Change player start point with event? Is this possible?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Baltic
Pronouns: She/Her

Change player start point with event? Is this possible?

Postby Baltic » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:41 pm

Hiya! Back at it again (I know, i'm hopeless! Lol)

So, I had an idea. Specifically for dealing with "Toad Houses". That being having an event or script that triggers after you get the item that moves the players starting point. Is this possible? I'd love to know how to do this if it's possible!

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Re: Change player start point with event? Is this possible?

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:45 pm

from what I remember I don't think you can change the players start point with events. You could maybe use a checkpoint or lua (if lua can even change start points).

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Baltic
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Baltic » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:59 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:45 pm
from what I remember I don't think you can change the players start point with events. You could maybe use a checkpoint or lua (if lua can even change start points).
A h

that's unfortunate. If I could find a way to integrate it into Toad Houses i'd happily do so. Might make an event where something triggers to make the warp disappear so even if the player wants to enter the Toad House again they can't (it'd be replaced with a message). However that leaves the problem of events resetting every time you enter the level. I tested with Star Coins in terms of having 3 star coins to get a star and the events reset each time you enter. I just need a way to make specific events not reset during each re-entry I guess.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby deice » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:14 pm

a similar question was asked a while ago by a different user in this thread, the solution there might be useful to you. (you can ignore the comments about the world map though, those aren't 100% accurate)

Return to “Help and Support”