else ever did the same.

Btw, did I miss something? Looks like GreenStache posted some stuff, but I didn't saw him for a long time.

EDIT:
Go to Kirby and then to Zero 2. I never made that graphic :o

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:55 am

I'm not sure if my suggestions were heard before the destruction of the forum but I guess I'll rewrite them.

Please remove martijn's "smb3 recolord smw" pack. It's 99.9% stolen content from my sprite sheet. Use my rightfully credited pack instead. http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... f=31&t=451 Apparently that was my only suggestion. Oh well.

The pack is missing almost all of my newer graphics and that might be because I never released a complete pack of them, I've used them in my own SMBX episodes exclusively. Since I do want people to easily access my stuff via this pack (and people keep stealing my sprites and claiming them as theirs), I suppose I'll have to gather all my graphics and post a pack like most people are doing.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:05 am

Valtteri wrote:I'm not sure if my suggestions were heard before the destruction of the forum but I guess I'll rewrite them.

Please remove martijn's "smb3 recolord smw" pack. It's 99.9% stolen content from my sprite sheet. Use my rightfully credited pack instead. http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... f=31&t=451 Apparently that was my only suggestion. Oh well.
No problem, Martijn's s SMB3 Recoloured SMW Pack is gone and is replaced with yours.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Squishy, you still didn't pm me.

ffffff
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ffffff » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Now,I'll make an ULTIMATE SMB3 RECOLORED PACK.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 am

ffffff wrote:Now,I'll make an ULTIMATE SMB3 RECOLORED PACK.
I don't quite know what you mean, but there is already so many SMB3 recolored packs. I don't know why you feel the obligation to make another one.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:33 am

TNTtimelord wrote:
ffffff wrote:Now,I'll make an ULTIMATE SMB3 RECOLORED PACK.
I don't quite know what you mean, but there is already so many SMB3 recolored packs. I don't know why you feel the obligation to make another one.
Yeah, it would be rather pointless, with the NEW SMBX CGFX Pack and Legend-tony's Recoloured Packs both combined, I really couldn't see any positives in doing so.

Also, all noted errors have been fixed, with the exclusion of duplicate folders, I'm still finding them all. Hopefully the next update should be close to "error free". Remember if you wish to donate GFX please do it via PM, I'd rather you spam my inbox with donations than this topic, just for argument's sake.

Star

Postby Star » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Umm. One quick question.
Are the updates combined together or are they a separate?
So like 5 has more than 4.
Is it?

Return to “Archives”