[SMBX2] Mario Bros: Lost World - (DEMO)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
PlushTastic
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he/him

[SMBX2] Mario Bros: Lost World - (DEMO)

Postby PlushTastic » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:12 pm

Mario Bros: Lost World(demo)

Mario and Luigi are working on the pipes when suddenly they find something off about one. The brothers both enter the pipe and are brought to this new world, something they've never seen before.

A SMBX2 World based off of the Mario Bros. Arcade/Nes game.

Supports local co-op

contains:

New Sprites
Some Custom Tracks
a World map

Demo Available!!!:

https://gamejolt.com/games/Mariolostworld/849745

(smbx2)

Check out the Mario Bros: Lost World OST: https://soundcloud.com/mariolostworld
Image Previews:
Spoiler: show

Last edited by PlushTastic on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppleTheTomato
Bit
Bit
Flair: I am a Tomato named Apple.
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [SMBX2] Mario Bros: Lost World - (DEMO)

Postby AppleTheTomato » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:06 am

Finished this the other day and I gotta say, it was pretty good and fun time!

Loved the Mario Bros look. The GFX and SFX were super solid most of the time. A couple of the SFX should probably be changed (the pause one immediately comes to mind, it was a tad too obnoxious), and a few graphic related things, too. The hammer's the player throws are just blue SMAS SMB3 hammers, which is fiiine, but it would be cool if they looked more like the ones Mario carried around. And that desert level was super super bright, it hurt my eyes to look at it.

Music choice was pretty alright. Contrary to the look of the level, the desert track sounded incredible. I may have to see what that one was and see if I can use it. All the other ones were fine.

Levels themselves were pretty good. They weren't anything crazy, and perhaps they were a little empty sometimes, but I liked them. That black and white level was especially cool.

Overall, I can't wait to see what comes of this. I'm assuming the map will be touched up to add music and such, and maybe there will be a little bit of story, and more fun levels, I'm sure. 7/10. Good luck with this!

PlushTastic
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [SMBX2] Mario Bros: Lost World - (DEMO)

Postby PlushTastic » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:56 am

AppleTheTomato wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:06 am
Finished this the other day and I gotta say, it was pretty good and fun time!

Loved the Mario Bros look. The GFX and SFX were super solid most of the time. A couple of the SFX should probably be changed (the pause one immediately comes to mind, it was a tad too obnoxious), and a few graphic related things, too. The hammer's the player throws are just blue SMAS SMB3 hammers, which is fiiine, but it would be cool if they looked more like the ones Mario carried around. And that desert level was super super bright, it hurt my eyes to look at it.

Music choice was pretty alright. Contrary to the look of the level, the desert track sounded incredible. I may have to see what that one was and see if I can use it. All the other ones were fine.

Levels themselves were pretty good. They weren't anything crazy, and perhaps they were a little empty sometimes, but I liked them. That black and white level was especially cool.

Overall, I can't wait to see what comes of this. I'm assuming the map will be touched up to add music and such, and maybe there will be a little bit of story, and more fun levels, I'm sure. 7/10. Good luck with this!
Thanks for the feedback. Thank you for playing the Demo!

Return to “Projects”