Moderator: Event Organizers

MarioChallengerX2
Dolphin
Dolphin
Pronouns: he/him

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Redstone Engine Construction Challenge

Postby MarioChallengerX2 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:39 pm

So, this contest is already going on : viewtopic.php?t=29066

But, I wanted to announce my own contest that I'll be making!

So, this contest will revolve around Seta's Redstone NPC pack. viewtopic.php?t=25443 (this pack to be precise)

And I don't have much information I want to release at the moment because this contest will not start after the previous contest above ends. And that's because I don't want people to have to deal with 2 contests at the same time during this period. As a result, the rules and specifications for this contest will not be revealed to the general public until a week before the previous contest ends.

This announcement here will only be asking people if they want to judge this contest. If you're interested, reply to this post below and DM me your discord username so I can add you and we can discuss there.

Additionally, judges will get early access to the rules and rubric of the contest so they can know what they plan to judge.

I don't reveal more info than I need to so that's all I'm announcing for now. I won't make any more announcements until:

Either we're in the last week for the art level contest OR Seta updates his Redstone NPC pack soon.

If you do have any interest in joining or want to see the NPC pack for yourself,

viewtopic.php?t=25443

Here's the link again, I hope you have fun using it :D
(Don't worry, there is also a tutorial level in the pack which can help you use it well!)
Judges so far for this contest:

SetaYoshi
MarioChallengerX2(me)
Last edited by MarioChallengerX2 on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wyldstrykr
Bit
Bit

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Redstone Engine Construction Challenge

Postby wyldstrykr » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:28 pm

if there is a tutorial on what blocks do, i may consider it, but im a bad level designer....

MarioChallengerX2
Dolphin
Dolphin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Redstone Engine Construction Challenge

Postby MarioChallengerX2 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:25 pm

wyldstrykr wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:28 pm
if there is a tutorial on what blocks do, i may consider it, but im a bad level designer....
On entering or judging? Just download the pack, there is a tutorial with it. Some components like the block that does math can be complicate tho. At least for me, I haven't learned them well enough.

I'll update the post telling peoples that the pack has a tutorial level.

And if you don't want to design a level, you could always judge!

Return to “Contests and Events”