Level Contest 8: The Winner!

Official community level contests.
glitch4
Banned

Re: Level Contest 8: The Winner!

Postby glitch4 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:31 am

zlakerboy357 wrote:
Bryux wrote:Y'all who don't want lunadll are crazy.

Saying no lunadll is like saying no custom graphics.
Custom GFXs is something everyone in the community can use.
LunaDLL is a pretty complex and not everyone can use it. To be honest LunaDLL shouldn't be allowed.
Again, until SMBX 1.3.0.2 comes out.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:22 am

LitDude wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:

LunaDLL is a pretty complex and not everyone can use it. To be honest LunaDLL shouldn't be allowed.
Again, until SMBX 1.3.0.2 comes out.
I still don't want to download 1.3.0.2 or whatever new version you guys are making nor do I want to use LunaDLL ever. I especially don't want it in any level contests in the future as it gives users who have nothing better to do than fuck around in LunaDLL a serious advantage.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Yeah, I also do not like the complexity on the whole LunaDLL. It shouldn't allowed at the future or at least they must be optional because what happens if you do not have LunaDLL and play a Level that has LunaDLL in it? Maybe it will work and others it will not work, I do not know because I never tested it by myself (well, I have one level that has LunaDLL coding in it but that does not work what so ever).

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 pm

bossedit8 wrote:Yeah, I also do not like the complexity on the whole LunaDLL. It shouldn't allowed at the future or at least they must be optional because what happens if you do not have LunaDLL and play a Level that has LunaDLL in it? Maybe it will work and others it will not work, I do not know because I never tested it by myself (well, I have one level that has LunaDLL coding in it but that does not work what so ever).
I mainly dislike it because it gives users who are more familiar with LunaDLL an unfair advantage.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Bomber57 wrote:I mainly dislike it because it gives users who are more familiar with LunaDLL an unfair advantage.
Ah that is understandable. Yeah, while using LunaDLL it can cause a much higher variety what most of the Members couldn't do it and I can agree with that that having more variety and not the other ones can be directed into unfairly events into a lot of different Levels.

Bryux

Postby Bryux » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:55 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:

No, LunaDLL isn't complex, apart from the memory manipulation and checking, which is pretty complex. It doesn't even allow you to do all that much, I'd say the most useful thing LunaDLL currently does is allow us to manipulate bosses HP.

And to all the people who say it's an 'unfair' advantadge: Something that everyone can learn isn't an unfair advantadge, it's a fair advantadge, just like reading articles about how to improve your level design also is a fair advantadge.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:05 pm

But what happenes if someone just does not want to have LunaDLL on SMBX like me and @Bomber57?

Also, looking forward to the next Tower of Biased even know I have to finish ToB6 playthrough.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:23 pm

what if lunadll just flat out won't work for some people and have no interest in trying to get it to work
(like me)

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Well I'm another people than don't like LunaDLL ( IDK why, but when I download it for the first time, a huge virus fuck my hd, and spoil some files of smbx, including some of my levels )
And I agree with bossedit, is better the contests without Luna. Or users than really want to use it, create a new custom made competition series where you need to use this mechanism (Luna.dll)

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:09 pm

It's as easy as pasting the new version with lunadll to the main folder. Some file sharing servises just like to use ads that look like fake download links. I hope that someone sets up a contest that allows using it. It is supposed to be included to the future version of smbx anyway. The creative use of it would give people more experience and build up a library of usable code and gimmicks.

What if every other contest allowed it? Alternating with allowing and not allowing it. They are planning a new one on September, which is really soon again.

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Willhart wrote:It's as easy as pasting the new version with lunadll to the main folder. Some file sharing servises just like to use ads that look like fake download links. I hope that someone sets up a contest that allows using it. It is supposed to be included to the future version of smbx anyway. The creative use of it would give people more experience and build up a library of usable code and gimmicks.

What if every other contest allowed it? Alternating with allowing and not allowing it. They are planning a new one on September, which is really soon again.
ENd of September, when Spring starts ( or Autumn )

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:58 pm

bossedit8 wrote:But what happenes if someone just does not want to have LunaDLL on SMBX like me and @Bomber57?
It's invisible if the level does not use it. Levels without it can be played normally.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Willhart wrote:It's invisible if the level does not use it. Levels without it can be played normally.
Oh, ok. Thank you for your Info.

I still do not want on LunaDLL to have a thing for the next event.

Mabel
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Mabel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:40 pm

its like im reading SMWC in 2008 or something holy shit lol.

OK, imma say this once. Just because a level uses Lunadll does not automatically make it better than one that does not use it. A truly good desinger will still outdo a scrub luna user who thinks his fancy gimmick is gonna give him the win. Its just like SMW and the people who use ASM, there are levels that slap ASM on top of a level and completely ruin it. I can see the same happening for up and coming moon users who think using luna is a free pass on making the level behind it good.(also remember that if a level does not use it it will still be completely playable)

As long as the next contest does not make Luna part of the scoring or making it a requirement, its fine. Even if you nothing to do with it you should at least get it working(if the next update is packaged with it it'll be working out of the box anyway so you can just ignore it from that point on)

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:29 am

Mabel wrote:its like im reading SMWC in 2008 or something holy shit lol.

OK, imma say this once. Just because a level uses Lunadll does not automatically make it better than one that does not use it. A truly good desinger will still outdo a scrub luna user who thinks his fancy gimmick is gonna give him the win. Its just like SMW and the people who use ASM, there are levels that slap ASM on top of a level and completely ruin it. I can see the same happening for up and coming moon users who think using luna is a free pass on making the level behind it good.(also remember that if a level does not use it it will still be completely playable)

As long as the next contest does not make Luna part of the scoring or making it a requirement, its fine. Even if you nothing to do with it you should at least get it working(if the next update is packaged with it it'll be working out of the box anyway so you can just ignore it from that point on)
i agree with everything you said, like.
why the fuck are you guys being "scared" by lunadll?

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:47 am

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:i agree with everything you said, like.
why the fuck are you guys being "scared" by lunadll?
im not scared, like i said before I have no interest in learning it

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:53 am

Luigifan2010 wrote:im not scared, like i said before I have no interest in learning it
Okay. So why Luna.DLL shouldn't be allowed in the contests?

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:42 am

it's hardly an smbx contest if we have mod things
it's like doing a sonic 1 race but someone has a hack where you can spindash

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:41 am

Are you kids seriously acting like lunadll is illegal steroids?

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:47 am

DarkMatt wrote:Are you kids seriously acting like lunadll is illegal steroids?
I never said that, I would just rather avoid it.

Return to “Level Contests”