Review Approval System

This is the place to post your own levels.
zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Review Approval System

Postby zlaker » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:56 pm

So after some discussion with Level Judges and Valtteri we have now decided to approve users reviews in the Levels forum.

Review Approving Guidelines
  • The Level Judges approving your review must agree with some or all of your review. Major disagreements (e.g. you think the level is a 2/10 and the judge thinks it's clearly deserving of an 8) may result in your review not getting approved.
  • Your reviews must be constructive. The Level Judges reserve the right to accept or deny reviews that they think are not constructive enough.
  • Your reviews must be posted with proper English grammar/conventions.
  • Level Judges can override a review made by a regular user if it's already been approved.
  • The original poster can ask a review posted by a non-judge to be overriden by an official Level Judge if they want. It would be preferred if this power wasn't overused by OPs, however.
If you don't break any of those rules mentioned above your review can be considered and discussed by two or more level judges OR a level judge may approve the review themself. You can wait to have your review approved or you can PM a level judge to get it reviewed. Happy judging, folks!
Last edited by TLtimelord on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited a few things, mostly rules.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: We will now approve reviews!

Postby silent_ » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:31 pm

I have a question.
Do you post your review on the original level thread and then send it to a level judge asking if it got approved or not? Or do you send your review to a level judge, and if it got approved, put it in the level thread?

Also, I support this idea, because quite frankly, I'm tired of generous/strict level judges. We need users' opinions too to balance it out.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Kep wrote:I have a question.
Do you post your review on the original level thread and then send it to a level judge asking if it got approved or not? Or do you send your review to a level judge, and if it got approved, put it in the level thread?

Also, I support this idea, because quite frankly, I'm tired of generous/strict level judges. We need users' opinions too to balance it out.
Post it in the original thread.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:34 pm

So I guess the level reviews thing has gotten us something good. :) YAY finally something nice happened.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: Review Approval System

Postby Mable » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:45 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote: [*]Your reviews must be constructive. The Level Judges reserve the right to accept or deny reviews that they think are not constructive enough.
I like this one out of all the rules bc there really are people without posting a constructive review here is a example.
Bongo wrote:Well... i can review this?

NPCs:

Yes this looks are cool and art of Dry koopas so good
I can believe to you with this level but here i can say
This is cool!

Insult:

Spoiler: show

Graphics:

good graphic in this level i see this Dry koopa! Yes this good graphics, is tower i like this, castles & towers is cool! Graphics of window is cool, but... this so good for me and all!

Special:

Nice tower! i believe this good tower! i ever seen ;)

Over 7.12/10.255
You can see this isn't constructive enough actually. A good constructive review in my eyes is a long written text which actually tells you the dude has played your level and doesn't just judge by a screen.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:18 pm

CaptainSyrup wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote: [*]Your reviews must be constructive. The Level Judges reserve the right to accept or deny reviews that they think are not constructive enough.
I like this one out of all the rules bc there really are people without posting a constructive review here is a example.
Bongo wrote:Well... i can review this?

NPCs:

Yes this looks are cool and art of Dry koopas so good
I can believe to you with this level but here i can say
This is cool!

Insult:

Spoiler: show

Graphics:

good graphic in this level i see this Dry koopa! Yes this good graphics, is tower i like this, castles & towers is cool! Graphics of window is cool, but... this so good for me and all!

Special:

Nice tower! i believe this good tower! i ever seen ;)

Over 7.12/10.255
You can see this isn't constructive enough actually. A good constructive review in my eyes is a long written text which actually tells you the dude has played your level and doesn't just judge by a screen.
Reviews like that we would not approve because, like you said, it isn't constructive enough.

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:37 pm

I have a question: If someone constantly makes good reviews that keep getting approved, would they get promoted to level judge? Just wondering.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 pm

HenryRichard wrote:I have a question: If someone constantly makes good reviews that keep getting approved, would they get promoted to level judge? Just wondering.
I would love that.

except even if i made ten good reviews a day, i would never get promoted again for personal reasons lol

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:42 pm

I think this isn't really gonna happen as we have enough already but if we have a bit less we can search for other Judges to promote.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Man this post had to be made right after I got a review disapproved. :x

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 am

HenryRichard wrote:I have a question: If someone constantly makes good reviews that keep getting approved, would they get promoted to level judge? Just wondering.
Not really. If ya want to be a level judge just send in a review to TNTtimelord or Valtteri.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:39 am

How about this:
If a level judge disapproves a review, they have to review the level themself. That way, the user can learn from the judge's review, and the level ends up getting reviewed.

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:17 pm

^
That sounds good, except the judge may be busy, and then the creator of the level is like, "Hey, why didn't this level get reviewed? All the others did! This is unfair!" and the creator of the bad review doesn't learn anything. It's a good idea, it just wouldn't work.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:31 pm

HenryRichard wrote:^
That sounds good, except the judge may be busy, and then the creator of the level is like, "Hey, why didn't this level get reviewed? All the others did! This is unfair!" and the creator of the bad review doesn't learn anything. It's a good idea, it just wouldn't work.
I can tell you right now one of the regular users is already improving on his reviews. As long as we tell them what they did fine on and what they should improve on, there shouldn't be many complaints.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:22 am

KoolKat wrote:How about this:
If a level judge disapproves a review, they have to review the level themself. That way, the user can learn from the judge's review, and the level ends up getting reviewed.
Um you know maybe just another user can do the review :).

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:20 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:
KoolKat wrote:How about this:
Um you know maybe just another user can do the review :).
The judges will probably base it upon other users' reviews of the level. Reviewing it themselves might just be a waste of time, especially if it's because one person wrote a bad review. Meh, the judges know what they're doing.
Yeah, I guess they do. I just wish I wouldn't get downrepped for having a crappy review. :/

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:10 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:PM a Level Judge your review, and the Level Judges will discuss it and send you back a PM.
I request a perpetual list of Level Judges so that we don't end up sending our review to someone who used to be a Level Judge, but isn't anymore.
zlakerboy357 wrote:
Not really. If ya want to be a level judge just send in a review to TNTtimelord or Valtteri.
So, it's once again possible to become a Level Judge? If not, how will I be able to know when it is possible, if ever? This is confusing for me, especially since I'd like to become a Level Judge.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:PM a Level Judge your review, and the Level Judges will discuss it and send you back a PM.
I request a perpetual list of Level Judges so that we don't end up sending our review to someone who used to be a Level Judge, but isn't anymore.
You can check the Level Judge group to see who's still Level Judges.
zlakerboy357 wrote:
So, it's once again possible to become a Level Judge? If not, how will I be able to know when it is possible, if ever? This is confusing for me, especially since I'd like to become a Level Judge.
Erm, I'm not sure. I'll talk to the other judges about it :P

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Did you know that when you write a pm you can also select usergroups? Like, just select "Level Judges" on the top right when writing a pm and it will automatically send it to every LJ.

zlakerboy357 wrote:
Well, we currently are not looking for new Level Judges, but if TNT ever does an overhaul of the LJ group, there will most likely be a topic about it where you can apply.

Return to “Levels”