Distorted audio when running the X2 Engine.

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
bonel_
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: supah mario
Pronouns: he/him

Distorted audio when running the X2 Engine.

Postby bonel_ » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:55 pm

So, I've been using the X2 engine since last June, but this issue has only arisen recently.

Everytime I run the game, my audio gets distorted in game on my Home PC while running, but doesn't when I run the game on a different PC (like the one at my school).

The problem is, though, all my other audio is fine on my PC, and when listening to the audio through PGE's built in audio player, it plays back as normal as it should be. The only issue, for some reason, is when playing X2 itself.

Is it an Audio driver related issue? It can't be an engine related issue, since I run the game off a USB both at home and at school...

Any solutions?

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Distorted audio when running the X2 Engine.

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:27 pm

Try to change the audio driver and increase the buffer size at the "data/config/luna.ini":
  • At [Audio] section, find the "driver" field, set it with "directsound" (the wasapi driver isn't good for weak machines, as it forces the buffer size to something around 192)
  • At the same section, find the buffer_length, try to set bigger value, for example, 1024. Having too small buffer length value would lead choppy playback if your computer has no enough power.

Return to “Help and Support”