Hello

Come in and introduce yourself.
Raster
Banned

Hello

Postby Raster » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm Raster, and I've been a member for almost four years.

Most of you probably know me from SMBX: Revived as I was active there. If not, then let me introduce myself! I'm 18 years old and I've been part of this community for a long time. While my presence hasn't always been positive to the forum, I tried my best to aid the community recently.I like playing Mario levels and designing my own levels. My design is usually simple and I try to make my levels as fun as possible. I'm also into SMB3 hacking. Programming is also a hobby of mine and I'm currently working on my own applications.

I'm not much into sports though I like swimming, tennis and cycling. I also enjoy producing music and beats in Ableton Live. I love music and I have a big album collection. My previous name was Pixy.

I started designing my levels as a kid using a pencil and paper. I started to play with editors in 2008 and one of the first editors I've used was Mario Builder. I also used Lunar Magic but it was too complicated for me and gave up on it. I actually visited Redigit's website many times in 2009 but I never actually saw SMBX (I was there to get music for my levels). I found about SMBX on MFGG where Redigit posted his game. I nearly gave up on using SMBX because I couldn't figure out how to expand the length of the level but I started playing The Invasion and I started learning how to use the editor. I thought I was a pretty good designer as my level pack got into the Pretty Good section of the forum, which was a huge accomplishment for me. One of the levels from the pack was Flooded Caverns, if anyone remembers. After that, I started copying the design from the big projects of the time: Bowser's Brain Control Takeover, Apocalypse of Foroze and The Great Empire. My stay at the SMBX boards was not a pleasant one, however, as Kyasarin banned me for posting a suggestion regarding the lakitu's unfair speed. I rejoined as Lightray but things went down the drain soon. The forum was closed and I was banned by Kyasarin yet again at Bikcmp's forum, which was a huge disappointment. I ended up joining Knux's forum and that was great. I posted my first project ever, which gained a lot of attention and positive criticism. Judges were pleased by the quality of the graphics I used and the level design. The project was destined to fail, however, as I lost motivation quickly. I made my own SMBX forums then deleted them because I thought it wasn't a good move. I quickly befriended SMA.inc and even Knux and Gryllida. My best friend at that time was RDV (Player9191). Things went downhill once I took over RDV's IRC channel and Knux was mad at me. I tried leaving but I couldn't.

I returned to Trekweb and climbed my way up to Level Judge status (along with Falsified and Quill I believe). After Trekweb was done with I focused on getting rid of Knux (pretty sure everyone remembers my silly attempts at rebelling against Knux). In 2012 I was against Joey's promotion to moderator (which I regret). Before the forum hijack a group of members (michelfp, I, Namyrr, Sakke and probably others too) took over a random SMBX forum made by Legoraptor. That forum became much alike to Spam100. I was actually shocked to see that a few days after the incident Knux's forum was taken down and ravaged by a hijacker. Part of this is my fault because Prophpbb noticed the hijacking incidents and decided to take action when they saw that an admin's account was hacked at Knux's forum. That resulted in Prophpbb shutting down the forum temporarily. After the hijacking I saw Knux as a thread to the community and made some very questionable decisions.

In the beginning of 2013 the group of SORA was founded by Nientiendo (He, I, Joey and Ragont were members back then). We did some pretty stupid things like attempting to troll MichelFP and get rid of both him and Quill (we thought they would try to stop us). SORA was a big mistake on my part. I regrouped SORA and it became more like a hangout. Surprisingly, MichelFP and I became best friends and I continued our struggle against Knux.

Unfortunately, things didn't go that well. SORA was disbanded after a betrayal and I was cast aside from the community... until I joined Cloud's Forum and became an administrator. Working at Cloud's felt awesome. I was finally helping the community (even though Cloud's Forum was never part of the core community that much). Michel and I founded Escape, a hangout channel where we played MineCraft with RDV, Knux, Aronmatio, FireSeraphim, his brother and many others. That was perhaps the best part of my community life. Escape ended and I founded a new SMBX forum called Rayweb. My intention wasn't to make another division though; Rayweb was supposed to be the staging ground for an unified community (much like SMBX United). Rayweb merged with Cloud's Forum to a new site (smbx.boards.net). The first phase was complete. The second phase received heavy opposition from Joey and Knux but Cloud and I managed to secure the forum. SMBXR became the most active SMBX forum and one of the most original as well. Sadly, I hated being part of the staff team for obvious reasons. It was far too stressful so I stepped down. SMBXR went well, but it was still threatened by Knux. I made a deal (probably the unholiest alliance ever) with a user and managed to hurt Knux's forum in a way, though I shouldn't have done that.

After that, things were quiet for a while. Joey initiate this new merge (that failed), Escape was brought back and it's even better than before and I'm perfectly happy with my status at this community.

Sorry for the wall of text, I felt like making an elaborated introduction.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: Hello

Postby Mable » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Sir you got a long story there but it was a good read. Have fun.

Namyrr
Spike
Spike

Postby Namyrr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:31 pm

rip in piece(s) legoraptor. Welcome to the forums!

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14 pm

I read it all yay! Nice backstory... in a way, I've been curious about your past especially considering you were a bad user from what I heard back then so it's nice to have things cleared up. While I haven't seen you or your actions back then, it definitely sounds like you improved as you're an active member and you're liked by many now so that's great; welcome (back)!

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:39 pm

The only genuinely bad tihng I've done was SORA and that's very debatable. My bad history is the result of a certain someone spewing hateful rumors about me due to our relationship.

Anyway thanks regh, Namyrr and Rabl!

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:43 am

Over two days I assume you gained a lot of maturity particles, 'eh?

Hi Raster, greetings, and it's certainly a pleasure to meet you here again. Welcome indeed.

Return to “Introductions”