Ultra Star? script idea

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
Shodax
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Pronouns: he

Ultra Star? script idea

Postby Shodax » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:59 pm

First of all I clarify one thing: this is not a request, it is only an idea for someone ever thought of doing it in Lua, I do not put it in the suggestions section for a new version of SMBX2 since it is an idea that would clash a lot with the gameplay.
First a little context: When I was a kid and I played Mario Bros. and the first time I grabbed an invincible star and I thought I really was "invincible" So naively I threw myself into the lava thinking that I could swim in it and well, the rest is history. So thinking about that "inconvenience" I thought it would be very good if in future Super Mario games, Nintendo included a power-up that was a more powerful star than the normal star, one so powerful that it would make you totally immune that it would allow you to swim in lava and poison. But beuno we already know how Nintendo is listening to its fans.
So I come with that idea in case someone finds it interesting and with anotherpowerup.lua make an "Ultra star" or whatever you want to call it. Basically it would be to replace the water BGO with a lava BGO and the biggest problem would be to program with Lua that the "water" makes you an "instant kill" unless you are using this hypothetical Power-Up, I think it would serve a lot for secrets and puzzles. Or if no one is encouraged to comment on what they think of this idea.

Sorry for my English I use a translator

Return to “LunaLua Help”