Burning Hot Red Sperm Volcanic Core of Fiery Cum (CC8 Entry)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Burning Hot Red Sperm Volcanic Core of Fiery Cum (CC8 Entry)

Postby ElTipsta » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:15 am

Hello. Good afternoon. Good evening.

This level here was my CC8 entry, which got 21st place which is within the top third of the levels so I'm happy with that. This level is set within a volcano and has world 8-S difficulty, so it is quite hard in places, and I designed this to try to experiment with designing difficult levels, and I feel it has turned out well. The download link below is the same folder that the judges had, so the glitchy snake blocks are present (though I don't really know how to deal with that, so excuse me) and I plan to possibly reuse this level somewhere at some point. Hope you have fun playing this and you'll see more from me soon-ish.

Reviews in CC8:
Spoiler: show
bossedit8: 8/10
This Level was very nice. You are in a Hot Magmatic Cave with Magma surrounded the Underground in SMW Theme. Enemy placements, platform shenanigans and secrets are nicely done. Sceneries and backgrounds are also well done aswell. I really have nothing bad things to say except for the power ups because there are only 3 of them. at least you could put a bit more secrets to get an easier change to get useful Items. At least you can add another red shoe for the secondary player. There are 2 Stars in this Level which means you can playthrough it twice to get it. They are both at the end of the Level. What I really, really do not like how the Level's Name is builded in (unless it has to do with a joke based game or so). Even a red Koopa that talks to you makes up to the joke. It was a good level overall.
Chad: 9.4/10
Burning Hot Red No I'm Not Typing That Volcanic Core of Fiery Are You Serious
The design of this level is really quite impressive. It's tricky, but does a great job at it. It's a good kind of difficulty that requires a lot of caution, but I also feel in control of what I'm able to do. The level makes terrific use of skull rafts, snake blocks, propeller blocks, and Podoboo's Shoes while being precisely designed around their capabilities. I enjoyed seeing each room being repurposed for each different gimmick as you progressed through, and the level's a nice short length where getting killed in any number of ways isn't enormously punishing. The visuals are fantastic as well, and I like how the second star's just a little bit tougher than the first. The only thing I'd complain about is that using this kind of snake block is excessively difficult. Aside from the inherent difficulty, there's a risk of falling off or transferring from one block to another automatically depending on how you stand or move, and that little unexpected change can lead to overcompensating movements that make it difficult to stay on. This makes even the slightest turns in the snake's path a little harder than they should be, so the difficulty of the other hazards is automatically increased. However, it's still within the realm of being reasonable, and I do like how it was executed other than that.
Emral: 5/10
The name actually made this level really gross 0/10
Just kidding. It was actually decent. I liked the propeller block part the most, as you actually had to regulate your jumps in order to not die to the lava. The block snake was actually a bit glitchy due to Mario keeping his motion when it's moving into another direction. It caused me a few hundred-ish deaths.
It's a nice level otherwise, kind of a generic lava cave combining multiple lava cave elements from SMW. Nothing too special though. The secret star was also decently hidden.
Guess: ElTipsa always makes random names like this.
Quill: 8/10
Aside from the name, this level was pretty cool. This lava level added some cool twists to do it and the variety made the level much more fun to play through. The secret star was weirdly hidden in my opinion, as you would expect the sizable to be an actual solid. One would assume a switch would remove it and you'd have to be lucky to accidentally walk through it.
TNTtimelord: 8/10
This level name brought me some pretty low expectations, but damn, this is an amazing SMW styled lava *ahem* I mean fiery cum level. The skulls were used really well, but I wish the hotfoot could have been used to it's full potential. The SMW gray rocks are good aspect to the fiery cum level and the tileset is really good. I wish the BGOs could have fit a little bit better than them, as they're a bit browner than the tileset. This is in general a really good fiery cum level and I hope it reaches a good placing despite it's name.
Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!9AhjyIiJ!mzci8jzw1 ... x-RokdbZ5s

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Re: Burning Hot Red Sperm Volcanic Core of Fiery Cum (CC8 En

Postby Marina » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am

Please tell me this is not the actual name of the level xD

But it looks really nice from what I can see, might give it a playthrough later :)

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 am

GLuigiX wrote:Please tell me this is not the actual name of the level xD

But it looks really nice from what I can see, might give it a playthrough later :)
It is the name for the purposes of CC8, though when I reuse it I will change the name. Thanks for the comments! :)

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:03 pm

Okay I played it now, and what can I say, this is a really well done lava level!

