Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Hello World!

Postby krakin » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:11 pm

Chanceux2Again wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:37 pm
(Also I said I'd stop posting but im just posting anyway. I just miss this place man and posting again warms my heart)
Relatable lol. This sounds like me from 2020. Yeah this place can do that to ya

ben
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby ben » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:43 pm

Hello everyone. :)

I think the idea that you can also post as a guest is (generally) good.

It can be that one does not want to register somewhere and is then happy to be able to participate without registering. :)

If at the time when I registered, guests could have posted, it could well have been that I would have done so indefinitely. :)

Chanceux2Again

Postby Chanceux2Again » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:29 am

I'm not sure if not creating an account is a good thing or a bad thing? Maybe, if they found out about this place they can look around and see if they can create a account to have the full experience

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:22 pm

I think that would be a better alternative yeah. With the tinkering I've done in the past few months activity has ticked up just a bit, and with reduced posting friction it may end up increasing activity more. I haven't seen anything go wrong with this so far, so I think I'll enable guest posting on more forums soon and make a formal announcement.

Animebryan2

Postby Animebryan2 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:45 pm

Chanceux2Again has the right idea about removing inactive accounts after a year of inactivity. There are plenty of forums & websites that still do this. It's called 'Pruning'. It makes sense to prune inactive accounts to cut down on whatever strain it puts on the servers. And the number of accounts that would fall into this category would be irrelevant, as account pruning should be an automated process (with bots of course).

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby ShadowXeldron » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:35 am

Aero wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:22 pm
I think that would be a better alternative yeah. With the tinkering I've done in the past few months activity has ticked up just a bit, and with reduced posting friction it may end up increasing activity more. I haven't seen anything go wrong with this so far, so I think I'll enable guest posting on more forums soon and make a formal announcement.
Which forums specifically?

Kaelger

Postby Kaelger » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:08 am

This is a Feature:tm:

Chanceux2Again

Postby Chanceux2Again » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:17 am

Dragon0307 wrote:
> [quote=Aero post_id=391045 time=1644805359 user_id=638]
> I think that would be a better alternative yeah. With the tinkering I've
> done in the past few months activity has ticked up just a bit, and with
> reduced posting friction it may end up increasing activity more. I haven't
> seen anything go wrong with this so far, so I think I'll enable guest
> posting on more forums soon and make a formal announcement.
> [/quote]
>
> Which forums specifically?

Probably a test phpBB forum

FuyuAlt

Postby FuyuAlt » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:17 pm

Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've talked to anyone here. I don't want to cause drama so I'll just get my feelings off my chest.

I've been a part of this community for over 10 years, have had enjoyable chats with many people I have come to consider my friends. We would often gather around in some group chat and play videogames online or just talk about stuff. When I think about those times I realize I have learnt and obtained a great deal, and I will always treasure all that.

This is the place where I got to better myself at talking in English in general, where I got to express my creativity, where I learnt to open myself to others. But more importantly, this is the place I truly got a chance to interact with other people. Prior to joining this community I would rarely talk with people; I have had bad experiences with bullying and all, so coming to this place was really refreshing. For the first time I felt like I truly belonged and I found myself emotionally maturing, and I will always be thankful for that.

I've always been very competitive, always trying to prove myself superior. That was my younger self trying to prove to myself and others that I wasn't a "failure". I've always been very insecure about myself and how the world perceives me. Back then I had made it my goal to become a Moderator all the way back in ye old days of NSMBX. To me getting there was like a badge of honor. Now I scoff at myself for wishing for something so trivial. It was this community that taught me to be humble and always keep in mind that It is alright to be wrong and that things are as bad as you let them be. Today I work everyday to better myself, not to compete, but to be happy. Even through my own ban, I have come to learn this, and I will always cherish this last goodbye lesson.

My own insecurities always made me push myself too hard. I still recall when I made a thread for an episode that was going to have 500 levels. I was so naive to think I could do such a thing on my own, especially when I work on a team of people now and we haven't even finished the first demo. When I started making music, when I made a thread for requesting logos, when I made the content that I published here, I always thought that I needed to prove myself worthy. All of it was on an attempt to please everyone, even though I was aching to be pleased. I never got it back, and I am glad that is the case. Because of this I now know that the love you get you don't earn through self-sacrifice, but through mutual understanding and simple acceptance, and I will always appreciate how much this community has taught me.

When I think about the things I have come to learn, about the things this place has given me, I begin to understand just how much it actually means to me. It's not about a random place to post nonsense, it's not about competing with others, it's not about being in the right, it's not about having fun. To me this community has helped me reshape myself in a form I am proud of. I can finally look at myself and feel like I am worth something. So even though this love is one-sided right now, even if this message won't be accepted by most people, let me just say I'm very happy I got the chance to meet all of you. And even if I wish we said goodbyes on better terms, all of you will always have a place in my heart.

This is my final, most sincere, and accepting goodbye to a community that has changed my life forever. I love all you guys. I love SMBX. And I wish for this community to keep growing and expanding so that it can change more lives for the better.

Sincerely, Fuyu (AKA Natsu)

Return to “Guestbook”