New Year's Day 2023

Off-topic discussion.
TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

New Year's Day 2023

Postby TDK » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:18 pm

It's new year's day for many timeszones.

So what's your new year's resolution (if you have any) ?
In your opinion, how was 2022?

TheNewGuy
Ninji
Ninji

Re: New Year's Day 2023

Postby TheNewGuy » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:36 pm

spreading negativity on the internet.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:38 am

For me, 2022 years is kind of bittersweet. We have some great moments, as well as not-so-good moments. In conclusion. 2022 is better than the previous 2 years imo.
My only resolution in 2023 is being more productive at arts, designning, working out, etc.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:56 pm

I don't have that much hope for 2023, my expectations are lowered for this year. 2022 wasn't that great, and I'm not crossing my fingers for 2023 to be any better. I don't have any resolutions because I don't remember to follow them.

deleted_account
Flurry
Flurry

Postby deleted_account » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:02 pm

Honestly, in 2023 we're steadily coming out of Covid, it looks like the war is about to fade out, and generally it looks like things might get somewhat better soon for a while at least.

Unless of course any of these predictions are wrong, and we are going to have a worse time overall like an escalation of the war onto nuclear or greater geographical level, a new random Covid strain throwing us all back two years, some environmental catastrophe ravaging the lands, or Nintendo suing Wohlstand for royalties.

Honestly, we can't know.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:56 pm

I met New Year with my family. I going to put more focus on my own life and sort things off to increase my general productivity in creativity and development.
_Lian_ wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:02 pm
Nintendo suing Wohlstand for royalties
Very unlikely. But even if something happens, the worst that may happen: is I will get rid of all Mario-related config packs and assets from off my projects and will rely on fully original content. But even now I try to separate the content from the code of the engines in order to save them from possible accidents. I also adhere to a strict policy of completely refusing to monetize anything related to intellectual property. Even refused to place ads on my sites. For two reasons - I myself dislike ads, and I also perfectly understand that this is parasitism if the main content of the site is not my original creation. In descriptions of Mario-related resource packs, I always add a notice that the content cannot be used for commercial purposes due to the fact that it is the intellectual property of Nintendo.

Return to “Sandbox”