My CCX2 level entry (beta test requested)

Subforum for the SMBX Chocolate Level Contest 2021.
ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

My CCX2 level entry (beta test requested)

Postby ElTipsta » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:07 am

If anyone has ten minutes spare, would they mind testing my CCX2 entry? Just to ensure there aren't any errors in submission like my vanilla contest entry?

Link (updated): https://mega.nz/file/BMIA2RoC#fP3CRafe ... FE-qytUVCg

Last edited by ElTipsta on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Re: My CCX2 level entry (beta test requested)

Postby cato » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:12 am

Quite a fun level. There aren't any errors. Though you can hide the second star better as it just a obvious pipe with player blocks on it.

Edit: It would interesting to see the fast Chainchomps interacting with springs. It would be quite chaotic.
Last edited by cato on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:57 am

I really loved this level. It has a nice setting and uses Chain Chomps in creative ways, especially in the horizontally-warped section. However, I do believe the secret star is a little too obvious. Whether it's the warp placement or the player blocks, it all feels sudden. Also, the very first Chain-Chomp might catch some players off guard. I would probably suggest either a stumped Chain-Chomp or placing it on the upper bridge. There aren't any functional errors I encountered, but you might want to remove that out-of-bounds star. Just in case the hub does count the level having three stars, but I wouldn't know too much about it. Graphically, stomping on the Yellow Koopa and letting it go back into its shell changes to the normal Kamikaze Koopa. I'm not saying "Clash, clash, clash," but I think it's rather odd that it suddenly changes style. Lastly, I think the coin placement could be improved if they indicated where it's safe to land. There was one below the first-star coin that confused me a bit because I didn't know if I was able to wait there. I'll reiterate, this is a great level nonetheless, and there aren't too many errors you made.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:23 am

Thank you both for your feedback! I've updated it and the link if incase anyone else wants to give feedback before i submit it.
cato wrote:Edit: It would interesting to see the fast Chainchomps interacting with springs. It would be quite chaotic.
And also really hard. Would be great in like a special world level.

DetectiveZvarri
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: he/him

Postby DetectiveZvarri » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:42 am

excellent level. i really like how you used the chain chomp generators, especially with the screen wrapping at the end. i also love the custom graphics and atmosphere of the level. i did not find any significant bugs or errors in this level, but i did find that music fades out instead of looping correctly.

Return to “ChoccyCon 2021”