wyldstrykr
Bit
Bit

my level 1.0

Postby wyldstrykr » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:13 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wDzBa8 ... sp=sharing
no title yet.
2 exits. mario trades carrots rabbits for mushrooms
probably theres lua error and other error somewhere. and theres probably an issue with lack of midpoint

boss coming soon.
will probably make the 1st part longer.

edit: added the boss and make the first part larger but feels even more empty.

to do:
adjust boss numbers
maybe edit the ending part(?)
will add some decorations later.

if there is a error or bugs, let me know. thanks

this is hard. i can come up with idea in mystery contest. but not when theres nearly no restrictions. i tried
Last edited by wyldstrykr on Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Re: still on construction

Postby cato » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:20 am

Just a quick question. Why is it that every of your contest submission levels is identical when it regards the design and its flaws? It is the same simple unfinished Vanilla, same bunny NPCs as the previous Mystery Contest and Chocolate Contest, the same sound effects, and the same problem with jank anti-spin jump features.

At least, there is a theme of feeding carrots to the bunnies, and you could start from there if you don't have ideas for the setups and gimmicks. As demonstrated in some parts, bunnies hurt the player when jumped on and disappear upon eating a carrot. You just need to find a way to expand upon those ideas, instead of those from the previous entries.

wyldstrykr
Bit
Bit

Re: still on construction

Postby wyldstrykr » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:09 pm

about the npcs,effects and such. i just kinda stick on it for some reason because i like it.i shouldve disabled spinjump entirely but i decided to make a stupid one and probably do so again.. about the unfinished part. i need to improve to that. maybe ill read or watch video about those topics.

wyldstrykr
Bit
Bit

Re: v0.85 still on construction

Postby wyldstrykr » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:57 am

added a boss.
makes first section larger to match the length of the second section. it make become less cramped but more empty.
EDIT: if the boss is too long or too hard and has bugs and errors, let me know. thanks
note to self: do the level periodically (even at least 15 mins a day) and not stop for 2 weeks straight

Return to “Choco Latte Contest 2022”