Do the little easter egg codes still exist in SMBX2?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
MarioTheGre
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Hello! First seen SMBX since 2016.
Pronouns: he/him

Do the little easter egg codes still exist in SMBX2?

Postby MarioTheGre » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Just wondering, do those little SMBX easter egg codes still exist in the game? I'm willing to make a little secret area for those that use those codes to access the secret level in my episode, which can't be accessed by normal means. If so, are there any new codes that are in SMBX2?

Luna
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Cuteness overload <3
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Do the little easter egg codes still exist in SMBX2?

Postby Luna » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:56 pm

Yes, they still exist. There are even some new ones.
I wouldn't recommend you to require them for a level, though - some people may not be aware of their existance or the existance of the redigitiscool code that re-enables saving after using a cheat code.

MarioTheGre
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby MarioTheGre » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:32 pm

DerEric wrote: I wouldn't recommend you to require them for a level, though - some people may not be aware of their existance or the existance of the redigitiscool code that re-enables saving after using a cheat code.
Actually, it's not meant to be a required code for the episode, it's more so just a secret level that is on the map, but you can't reach it. It's a secret for everybody. Nor will there be saving disabled. It's more so the code "Where are my keys?" which allows you to go anywhere on the map. That code is the one I've been thinking about on using it to reach the secret level. And also a little nod.

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby ShadowXeldron » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:53 am

MarioTheGre wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:32 pm
Actually, it's not meant to be a required code for the episode, it's more so just a secret level that is on the map, but you can't reach it. It's a secret for everybody. Nor will there be saving disabled. It's more so the code "Where are my keys?" which allows you to go anywhere on the map. That code is the one I've been thinking about on using it to reach the secret level. And also a little nod.
You mean illparkwhereiwant? wherearemycarkeys gives you a key, while illparkwhereiwant lets you go anywhere on the map. I sometimes use it just for the increased movement speed. Using that does require redigitiscool. You should probably hide it behind a very obscure secret exit instead, as that won't trigger the aniticheat.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:48 am

MarioTheGre
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby MarioTheGre » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:43 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:53 am

You mean illparkwhereiwant?
So what you're saying is they changed the code? It still feels like a good nod though!

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby ShadowXeldron » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:53 pm

MarioTheGre wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:43 pm
Dragon0307 wrote:

You mean illparkwhereiwant?
So what you're saying is they changed the code? It still feels like a good nod though!
They didn't change the code. It's just that wherearemycarkeys is a cheat that's used in levels to give you a key, while illparkwhereiwant is used to let you go anywhere on the world map. Both codes have always been like that.

MarioTheGre
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby MarioTheGre » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:57 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:53 pm
They didn't change the code. It's just that wherearemycarkeys is a cheat that's used in levels to give you a key, while illparkwhereiwant is used to let you go anywhere on the world map. Both codes have always been like that.
I swear it used to be wherearemycarkeys on the world map. I even saw it on a YT video before I knew about SMBX2 (Like, before the second half of 2021).

MarioTheGre
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby MarioTheGre » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:24 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
You should probably hide it behind a very obscure secret exit instead, as that won't trigger the aniticheat.
Wait hol up there's anticheat I didn't know about?? I never knew! Honestly. And I'd probably use "Where are my car keys" as a funny inside joke for a Toad in the underground warp hub where many visit from the other worlds to meet up there. It will require beating world 1 in order to access this under ground warp hub. And the said Toad in the warp hub is looking for their keys so they can enter their secret house, but there won't be a key in the level, so they'll have to get a key themselves. Again, it'll just be a bonus inside joke that inside had a 1-up, and not much more other than it's a house.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby deice » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:16 am

MarioTheGre wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:24 pm
Wait hol up there's anticheat I didn't know about?? I never knew! Honestly. And I'd probably use "Where are my car keys" as a funny inside joke for a Toad in the underground warp hub where many visit from the other worlds to meet up there. It will require beating world 1 in order to access this under ground warp hub. And the said Toad in the warp hub is looking for their keys so they can enter their secret house, but there won't be a key in the level, so they'll have to get a key themselves. Again, it'll just be a bonus inside joke that inside had a 1-up, and not much more other than it's a house.
i believe "anticheat" is referring to the fact that cheating disables the save function until you type "redigitiscool".

MarioTheGre
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby MarioTheGre » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:19 pm

deice wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:16 am
i believe "anticheat" is referring to the fact that cheating disables the save function until you type "redigitiscool".
ah. I see. Good 2 know.

Return to “General”