Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Falcon Frodo
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: he/him

Snake's Costumes

Postby Falcon Frodo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:22 am

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
4 Snake Costumes I made for my own enjoyment and eventually decided to share for all those MGS fans.
Hope you like 'em!
Spoiler: show
Merry Gear Solid 2(edited)
Solid snake:
Image Image

Naked Snake:

MSX style
Solid Snake:
1, 2- MGS2 appearance;
3- Smash bros. Red alt;
4- MSX style colors;
5- Smash bros. Yellow alt;
6- Old Snake;
7- Smash bros. Light blue alt.

Naked Snake:
Image "What a thrill..."
1- MGS3 initial appearance;
2- MGS3 Bandana on;
3- Hornet Stripe Camo;
4- Animal Camo;
5- MGS3 Sneaking Suit;
6- Fire Camo;
7- Water Camo.
All palettes were created with SMBX's Graphics.
Get them

The first 2 were originally art from an amazing fangame called Merry Gear Solid 2: The ghosts of Christmas Past, I just edited it to resemble the protagonists from MGS2 & 3.
I left the spritesheets in the "misc." folder, feel free to use or edit them. Credit is appreciated, yet not needed.

Also, 1st time posting here, hi everyone.

IttaBaby
Swooper
Swooper

Re: Snake's Costumes

Postby IttaBaby » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:30 am

NICE!
These are super cool, now if only making a snake level was viable at all :V

Falcon Frodo
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Falcon Frodo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:53 pm

IttaBaby wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:30 am
NICE!
These are super cool, now if only making a snake level was viable at all :V
I knowww, right? I increased his jump height and reduced the enemy view cone in my files to make him viable for platforming and normal levels.
By the way, thank you! hope you enjoy it.

Donkdonker124
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Fictionally stronger than man

Postby Donkdonker124 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:47 pm

What we really need is costumes for Bowser, uncle broadsword and ultimate rinka cuz then everybody will have some.

but this is still really well done!

Just_Thomas
Spike
Spike

Postby Just_Thomas » Sun May 19, 2024 4:28 am

Donkdonker124 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:47 pm
What we really need is costumes for Bowser, uncle broadsword and ultimate rinka cuz then everybody will have some.

You read this “what we really need...” in so many discussions on the internet and most of the time it's either just specific wishes that are rarely shared by others or “first world problems”. It is like a meme already, a complete exaggeration so to speak.
Why can't such questions be asked in a normal way?
(Edit: The user activity is a thing of its own ...)
I also have (still) a lot of wishes regarding SMBX, but either I can realize them myself (which I often can`t) or I hope or wait that someone with talent, skill and interest will realize them.

Donkdonker124
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Fictionally stronger than man

Postby Donkdonker124 » Sun May 19, 2024 6:19 am

Just_Thomas wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 4:28 am
Donkdonker124 wrote:

You read this “what we really need...” in so many discussions on the internet and most of the time it's either just specific wishes that are rarely shared by others or “first world problems”. It is like a meme already, a complete exaggeration so to speak.
I also have (still) a lot of wishes regarding SMBX, but either I can realize them myself (which I often can`t) or I hope or wait that someone with talent, skill and interest will realize them.
I mean, I am working on that right now

mariobrigade2018
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun May 19, 2024 9:08 am

Just_Thomas wrote:
Donkdonker124 wrote:

Dude...it's just a writing format. It's not that deep. I could say the same thing to you about your essayist responses.

Just_Thomas
Spike
Spike

Postby Just_Thomas » Mon May 20, 2024 3:39 am

Donkdonker124 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 6:19 am
Just_Thomas wrote:
Donkdonker124 wrote:

I mean, I am working on that right now
Hey, first of all, sorry about my post. I thought you were one of those people who would like to have everything that way. There were probably a few people in the comments section of mfgg.net (for example) who wanted to demand new or additional content in this way - seriously, that is. The other users were annoyed. It seems that this has been going on for a while. I didn't know you did write your post with the attention however to do these things by yourself.
I can't read that in hindsight either, but it doesn't matter. I don't want to be a bean counter.
I am looking forward for your work (:
mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 9:08 am
Dude...it's just a writing format. It's not that deep. I could say the same thing to you about your essayist responses.
Solution 1:
Read the posts and threads you are interested in (alternatively, which do not seem too boring or too long to you). After you are done and you do not care about the remaining ones, click "Mark forums read" on the index in the top right corner slightly outside "of the sky blue box".

Solution 2:
In case you do not wish to read certain user posts at all (by whatever reason), click your own user name on the top right (User Control Panel), click then "Friends & Foes" (last "tab", horizontally), "Manage foes" and "Add new foes".

I hope this will further enhance your experience on this forum and we look forward to your next visit.

Return to “Graphics”