Mario and the Cowboys from Hell [DEMO 2]

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
bonel_
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: supah mario
Pronouns: he/him

Mario and the Cowboys from Hell [DEMO 2]

Postby bonel_ » Mon May 15, 2023 9:23 am

WOW! It's been a long time, huh? Listen, I'm really happy to finally show you the next demo of Mario and the Cowboys from Hell.
With the release of beta 5 and the upcoming SMBXDirect, I think it was fitting to include an updated demo.

I think this episode will be fully finished by (the end of) 2024/2025.

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
- Finished Minecart Mines
- Polish
- 16:9
- Swapped sprites

Some info:
After the events of SMBX: A New Problem, Mario and Bowser train some and head out on an expedition. After expediting, they begin to travel home. Interestingly enough, a mysterious storm causes the ship to be destroyed and sink, washing Mario and Bowser onto some nearby islands. They come to and begin to travel back home where things may be a little different than they remember...

This epsiode features/will feature music from Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, and Slayer. The story so far starts off as so:

Features/Mechanics:
  • Custom-made NPCs
  • Dive, twirl, walljump and (an updated) ground-pound make a return! This time they're a bigger focus.
  • Shorter worlds, in turn for a more reasonable difficulty incline and to allow myself not to feel overworked.
  • Yes, while some are short, there are longer worlds. In total, there are eight worlds, with a likely total playtime to be at minimum 3-4 hours for 100% speedruns.
  • Reoccuring storyline, as aforementioned.
  • New themes, since the tired grass, desert, snow etc... without variation and in that order can get boring.
  • THERE IS 16:9!
NOTE: Please, if you see an asset you made in here that went uncredited, tell me! I will add credits respectively.

Showcases:

Downloads:
DEMO 2: Newest Download!
DEMO 1: Old Download
Last edited by bonel_ on Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:50 am, edited 6 times in total.

bonel_
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: supah mario
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mario and the Cowboys from Hell [DEMO 1]

Postby bonel_ » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:43 am

episode has been updated to the second demo

Return to “Projects”