Luigi's Lost Memories

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Chipss
Hoopster
Hoopster
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Luigi's Lost Memories

Postby Chipss » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:40 pm

Dynam0 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:58 pm
Finally got around to playing and beating this, and I have to say, this is an excellent package with great presentation considering the origin story is a scrapped project. It does, however, feel very disjointed (understandably) and makes the player wanting for more. So, I hope we'll see another episode, perhaps a bigger one, in the future from you! The level design was very fun and creative in this.
Very glad you enjoyed! I did my best to create the most cohesive experience possible with what I had, but obviously it couldn't be perfect. I was, however, quite happy with the final product nonetheless, and it's great to hear that others feel the same!

ditditdit
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: e
Pronouns: she/they

Postby ditditdit » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:50 pm

that title is AMAZING! how did yo make it?

Chipss
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Chipss » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:28 am

ditditdit wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:50 pm
that title is AMAZING! how did yo make it?
I'm assuming you mean the logo? It was drawn by Achy, one of the artists on the team.

Ibaka
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Nothing

Postby Ibaka » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:52 am

Nice episode! I like your videos, and episodes! Hope we get to see more like this in the future.
Nice logo.

Alexx0612
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Alexx0612 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:27 am

I completed all the challenges and completed the episode 100%, then I wanted to complete the game again 100% and I deleted the save with 100% completion, completed the episode again, completed the challenges, but they did not complete again, although I did not use cheats.

Chipss
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Chipss » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:00 pm

Alexx0612 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:27 am
I completed all the challenges and completed the episode 100%, then I wanted to complete the game again 100% and I deleted the save with 100% completion, completed the episode again, completed the challenges, but they did not complete again, although I did not use cheats.
Just to clarify, do the challenge Achievements not trigger, or do the challenges not mark themselves as completed in-game? Achievements are not save file specific, and can only be completed once. If they are not actually completing in-game, then my only guess is that deleting a file from the launcher doesn't actually delete all data? To make sure a file is completely deleted, there are 3 files you need to be sure are gone from the episode folder.

• sav0.sav
  • sav0-ext.dat
  • progress.json
I have used sav0 for this example, but any number could come after "sav".
Anyone can correct me if this is not true, and I can take a look into releasing a patch that addresses this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT (03/01/24): The origin of this issue has been located. A small patch addressing the problem will be released soon. To clarify, you will only encounter this issue if you have completed challenges on one save file, and try to complete them again on another. Also, as I've already alluded to, this patch will not re-display the achievement notification on subsequent playthroughs. It will only fix the issue within the internal save file in which challenge status will be changed prematurely. Regardless, in the patch, I also plan to display an additional in-game notification upon completion of a challenge that is not dependent upon the status of achievements.

EDIT (03/14/24): The issue has been addressed in the latest patch (v1.1.1). Enjoy!
Last edited by Chipss on Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Chipss
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Chipss » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:42 pm

Bump! Patch 1.1 has been released! Here are the cliff-notes:

• 2 Fragmented Memories have been extended, finally giving them true gimmicks!
  • The Memory Amalgamation has been updated, utilizing the new gimmicks!
  • Difficulty balancing across the entire episode!
  • Fixing bugs that have embarrassingly been present since launch!
  • Full compatibility with Beta 5!
  • Utilization of some new Beta 5 features!
  • More overall polish!
Full changelog
Spoiler: show
LEVEL DESIGN

- The Bullet Bill Blasters now disappear after defeating the boss in Secret Stronghold
- Fixed a tiling error in Smoldering Steppe
- Fixed a tiling error in Spring Showers
- Modified several setups in The Memory Amalgamation to be more fair and less janky
- Modified the final setup of Clear Pipe Prarie to fix an issue that arose with Beta 5
- Made some additions/changes to setups in The Memory Amalgamation to feature all new mechanics/enemies
that were introduced in the extended Fragmented Memories
- Fixed some wonky spike collision in Monty Mole Mines
- It is now impossible to cheese the introductory setup of Monty Mole Mines
- Made the ending of Bone Dry Bridge slightly easier
- Made the interval between Rammerheads in the final section of Disastrous Deeps more lenient
- Made the final setup of Lightweight Library more lenient
- Slightly raised a pipe in Piranha Plant Pinch

BUG FIXES

- Fixed an issue where the audio could desync from the cutscene at the end of Tangled Temple and
High Watt Warehouse when defocusing the window
- Reconverted some faulty OGG files that weren't compatible with Beta 5
- Fixed a new Beta 5 issue where NPCs registered to Clear Pipes no longer register correctly
- Fixed an issue where the player would remain frozen from an Ice Ball even after respawning
- Fixed an issue where fireballs would prematurely spawn in Toxic Tumble
- Fixed a new Beta 5 issue where red springs stopped working correctly
- Small Monty Moles now only produce light after they have come out from underground
- Fixed an issue where the new message icon would not display for one of Maroonba's messages
- Fixed an issue in The Memory Amalgamation where the Heave-Ho wouldn't actually launch the player
- Fixed an inaccurate level name on the Map of Memories
- Fixed an issue where taking damage while holding the down button would cause the player to teleport upwards
- Removed the caustics in Disastrous Deeps as it did not interact well with some tiles

GENERAL CHANGES

- The Fragmented Memories "Buccaneer Bay" and "Polar Palace" have been slightly extended!
- The ordering of Fragmented Memories in the Past Portal has been slightly modified to reflect the
new difficulties
- Updated the descriptions of the two modified Fragmented Memories to better fit their new additions
- The player no longer loses coins upon death in Cutting Edge Canopy
- Added a window title and icon for the episode
- Updated a name in the Audiblette and credits
- Finding the secret of The Realm of Recollection now counts as 1% of overall completion in the launcher (originally 0%)
- The description passage in the launcher now displays the correct number of incomplete levels
- The launcher now mentions that the episode was made with SMBX2 (As clarification in standalone launcher distributions)

Please report all bugs or issues in a reply to this forum post, or you can get in contact by pinging me on the SMBX Discord server!

Return to “Episodes”