super mario and the koopa cards 1-1

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
masquerade
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: any/all

super mario and the koopa cards 1-1

Postby masquerade » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:36 pm

super mario and the koopa cards is a super mario bros x2 project i've been working on. made completely using the game's normal stuff, with no alteration of sprites/npcs. my goal was to make a level that felt like an actual super mario level, and i think it came out pretty well. i also used star coins for the level. three of them. can you collect them all?

DOWNLOAD

Just_Thomas
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: he/him

Re: super mario and the koopa cards 1-1

Postby Just_Thomas » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:24 am

It is ok.

It's obvious that you know how to use some of the functions in the editor. There were a few surprises, such as the fading in of the layers or the passage with the superstar.
But don't build everything so tightly, give the player a little room to breathe, especially at the beginning. This isn't Mario Maker, where you have to build tightly on top of tightly because the building space is limited. Next time, don't shy away from using a few custom graphics or new NPCs if you can integrate them into your level in a meaningful way.

masquerade
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: any/all

Postby masquerade » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:28 am

Just_Thomas wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:24 am
It is ok.

It's obvious that you know how to use some of the functions in the editor. There were a few surprises, such as the fading in of the layers or the passage with the superstar.
But don't build everything so tightly, give the player a little room to breathe, especially at the beginning. This isn't Mario Maker, where you have to build tightly on top of tightly because the building space is limited. Next time, don't shy away from using a few custom graphics or new NPCs if you can integrate them into your level in a meaningful way.
thanks a lot, man! it's my first level, and this means a lot to me :D

skipper
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: he/him

Postby skipper » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 pm

its not bad some things can be improved apon but its your first level so i wont judge that much

Return to “Levels”