SMBX: A New Problem (RELEASE v1.1) [Difficulty Tweak]

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
bonel_
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: supah mario
Pronouns: he/him

SMBX: A New Problem (RELEASE v1.1) [Difficulty Tweak]

Postby bonel_ » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:15 am

IT'S (REALLY) FINALLY HERE!
----------------------------------------------------------------
MY EPISODE IS ACTUALLY OUT! RAHHHH, I MADE SO MANY COOL NEW LEVELS! THEY'RE ALL SUPER LORE BASED, BUT THEY'RE KINDA COOL! I hope you enjoy!

(Download link at bottom of post.)
Release Trailer:

Old Trailer:

Some Info:
In the land of the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario and Luigi are called by Princess Peach (Toadstool) to visit her castle to discuss the worldwide famine that has befell them! On making their way to the castle it turns out Bowser has decided it would be a great idea to capture the Princess! Why? She's magic, of course! Her body can be used to create an infinite food source for all the Mushroom Kingdom, let alone the entire world! Sadly, using a Princess' body for infinite food is not humane, and the Mario Bros. don't think so either! Together they'll travel across eight select worlds to go fight Bowser! Who knows, maybe they'll encounter some other stuff after the fact...

Part 1 Info:
Spoiler: show
This episode has been updated to X2! Some of the later levels have awesome features only seen in X2 and it runs way more smoothly, as well! You can now play as SMW Mario/Luigi in its true form instead of the half broken version. :) There are Eight Worlds completed with 47 stars obtainable! Wowza! If you experience anything that isn't meant to be or any bugs then just be sure to let me know! Thank you so much for playing.

Part 2 Info:
After Mario and Luigi beat Bowser they head over to Subcon for three new levels to get back the Mushroom Kingdom's food! There are some Quality of Life improvements and some new scripts that make the game a little more friendly! ;) I'll be back with Part 3 in probably about a month or two! Goodbye for now!

Version 0.9.5 Info:
So, I added a LOT of new features and went through and fixed a bunch of levels and stuff. Some were either extremely hard to beat making them not fun. Some needed a little bit more spruce to make it more lively!
Here are some direct changes:
  • New World Map!
  • More backgrounds!
  • More bonus levels!
  • Shops!
  • Removed the Hammer-suit 'cause it disbalanced a lot of stuff.
  • Added New Moves (Mid-air Twirl, Groundpound, Dive, and Walljump)
  • ADDED LITTLE DIALOGUE TO ALL LEVELS (finally)
  • Updated the tutorial!!!11!
  • General Bug Fixes.
  • And some easter eggs!

Part 3/Release Info:
The last world has been completed, and there is an ending in the game now! You can talk to some new characters across 11 different levels, with an exciting final boss.
Direct Changes:
  • New HUD!
  • Fixed some bugs (yes!!!)
  • Updated tutorial slightly
  • Awesome level themes and music
  • Updated all (I hope) text boxes to accurately speak to the player.
  • Made the episode a little less B.S. and impossible to beat.
  • If you have difficulty finding all the stars and secrets, there is a guide inside the game after you beat the Bowser Battle in Part 1 (World 8)
  • BOSS HP COUNTERS (for the bosses that need 'em)

Version 1.1 Release Info:
  • Bug Fixes
  • Music Changed in W3-4
  • Removed a decent bit of NPCs to reduce difficulty.
Old Screenshots:

Credits (i hope them all) are included in episode!

The Downloads:
Version 1.1 (Full Release + Patch): https://www.mediafire.com/file/t7bequcy ... 1.zip/file
Version 1.0.1 (Drag and drop into 1.0.0 folder): https://www.mediafire.com/file/l6ybnugx ... s.zip/file
Version 1.0.0 (Full Release): https://www.mediafire.com/file/l59c2nh2 ... m.zip/file
Version 0.9.5 WITH NSMBSPIN: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n9j25lgw ... l.zip/file
Version 0.9.0: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u54wwwyn ... 2.zip/file
Version 0.8.0: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g5ope12v ... P.zip/file
Last edited by bonel_ on Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:21 am, edited 7 times in total.

Justin Bieber Fan
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Disguised SMW Hacker

Re: SMBX: A New Problem (RELEASE v1.0)

Postby Justin Bieber Fan » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:00 am

Hello, which version i should download if i want to play in smbx 1.3?

paaolasantanaa
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby paaolasantanaa » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:10 pm

JustinBieber96 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:00 am
You should use any version of SMBX 2 not 1.x

Added in 7 minutes :
What is the difference between each of the colours of the dots in the worldmap levels? There are 4 if I recall correctly: yellow, red, blue and green How can I know which levels have a star? I have found randomly one in a yelow level but I'm not sure which ones have a star.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
What is the difference between each of the colours of the dots in the worldmap levels? There are 4 if I recall correctly: yellow, red, blue and green How can I know which levels have a star? I have found randomly one in a yelow level but I'm not sure which ones have a star.

Justin Bieber Fan
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Disguised SMW Hacker

Postby Justin Bieber Fan » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:48 am

paaolasantanaa wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:18 pm
JustinBieber96 wrote:

Added in 7 minutes :

thank you :)

bonel_
Koopa
Koopa

Postby bonel_ » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:55 pm

paaolasantanaa wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:18 pm
JustinBieber96 wrote:

Added in 7 minutes :

The difference between the colors is as follows (sorry for not really putting this in-game early on, it's told in World 8.
Red: Level with secret exit
Blue: Normal Level
Green: Normal Level, but it's the start of the world
Yellow: Level with secret exit, and it's the start of the world.

quack_chap
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby quack_chap » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:20 am

This episode is very good but if you make any future episodes maybe add some custom mechanics because this episode feels a little too vanilla. Other than that, this is a great episode and I enjoyed playing it! :)

star05dream
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: ...

Postby star05dream » Wed May 03, 2023 5:40 am

Yea this episode is neat so far nice work :)

bonel_
Koopa
Koopa

Re: SMBX: A New Problem (RELEASE v1.1) [Difficulty Tweak]

Postby bonel_ » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:54 am

Episode has been updated! If you've been keeping up hoping for me to finally do a bug fix, you're welcome!11

Return to “Episodes”