I want to figure out how to lock a screen for a midboss fight.

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
EForEngineer
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: He/Him

I want to figure out how to lock a screen for a midboss fight.

Postby EForEngineer » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:01 pm

How the heck do you make a screen-lock? I'm trying to make that because I really wanna make it similar to how the Kirby series handles it's midbosses.

Okton3999
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: he/him

Re: I want to figure out how to lock a screen for a midboss fight.

Postby Okton3999 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 pm

You can create an event that changes the position, to do so:

Go to View -> Events -> Add -> Change the screen to how you want it to be at the fight -> In the section "Position", click "Use Current" -> Change the screen back to how it was before the boss.

If you want the screen to change back to normal after the boss fight, you will have to create a new event that is really similar to the one that starts the boss, with the difference that this time the screen will change to a wider one.

Also, don't forget that something has to trigger this event (to achieve something similar to Kirby's midbosses, axes and/or an activate event can be useful).

This video might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZImJSVw0ndk&t=711s :).

EForEngineer
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: I want to figure out how to lock a screen for a midboss fight.

Postby EForEngineer » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:18 pm

Okton3999 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 pm
You can create an event that changes the position, to do so:

Go to View -> Events -> Add -> Change the screen to how you want it to be at the fight -> In the section "Position", click "Use Current" -> Change the screen back to how it was before the boss.

If you want the screen to change back to normal after the boss fight, you will have to create a new event that is really similar to the one that starts the boss, with the difference that this time the screen will change to a wider one.

Also, don't forget that something has to trigger this event (to achieve something similar to Kirby's midbosses, axes and/or an activate event can be useful).

This video might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZImJSVw0ndk&t=711s :).
Alright, just figured it out many many days ago. I think my notifications were glitched.

Return to “Help and Support”