New Great Castle Adventure!

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
krazykoopa
Swooper
Swooper

New Great Castle Adventure!

Postby krazykoopa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Well, I finished it a day early, so here you go!

NEW GREAT CASTLE ADVENTURE!

It's finally here! The New Great Castle Adventure is the exciting retelling of the classic episode also made by krazykoopa and Zephyr. As Mario or Luigi, you must infiltrate Bowser's castle to save the princess from the koopa king's clutches yet again, only this time, the koopas are also holding Rosalina hostage as well. In your search for all 100 stars, you'll be dodging traps, saving prisoners, and entering 40 different levels where most of the stars are contained in what is maybe the most complex hub SMBX has ever seen.

Level Designers
Spoiler: show
krazykoopa (project leader)-17 levels contributed
Zephyr-12 levels contributed
Valtteri-6 levels contributed
Chad-6 levels contributed
Screenshots

Here's a small sampling of screenies.
Download

Here's the main download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?wf42974uamviq23

Custom Sounds

Included with your download of the New Great Castle Adventure is the option to replace the default sound effects with custom ones that should enhance your experience. Read the General Info txt included in the NGCA folder for more details. You can also read the NGCA Read Me txt for more info about this episode in general.

Future Updates

There will be an updated version of this episode in the near future which will include The Great Castle Adventure Remake, another project in development by Castlewars. It will also contain any bug fixes of the New Great Castle Adventure if any more are found. Feel free to leave your comments below if you are having trouble with anything, or find anything that needs to be fixed. The episode has been thoroughly play tested, but that was done on an American computer. Let me know if those of you using European computers run into any additional problems with error messages and such. I will check this topic regularly and answer any questions you might have. Enjoy!
Last edited by krazykoopa on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: New Great Castle Adventure!

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Well, perfect! Looks like I can feature this.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Repost downloads please, and don't use spoilers with downloads they don't work together.
Last edited by Shadow Yoshi on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed giant quote.

krazykoopa
Swooper
Swooper

Postby krazykoopa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Download links fixed.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Also, Superiorstar, please don't quote huge posts for no reason.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:49 pm

I see cutoff on the flying Koopa's wings and 1x1 pixels on the Gao.

moemoe02

Postby moemoe02 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:17 pm

I've been always waiting for this episode until this gets released, but it just did and I'm glad that this is finally out, I couldn't wait until this gets released, I can't wait to see the hub of this episode, and stuff like world maps/hubs are one of my favorite parts that are in SMBX, now to start playing this bucause I was waiting to play this.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 am

HOLY. SHIT. Is this two player? If so looks like I know what I'll be doing with my friend tomorrow. Congratulations, krazykoopa and team! This is going to be amazing!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:25 am

Yeeesss! Finally released. I am gonna record this game so completly so soon when I get the time for. Wish me luck playing this Game. Everything looks very nice already.

Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 am

Awesome, I've been waiting for this release. I really hope it lives up to expectations, though, with some of the best designers working this project, I'm sure that it will. Congratulations on completing this episode guys.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:44 am

IT'S HAPPENING .

Whelp , time to download.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:37 am

Currently uploading the first part of this SMBX Episode. So far, I am very impressed. The whole design was very well done especially the secondary Star search and all that. Prepare for the first part...

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:54 am

Finally! I've been waiting for this for ages. I know it'll be great.

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:03 am

Yes, I wanna play this now !

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 am

Totally playing this.

CONGRATZ

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:26 am

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:32 am

It's finally out!

Definitly gonna play this.

Mouabricot

Postby Mouabricot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi, I've downloaded the game, but once i launch it as soon as mario enter the door of bowser's castle in the first cinematic an error window appears, in which it is written : "erreur d'execution 13 : incompatibilite" which mean "Execution error 13: incompatibility"

I am french and i've downloaded the folder for europeen computers, i've tried without changing the original folder but then an other error window shows.

I was definitely looking forward to play this so if someone can help me i would be very grateful :(

krazykoopa
Swooper
Swooper

Postby krazykoopa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Mouabricot wrote:Hi, I've downloaded the game, but once i launch it as soon as mario enter the door of bowser's castle in the first cinematic an error window appears, in which it is written : "erreur d'execution 13 : incompatibilite" which mean "Execution error 13: incompatibility"

I am french and i've downloaded the folder for europeen computers, i've tried without changing the original folder but then an other error window shows.

I was definitely looking forward to play this so if someone can help me i would be very grateful :(
It's possible that Intro.lvl also has decimals in the file. Valtteri checked all the levels for me, but this level was made afterwards. The fastest way to correct this is to do it yourself. Open Intro.lvl in notepad and search for "." If you find any decimal values, just round them. I'll check this level file myself to see if this is the source of your problem.

Mouabricot

Postby Mouabricot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:42 pm

I have removed all the decimals in the file and it works indeed, thank you very much !

Return to “Episodes”