[SMBX 2.0] ISLAND X (WIP title)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

[SMBX 2.0] ISLAND X (WIP title)

Postby krakin » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:20 pm

Hey all, I've finally started to work on my first project!

Synopsis

I don't exactly have a "plot" for this project yet, I don't know if it really needs a plot. I'm planning on making it five worlds with four levels each, and a sixth special world making it 24 levels in total, but I'll most likely make it longer if it seems too short. The title is also not going to be permanent; I'm just temporarily giving the project this title for lack of a better name.

I was originally going to make this a vanilla SMBX episode, but with the world themes I have in mind, I really really really want to utilize custom graphics and music, but I'm going to need some gfx designers because I don't know how to add custom graphics and I can't get the music to loop correctly in-game. And...uh...it's kind of the reason why the levels I made so far are short... because I just went and put the full song in the level.

Worlds

World 1: Mushroom Jungle/Woods/Forest (1/4 done)

levels: show

1-1 Complete

World 2: Powdered Desert (1/4 done)

levels: show

1-1 Complete

(World 3: unnamed Mountain Beach themed world) (0/4 done)

(World 4: unnamed Sky-Ghost themed world) (0/4 done)

(World 5: unnamed Final world, no theme decided yet) (0/4 done)

(World 6: unnamed Special world, no theme decided yet) (0/4 done)

*The number of worlds and levels are subject to change

I have a download for level 1-1 so you can see what I'm talking about when I mentioned that the music isn't looping properly.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PHLiOD ... sp=sharing

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: [SMBX 2.0] ISLAND X (WIP title)

Postby deice » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:44 pm

your drive link doesn't include the level folder with the custom assets inside, so unfortunately it's not possible to actually see what the problem with the music is.

in any case it's best to go over the tutorial again (assuming you've checked it, if not i recommend it) and see if you missed anything. (maybe you misspelled one of the tags?)
also, you can use "pge_musplay" (located in "data/pge") to preview the audio and see if/how it loops without having to wait for it to loop in-game.

good luck with the project overall ^^

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Re: [SMBX 2.0] ISLAND X (WIP title)

Postby krakin » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:58 pm

deice wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:44 pm
your drive link doesn't include the level folder with the custom assets inside, so unfortunately it's not possible to actually see what the problem with the music is.
I recorded a video where I loaded into the level from the editor and the music is looping the wrong way.

I also made a video where I did the process over again, but this time the music isn't even playing at all, so I think I messed it up even more.
deice wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:44 pm
in any case it's best to go over the tutorial again (assuming you've checked it, if not i recommend it) and see if you missed anything. (maybe you misspelled one of the tags?)
also, you can use "pge_musplay" (located in "data/pge") to preview the audio and see if/how it loops without having to wait for it to loop in-game.
The tutorial I used was Enjl's actually, but if this one is better, I'll read through it and try to figure out what's wrong.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Re: (Update) [SMBX 2.0] ISLAND X

Postby krakin » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 am

The external SSD to my laptop is having an issue where it keeps giving me a blue screen on startup with the text "Your PC or device needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed." I ordered an internal SSD this time and it's on its way, but I'm going to see if I can salvage the external one in the meantime because I don't want to have to remake my levels again. Something is telling me that's what I might have to do because I've tried swapping out different USB-C cables to plug the SSD in, and unlike in the past where the blue screens were caused by the cord connection, this time the problem is most likely the SSD itself failing. I'll send another update when I fix my laptop.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Re: (Update) [SMBX 2.0] ISLAND X (WIP title)

Postby krakin » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:06 pm

My laptop is finally working again, but I think I'm going to put this project on hiatus because I have some important things that need to get done.

Return to “Projects”