Inventory.lua overwriting events and dialogue (littleDialogue)

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
bonel_
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: supah mario
Pronouns: he/him

Inventory.lua overwriting events and dialogue (littleDialogue)

Postby bonel_ » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:35 pm

So if anyone here knows about the Bowser's Fury inventory lua file, then someone may has experienced a similar issue I have.

Everytime an event plays and the player presses the key to call the inventory, the inventory pops up, but results in breaking the events which then breaks the rest of the game and its event's if I am using "littleDialogue".

Why does this occur?

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Inventory.lua overwriting events and dialogue (littleDialogue)

Postby deice » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 am

the two libraries are by different authors, so there's no guarantee of full compatibility there.
i haven't used either, but for the inventory i'd assume there's a way to temporarily disable it (even if it's just by overriding the input for it). so you could theoretically circumvent this issue by making a new event that does nothing in-game but triggers after any chain of events has finished, then just:

- disable use of the inventory whenever an event is triggered
- re-enable it once the dummy event is triggered

bonel_
Koopa
Koopa

Postby bonel_ » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 pm

Thanks, for the feedback. I've decided to use an alternative due to multiple reasons including this one.

Either way, much appreciated.

Coldcolor
Koopa
Koopa

Postby Coldcolor » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:45 am

scog_ wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:35 pm
So if anyone here knows about the Bowser's Fury inventory lua file, then someone may has experienced a similar issue I have.

Everytime an event plays and the player presses the key to call the inventory, the inventory pops up, but results in breaking the events which then breaks the rest of the game and its event's if I am using "littleDialogue".

Why does this occur?
Hi, I'm the author of Bowser's Fury Inventory. I found that bug too, and I just patched it out, so I'm going to release an update soon. Sorry about that!

this fix should also make it so anything paused by lua not interfere with the inventory. please let me know if you find any more bugs!

Added in 1 hour 14 minutes 8 seconds:
deice wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 am
the two libraries are by different authors, so there's no guarantee of full compatibility there.
i haven't used either, but for the inventory i'd assume there's a way to temporarily disable it (even if it's just by overriding the input for it). so you could theoretically circumvent this issue by making a new event that does nothing in-game but triggers after any chain of events has finished, then just:

funny thing is, I actually tried to add compatibility with littledialogue but I forgot to take into account that you can press the button to unpause when the dialogue is open. I just released an update that fixes that though, so we should be good now.

bonel_
Koopa
Koopa

Postby bonel_ » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:15 pm

Coldcolor900 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:59 am
scog_ wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:35 pm

Why does this occur?
Hi, I'm the author of Bowser's Fury Inventory. I found that bug too, and I just patched it out, so I'm going to release an update soon. Sorry about that!

this fix should also make it so anything paused by lua not interfere with the inventory. please let me know if you find any more bugs!

Added in 1 hour 14 minutes 8 seconds:
deice wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 am

funny thing is, I actually tried to add compatibility with littledialogue but I forgot to take into account that you can press the button to unpause when the dialogue is open. I just released an update that fixes that though, so we should be good now.
Thank you so much for releasing this, I will love to re-enable this finally!

Return to “LunaLua Help”