Level Title on Worldmap: How could we add "!" to Indicate Collectible Achieved

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
BroccoliRampage
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Moop!

Level Title on Worldmap: How could we add "!" to Indicate Collectible Achieved

Postby BroccoliRampage » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:51 am

The more I look into this, the more it seems like this may be a fairly easy thing to do. However, since I have only basic coding skills, I figured I should pitch this to the masses.

I'd like for the level title that appears on the overworld map to reflect whether a collectible within the level has been obtained, thru the addition of a "!" at the end of the displayed level title. In this case, the collectible would be the SMW power star. There would only be one per level, so it's easy enough. It would work the same way as in the Donkey Kong Country titles, where having collected the DKC coin causes a "!" to appear at the end of the level's title.

I think this could be widely beneficial, allowing other episode creators a system to indicate to the player when an item or items in a level have been found, preventing the need to go back through EVERY LEVEL to make sure all the power stars/star coins etc have actually been found.

Return to “LunaLua Help”