Recreating Wall climber NPCs

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Recreating Wall climber NPCs

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:38 am

So it recently came to my attention that the Wall climber NPCs (Sparky, Zoomer, Spike Top) are bugged via this google doc by FanOfSMBX. It states that making these enemy's hitbox larger than the default 32x32 pixels will prevent them from making the turn shown on the right. _|

After seeing this, I thought, why not recreate these enemies using Lua, put then in the base game, and then deprecate the VB ones?

DRACalgar Law
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: King of the Boss Makers
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Recreating Wall climber NPCs

Postby DRACalgar Law » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:03 am

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:38 am
So it recently came to my attention that the Wall climber NPCs (Sparky, Zoomer, Spike Top) are bugged via this google doc by FanOfSMBX. It states that making these enemy's hitbox larger than the default 32x32 pixels will prevent them from making the turn shown on the right. _|

After seeing this, I thought, why not recreate these enemies using Lua, put then in the base game, and then deprecate the VB ones?
I did heard from discord that Blake Izayoi is making certain wall climber NPCs (think it was a spike top or a sparky) months ago. Otherwise, I have no other information that implies of this.

Return to “LunaLua Help”