Mystery Episodes | Mystery Man Bro

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Mystery Man Bro
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Subscribe on YT!
Pronouns: he/him/it

Mystery Episodes | Mystery Man Bro

Postby Mystery Man Bro » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:52 pm

This post will be used to share updates for ALL of my future projects. So make sure to bookmark or subscribe to this thread if you're interested in my episodes! All release windows are not set in stone, since episodes are made for the fun of it. Updates may be daily or weekly depending on the progress made...

Roadmap

Super Mario: Spiral

Released: December 17th 2022

Description: A seemingly basic first episode featuring levels linked by warps.

Progress: This episode is complete! Check it out here: Super Mario: Spiral

Super Mario: Downward

Release Window: Summer 2023

Description: In this indirect sequel to Super Mario: Spiral, Mario journeys to a mining village to answer a distress call about a missing Toad. Rather than the linear structure of its predecessor, Super Mario: Downward takes a Metriodvania approach akin to Hollow Knight. Mario must descend into the caves, collecting many power stars along the way, and either return with the lost Toad or lose his sanity to the depths.

Progress: As development has just started, only the introductory level has been made so far. However, the World Map has all been planned out, but it is still subject to change. While you will still have to explore the episode by warping to other areas, the World Map can be used as fast travel.

Floral

Release Window: Spring 2023 (Maybe even January or February)

Description: This episode was originally started in 2018 on 1.4.4, but after revisiting it recently it has been completely reworked into having a new look as well as using SMBX2 mechanics. Mario awakes in a mysterious facility and is tasked with completing puzzles revolving around the fire flower and ice flower. With over 15 levels, you'll have to start thinking with Floral to solve the mystery in this Portal-inspired episode!

Progress: So far the only level that has been worked on is the hub, but lots of planning and prep-work has already been done for other levels as well as the episode as a whole. The concept itself doesn't really carry enough steam for a full episode so Floral will be on the shorter side, meaning it should only take a month or two to create.

Project Traditional

Release Window: Winter 2023

Description: After I explore these untraditional episode formats, I would like to make a more traditional episode that will hopefully be more straight forward to develop allowing for focus to spent more on the level designs. I say traditional as in levels connected by a World Map, however, there will be some sort of twist involved in other aspects of the episode.

Progress: No progress has been made. Development for this episode will start after all other projects are complete.

And more episodes to come...

If you'd like to show support or spread awareness for any of these projects, feel free to add the images to your signature! Thanks for reading!
Image Image Image

Return to “Projects”