Edit: I'm making this a full review.

~GLuigiX's review~

GFX: 10/10

The graphics fit in VERY well with this lava-themed level. Everything has different shades of red and brown, and you can almost feel the heat eradiated by it. I especially like the texture of the stone walls, which have a great variety and make it look very natural. Everything that could be done right in this level, graphical whise, was done right.

Music: 10/10

The music fits in very well, it gives the level a dramatic feel and makes the lava beneath the players feet seem even more dangerous. The designer made the right choice by selecting this track from Super Mario 3D World, as it is fully orchestrated and simply amazing.

NPCs: 8/10

This level was semi-difficult regarding enemy placements, but not to the point where it got frustrating. There was no enemy spamming, but a few enemies that made it very hard (but still very enjoyable) to beat. This level had a variety of enemies, including shovel-chucks and the especially nice flying, bone-throwing bone dries.
The only thing that could've made this even better would've been a boss, but of course, that's not a necessity for a good level.

Gameplay: 9/10

This was a fun, altough hard level, which lead the player through a lava cave with a great variety of enemies, gimmicks like block snakes and sinking lava platforms, and 5 Yoshi coins that were cleverly placed. I really enjoyed playing this level, it was a challenge, but still fun to play. Personally, I don't see why this only placed 21st in the contest, as this is a really good level!

Overall, this was a great level! I rate it 9.25/10!

Prisim
Rex
Rex

Postby Prisim » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:40 pm

when i saw the title i checked to see if i was in the trash can... :(

Fish-Kun
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby Fish-Kun » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:54 am

Prisim wrote:when i saw the title i checked to see if i was in the trash can... :(
True.

I think that the level is nice, but the title is somehow misleading.

- It isn't misleading because of these words... Burning Hot Red *censored* Volcanic Core of Fiery *censored*.
- But... The vulgar words somehow gives the impression of an average joke level.

Anyways.. Played the level.
Nice blend over there.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:55 pm

Change the name of this level, please.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:04 pm

Joey wrote:Change the name of this level, please.
Do you realize this has the name since July and you said it now? And why do you even want that? BC it sounds immature for you? People should be allowed to name their level what they want bc Hawkeyeone named his level dick and you didn't say anything.

Nexia
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Nexia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm curious to know as to why this level has to be renamed.

1) Is it violating any forum rule(s)?
2) Why is this being requested now (after around exactly 3 months since the OP posted this level)?

Magna
Banned

Re: Burning Hot Red Lava Volcanic Core of Fiery Cave

Postby Magna » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:20 pm

Nexia wrote:

2) Why is this being requested now (after around exactly 3 months since the OP posted this level)?
I think it's pretty obvious why the name should be changed. And dick jokes aren't funny, too

Nexia
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Nexia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Magna wrote:
Nexia wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious why the name should be changed. And dick jokes aren't funny, too
I guess so.
Although I still wonder why it took the respective forum staff responsible around 3 months to take any sort of action, if such a "highly inappropriate" (kek) level name was already against the rules since quite some time.

Do note that by all this, I do not mean or hold the opinion that this level should not be renamed. It actually could use a rename in my deeply personal opinion, just the same.

Was just wondering if it directly broke any forum rule(s) (which was a stupid question, on second thought honestly at this point), and why it took the time it took for any forum administrator/moderator to request the OP to change the level name. I suppose it's appeared in TOB with that name already? lul

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:13 pm

Because I didn't see it until now?

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:47 pm

The name of this level is unnecessary.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:26 am

Okay Joey if you want that you could pm the creator or? If nothing happens you could just change it on your own. It's your forum.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:37 am

That name is inapropriate as craph
But other than that it looks awesome
The tileset and graphics fit well with the volcano theme but that name sucks

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:53 am

This level's name is beautiful.

10/10 would play :D

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:13 pm

This level's name is incredibly immature. If ElTipsta wants to change it, he can message a staff member.

Please don't bump topics, witchking666.

Return to “The Best”