overworld path help

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
Pixelated_Perfection
Koopa
Koopa
Pronouns: He/They

overworld path help

Postby Pixelated_Perfection » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:46 pm

Alright, so im trying to use Xmap's Xpath thing to make paths showing up faster, and its not working, and im at my wits end. So if anyone could offer help with that, or could just rig up a script that makes all the paths appear at once, that'd be great.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: overworld path help

Postby deice » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:48 pm

did you remember to put

Code: Select all

require("xpath")
into your episode's global luna.lua file as well? without that, xpath won't be able to hijack smbx's path revealing routine. i recommend reading the xmap documentation, it should detail this and any other quirks.

also, just as a side note, when asking for help regarding specific user-created scripts, it's usually better to post in the thread for that script.

Pixelated_Perfection
Koopa
Koopa
Pronouns: He/They

Re: overworld path help

Postby Pixelated_Perfection » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:03 am

deice wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:48 pm
did you remember to put

Code: Select all

require("xpath")
into your episode's global luna.lua file as well? without that, xpath won't be able to hijack smbx's path revealing routine. i recommend reading the xmap documentation, it should detail this and any other quirks.

also, just as a side note, when asking for help regarding specific user-created scripts, it's usually better to post in the thread for that script.
Firstly as to why i didnt post this in the thread
i did that, then thought that might count as pointless bumping so i posted it here

secondly i did not realize that needed to be in the GLOBAL luna, lol, gimme a sec

Edit: Okay that worked, THANK YOU!

Return to “LunaLua Help”