Weird problem - ctrl key intercepted?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
acaventura
Goomba
Goomba

Weird problem - ctrl key intercepted?

Postby acaventura » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:38 am

TL;DR: my CTRL key stops working globally after playing SMBX2. Why???

Ever since I started playing SMBX (a couple years ago maybe), I've noticed a ver weird problem. At first, I shrugged it off, but now it's bugging me (especially since I have experience as a software developer), and it needs to be taken care of.

After playing SMBX2, both of my ctrl keys stop working globally, at least for a period of time. They don't work at all (in any program), even after killing the process, even after restarting my computer. Then sometimes they will be off and on--work for a bit, then stop for a bit, etc (it seems if I push ctrl enough times, it finally starts working). It seems crazy to attribute this to the SMBX process, but recently I pulled SMBX back out for the first time in months (and I hadn't had problems with my ctrl keys for a while), and instantly my ctrl keys stopped working. I know it isn't a physical keyboard issue because both ctrl keys go off and back on at the same time.

I am playing SMBX2 v2.0.0 b4 on Windows 10 on a DELL laptop. Any ideas on what this might be, or how to look into it?

Return to “Help and Support”