smwMap.lua Help

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
KurttheKing
Bit
Bit
Flair: Certified Nerd
Pronouns: He/Him

smwMap.lua Help

Postby KurttheKing » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:47 pm

I have some Questions for smwMap.lua that I'd like answered:

Can I make an intro level that loads before the World Map does and how? (BTW, I've seen it done in STTB3 so I know it's possible somehow)
Also, how do you/what do you use to make Mega Tiles? (What Software or Technique to be specific) Is it possible to change what Area of the Map you're in via going into a level? (for example, at the end of the level, your character gets fired out of a cannon into a new location on the Map) [Solved] And finally, can a Path be made of multiple different Types of Paths? (Normal Path followed by a Bridge Path and another Normal Path) [Solved] P.S., I'm TERRIBLE at Scripting
Last edited by KurttheKing on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Registered sand eater
Swooper
Swooper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: smwMap.lua Help

Postby Registered sand eater » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:52 am

As for the 3rd question: You need to write some lua in order to teleport the player to a different part of the map. For the final question: Yes, you can set different types of paths with one path, you type the said types of paths for each number of the spline.

Torterra18
Koopa
Koopa
Pronouns: he/him

Re: smwMap.lua Help

Postby Torterra18 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:50 am

Registered sand eater wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:52 am
As for the 3rd question: You need to write some lua in order to teleport the player to a different part of the map. For the final question: Yes, you can set different types of paths with one path, you type the said types of paths for each number of the spline.
Well, what's the lua script for the teleporting part?

Return to “LunaLua Help”