Final Fury Fortress

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
bossedit8
Banned

Final Fury Fortress

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 pm

A Level specificaly made for the Contest Number 8 Event. Reviews:
Spoiler: show
13. bossedit8 - Final Fury Fortress - 8.28/10

Chad: 8.3/10
  • Excellent level. The castle's appearance is extremely detailed, and the layout manages to be interesting without being overcomplicated. It brings a very polished feeling to the level. I really enjoyed all of the exploration, but I found that shortcut that took you straight to the two Mousers to be kind of lame. It wastes the gimmicks of the places you pass when something just skips you ahead in the level that much. The level has a good amount of secret powerups and hiding spots for keys, and great job using a star to trigger a permanent event. The bosses are impressively made too, with each one being harder and more intricate than the last, yet they all fit the level's difficulty really well. Bowser's especially creative, with all the fire shooting and hammer raining that he does. He's a very long boss for how far away the midpoint is from him, though. Overall, I enjoyed this level quite a bit, but a few minor things could be worked out in terms of pacing.
Emral: 7/10
  • Personally I thought this level was pretty nice! I got eager to see what else this level has to offer, as the mouser fights were building up to a thing. This didn't disappoint as it was a well-crafted Bowser battle followed by an amazing effect which I don't see every day.
    I can't complain about design and difficulty, as those were perfectly fitting for the level. But overall, the level wasn't anything special. It was fun, though. I think the free star was a bit overkill though.
    Guess: bossedit8
Quill: 7.5/10
  • Really neat level. The gameplay was pretty cool but was pretty generi and the Mouser fights were a little random. I think finding a key to progress shouldn't have been repeated later on. You could have been more creative here. I really enjoyed the final boss of this area though, it added some awesome intense moments although the end part to it was generic and had rinka spam. The ending was a little... weird... to say the least.
TNTtimelord: 9.8/10
  • I was totally surprised by the such high quality shown in this level the scenery is amazing. The choice tilesets are amazing. The enemy gimmick (especially with the silver spiny) was amazing, and the bosses were... meh.

Getting going on the main level, everything is set almost completely perfectly. There are some rather tight spaces in several areas, but it worked in that level and piranha plants were used and not other enemies, which would have been irritating if you chose anything else, knowing that whoever made this level is incredibly experienced.

The first two bosses were comical, considering the fact Mousers seem to be a running joke since CC2. The first mouser battle was done just like any other Mouser battle, but I didn't really like the second one, since there's bombs everywhere which either makes it easier to kill them or harder to keep a power-up. And the third boss included lots of clever events, and the ENDING, holy crap, I was so taken aback by this ending. I truly considered giving this a 10.
Valtteri: 9/10
  • This was a really solid level, I enjoyed it. The recurring Mouser battle kept the level interesting and the final battle was quite impressive, actually. And then Mario died at the end, wow that's dark!

Original Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLC7x1W2e2A

Download Final Fury Fortress Level here!

Credit is inside the Download Link, as far as I made.

Enjoy!
Last edited by bossedit8 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: Final Fury Fortress

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Contests levels are judged differently, where they need at least one 9 from a judge to qualify for the bests section. Both me and Valtteri gave you 9s, which means this goes to the Best section.

I thought this level was pretty well designed, and the ending.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 am

@TNTtimelord: Nice to know and glad you liked my Level. I appreciate your feedbacks a lot. Oh and Reviews added.

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:36 am

This is too hard for me, pretty much fun.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:05 pm

This one's been deleted too, along with many of your other level's.
Could you go through and re upload them?

Cedrik
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Cedrik » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 am

The video deosn't exist or the link doesn't work.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Cedrik wrote:The video deosn't exist or the link doesn't work.
He deleted most of his old SMBX videos, I do wish to know why however, most of his playthroughs from the past gave me many memories and also my experience to start learning about SMBX.
Alot of them were fun too...

Return to “The Best”