Super Mario, Adventure Islands. DEMO 1 OUT NOW!!!

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Umj1124
Rex
Rex
Flair: Im Just Trying To Finish A Project TBH
Pronouns: he/him

Super Mario, Adventure Islands. DEMO 1 OUT NOW!!!

Postby Umj1124 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Hey Its Been A While Hasn't It? Anyways, My Episode Super Mario Adventure Islands Finally Has Its First Demo! But First, Some Screenshots.

Want To Download The Demo? Here Is The Link! Feedback would be great btw

Umj1124
Rex
Rex

Re: Super Mario, Adventure Islands. DEMO 1 OUT NOW!!!

Postby Umj1124 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:36 am

If You Dont Know Anything About Me, You Should Know How Attached I Am To This Project (Super Mario, Adventure Islands) But Recently, I Got A Trojen Virus Which Corrupt Alot Of The Files From In Smbx. All Of My Levels Are Gone (Except For The Ones In This Demo) And Its Made Me Realize I Should Start Over And Create A New Project. I Dont Know What Its Going To Be, But Ill Let You All Know. For Now, Bye! :D

MarchTo49
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: They/them

Postby MarchTo49 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:39 am

Umj1124 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:36 am
If You Dont Know Anything About Me, You Should Know How Attached I Am To This Project (Super Mario, Adventure Islands) But Recently, I Got A Trojen Virus Which Corrupt Alot Of The Files From In Smbx. All Of My Levels Are Gone (Except For The Ones In This Demo) And Its Made Me Realize I Should Start Over And Create A New Project. I Dont Know What Its Going To Be, But Ill Let You All Know. For Now, Bye! :D
It's sad to see you have to suffer like this, as I see your episode might have lot of potential. However, your spelling needs to be good like us, which didn't need mostly in full caps in most of the first letter in our typing. I have complaints about your episode while playing: unnecessary Star Coins;
Spoiler: show
and for the Peach Castle level, it ends with Mario uses the secret pipe inside the throne room to warp down and ends the level with SMW exist after Bowser kidnaps Peach. That's probably unnecessary.
When you have something new to show us in the future, be sure to check my feedback. I hope you'll learn~

Overall it's an average good episode project.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby deice » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:51 pm

MarchTo49 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:39 am
However, your spelling needs to be good like us, which didn't need mostly in full caps in most of the first letter in our typing.
it isn't particularly nice to harp on somebody's language ability even though what they've written is far from incomprehensible/unreadable. especially when the grammar in your own sentence has issues. pointing out a mistake just as an aside to remind the person is fine, but your post comes off as rather condescending.

back on the main topic, i must unfortunately say that the levels weren't very fun at all. they feel quite aimless and like they are merely built to contain the haphazardly scattered star coins instead of it being the other way around. the fact that they're as short as they are also doesn't really help (which also begs the question of why some of the unnecessary secret exits were crammed into them). the reason this is unfortunate is that the level design itself isn't horribly offensive or anything like that, and could've been better with just some more focus.
if i were to recommend anything, i'd say you should create levels with more of a concrete goal in mind for what you want that level to actually be. also, don't place any secrets/star coins until you've already finished the rest of the level, and instead try to work them in more organically.

MarchTo49
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: They/them

Postby MarchTo49 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:57 pm

deice wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:51 pm
MarchTo49 wrote:
However, your spelling needs to be good like us, which didn't need mostly in full caps in most of the first letter in our typing.
it isn't particularly nice to harp on somebody's language ability even though what they've written is far from incomprehensible/unreadable. especially when the grammar in your own sentence has issues. pointing out a mistake just as an aside to remind the person is fine, but your post comes off as rather condescending.
I'm sorry for that. I apologize for that.

Umj1124
Rex
Rex

Postby Umj1124 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:09 pm

deice wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:51 pm
MarchTo49 wrote:

back on the main topic, i must unfortunately say that the levels weren't very fun at all. they feel quite aimless and like they are merely built to contain the haphazardly scattered star coins instead of it being the other way around. the fact that they're as short as they are also doesn't really help (which also begs the question of why some of the unnecessary secret exits were crammed into them). the reason this is unfortunate is that the level design itself isn't horribly offensive or anything like that, and could've been better with just some more focus.
if i were to recommend anything, i'd say you should create levels with more of a concrete goal in mind for what you want that level to actually be. also, don't place any secrets/star coins until you've already finished the rest of the level, and instead try to work them in more organically.
Thank you for your feedback! I understand that the levels where quite short, And i could of made the star coins less forced. That's another reason im starting a new project. Ive only finished 1 level so far, But i wont push collectable's as much. Once again, Thank you for your feedback it really means alot!!! :D

Return to “Projects”