The Wrath of Slowby Tortuga

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
ChromaNyan
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: minecraft bundle my beloved <3
Pronouns: she/they

The Wrath of Slowby Tortuga

Postby ChromaNyan » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:48 pm

An episode over a year in the making (no, seriously, this was planned to be an april fools episode for 2022 but i canned it last second because i felt it wasn't good enough), I present The Wrath of Slowby Tortuga. This is most likely the last episode I will release (I may make more joke episodes, but that's it), though this is also about the fifth time I have said that.
features: show
3 playable characters
30 levels to play through
1 inside joke literally nobody is going to understand (what the hell is a slowby)
A handful of star coins to collect
Escape timers in some levels (i need to bloat them somehow)
Wildly inconsistent music choice that changes multiple times mid-episode (you can tell how long i spent on an episode based on how many times the origin of the background music changes)
At least one secret for digging through the episode folder (maybe crack open luna.lua and peek inside?)
No actual game end trigger (credit? i hardly know it! seriously though credits are located in abc123_credits.txt)
And quite a handful of secrets to find (they aren't well hidden)
screem shot: show

Download

Patch 1:
So it turns out my intelligence is rather lacking. I set a star door to require more stars than the amount of stars that existed in the episode.
If you have downloaded the episode before April 11th, you will need to replace a file in the episode folder with the one here. If you have downloaded the episode after this date, this patch has already been applied to the download.

Return to “Episodes”