Super Mario Ticks of Time

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Levi022005
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he/him

Super Mario Ticks of Time

Postby Levi022005 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:05 pm

Yo! Thanks for checking out the forum post after seeing the trailer in the SMBX Direct. The whole "killing Mario" thing probably freaked you out, so allow me to explain what that was all about.
This is my first-ever SMBX episode, made with This episode is inspired by one of my favourite games of all time, Super Paper Mario. In Super Paper Mario fashion, Super Mario Ticks of Time features RPG elements and a darker, more serious story. Each of the 8 chapters will feature their own unique environments, gimmicks, and cast of colourful characters.
This episode is really really early in development. I plan on eventually releasing an early demo that includes just the first 1 or 2 chapters, and go from there.

Story
Spoiler: show
"Everything in this world, from the birds in the sky, to each of Bowser's lonely goombas, has a lifespan. All games must eventually come to an end. Oh, Mario, if I'm not mistaken... you've run out of extra lives... extra chances... I'm afraid this is where your game ends. How unfortunate."
With that, the clock on the Mushroom Kingdom's hero's game comes to an end. A young star kid spares a few more moments off of his own life to bring Mario back from the dead. There is someone out there that wants to pull the strings of the fates of all things -- the same person who brought about the end of Mario's life. In a race against the clock, will Mario be able to protect the fates of all things?
Chapters
Hub Area
Chapter 1
A lonely, barren, wintry wasteland
Long ago, war was waged over the ancient seal
And now, all that remains is the blistering cold
And a glimmer of hope that slowly begins to reveal.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Screenshots
ImageImage

If you want to stay up-to-date on the progress of this project, go join the SMBX Episode Projects Discord server! I will also be updating this forum post as frequently as I can.
Last edited by Levi022005 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mal8rk
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: English Speaking Spanish Speaker
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Super Mario Ticks of Time

Postby Mal8rk » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:17 pm

Oooooo, that looks hella awesome, specially for a begginer episode. Which version of SMBX is it for? SMBX2 or SMBX38A?

Levi022005
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Super Mario Ticks of Time

Postby Levi022005 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:51 pm

Mal8rk wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:17 pm
Oooooo, that looks hella awesome, specially for a begginer episode. Which version of SMBX is it for? SMBX2 or SMBX38A?
I probably should've mentioned that this is being made w/ SMBX2

Return to “Projects”