Hardest NSMB Game?

This is the place for video games!
Giggs-Chan
Rex
Rex

Hardest NSMB Game?

Postby Giggs-Chan » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:27 am

Personally, I think NSMBWii is the hardest game in my opinion and for good reason. Not only do you have to deal with the slightly-delayed Wii Remote in terms of control and shaking the thing to fly or twirl while jumping, but most of the level designs are really sadistic, especially in World 9! My opinion on the hardest levels in World 9 is a three-way tie between 9-4, 9-5, and 9-7.
9-4 is pure hell with the autoscroll working against you, lots of pipes that have different colors that distract you when you should be paying attention to the player, cannons that fire bombs non-stop, fire spitting piranha plants, platforms that move when two or more things are on them, and don't even get me started on the star coins.
Star Coin 1 is not bad since you can just wall jump,
Star Coin 2 requires an enemy thrown down to a gap,
and Star Coin 3 is the worst. You have to freeze a piranha plant so you can get to the pipe on top of it and it is not enterable when it doesn't exist.
9-5 isn't any better! Not only is there a bunch of slippery areas all over the place but you also got those stupid birds coming out of the pipes and they move so fast, you'll get taken down in a few seconds!
And 9-7? It's worse than hell! All of the ground is covered with frozen munchers and not only that, there's fire piranha plants that melt the ice, and even fire bros which can destroy MULTIPLE ICE BLOCKS AT ONCE!
Who at Nintendo came up with this stuff? ESPECIALLY SINCE IT USES A CONTROLLER THAT SLIGHTLY DELAYS YOUR INPUTS? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! IT HAS BEEN OVER 12 YEARS AND I STILL COULDN'T GET PAST THEM!

Return to “Video Games”