level broken

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Tetri
Rex
Rex
Flair: Glory to Jesus our Lord and Savior

level broken

Postby Tetri » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:50 pm

edited lenght of section isnt working no matter what

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: level broken

Postby Emral » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:57 pm

provide more info, please. what have you tried? any screenshots of your level/section settings window? a gif of how it is during play compared to different appearance in the editor? the people on here can't read minds.

Tetri
Rex
Rex

Postby Tetri » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:03 am

Emral wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:57 pm
provide more info, please. what have you tried? any screenshots of your level/section settings window? a gif of how it is during play compared to different appearance in the editor? the people on here can't read minds.
i gave the most info i could, also if i would put screenshots people wouldnt believe me and they would say that its bait or that am lying (like that i put screenshot from level editor of edited level from the invasion 2 and screenshot/gif of gameplay of the original level from the invasion 2) but ok, now nevermind maybe i found more believable way to report this

screenshots not even working so i will tell other way (if i can), so i edited lenght of level from the invasion 2 due making like dlc version of it and edited from both left and right sides so the level is longer and has some parts of previous and next level, everything is ok, but suddently not in gameplay, not even in test mode, i tried moving start position to the moment where i couldnt get to, it failed, i tried using section setting "change section lenght" and clicking green button to save it, it failed again, i tried adding smth on parts where i couldnt get to while playing this level, failed again, this issue only appears in single level so editing lenght of old smbx levels isnt the reason

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Tango » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:19 am

Could you tell us which level in The Invasion 2 are you editing? It can let us investigate for ourselves to see if it somehow has some specific quirk that wouldn't let you play with section length.
Tetri wrote: i tried moving start position to the moment where i couldnt get to, it failed, i tried using section setting "change section lenght" and clicking green button to save it, it failed again, i tried adding smth on parts where i couldnt get to while playing this level, failed again, this issue only appears in single level so editing lenght of old smbx levels isnt the reason
Really strange. Upon saving and closing editor, and opening it again and loading the level, does it preserve the changes you made previously, or is it just like when you test it and nothing has changed?

Tetri
Rex
Rex

Postby Tetri » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:04 pm

Tango wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:19 am
Could you tell us which level in The Invasion 2 are you editing? It can let us investigate for ourselves to see if it somehow has some specific quirk that wouldn't let you play with section length.
Tetri wrote: i tried moving start position to the moment where i couldnt get to, it failed, i tried using section setting "change section lenght" and clicking green button to save it, it failed again, i tried adding smth on parts where i couldnt get to while playing this level, failed again, this issue only appears in single level so editing lenght of old smbx levels isnt the reason
Really strange. Upon saving and closing editor, and opening it again and loading the level, does it preserve the changes you made previously, or is it just like when you test it and nothing has changed?
yes, it is only in test mode and in normal gameplay mode, but its only with lenght of section, when i replaced end level thingy it stayed in where i put it, it didnt came back to previous location

Return to “Help and Support”