Disaster Depot (New Level: Rigging Romp)

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
GreenDemon
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: smbx is cool
Pronouns: he/him - autistic

Re: Disaster Depot (New Level: Giant Feast Fiasco)

Postby GreenDemon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:10 am

DisasterMaster wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:38 am
GreenDemon wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:42 am
Can I use the Giant Piranha Plant sprites from Castle Cramped in my level?
Yes.

If anyone wishes to use any custom graphics from any of my levels, please feel free to do so. It's an honor to see my creations get some extra use. If they happen to be custom graphics for another person's custom NPC, just make sure to still credit that person for their creation.
Ok, thanks!

Added in 2 minutes 30 seconds:
These levels are amazing, how do you get your ideas for them? I'm barely creative these days and need advice.

DisasterMaster
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: Disaster Depot (New Level: I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas)

Postby DisasterMaster » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:55 pm

GreenDemon wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:59 am
These levels are amazing, how do you get your ideas for them? I'm barely creative these days and need advice.
Thank you!
I wish I could give you a definitive place in my mind where all these ideas come from, but they just do...whether it be an idea springing from someone's custom NPC or even from something I hear of. My advice is to start with an idea (picture, landscape, another game, NPC, or song [as you will see], ect) and then decide on the backgrounds, BGOs, terrain, music, and NPCs. Think up a gimmick using the NPCs (and even custom scripts), place the setups you want, and build the terrain around each setup. I like to try to find custom NPCs that don't see a lot of use and sometimes combine them with newer NPCs.

And on that...

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas gifts you with the present of very fragile flight.

I heard this song over the holidays and decided to give MegaDood's SML2 Hippo some recognition. Throw in some of Deltom's explosive-happy Gnomings and you have a festively dangerous course.

Hopefully this level doesn't burst your bubble...

DisasterMaster
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: Disaster Depot (New Level: For All Those Beet Lovers Out There)

Postby DisasterMaster » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:28 am

For All Those Beet Lovers Out There farms up this rather explosive vegetable.

With Tempest's Beetroot powerup recently being brought up, I decided to play around with its functionality. In the process, I created a few setups that soon evolved into a whole level. It further evolved into a farm with Mal8rks's multiple bull enemies and deltom's talking flowers to give advice.

A short and sweet level to "beet".

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Re: Disaster Depot (New Level: For All Those Beet Lovers Out There)

Postby MegaDood » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:09 am

DisasterMaster wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:28 am
For All Those Beet Lovers Out There farms up this rather explosive vegetable.

With Tempest's Beetroot powerup recently being brought up, I decided to play around with its functionality. In the process, I created a few setups that soon evolved into a whole level. It further evolved into a farm with Mal8rks's multiple bull enemies and deltom's talking flowers to give advice.

A short and sweet level to "beet".
I really liked this level, it didn't overstay its welcome and the enemy use felt fitting and great.
Though I noticed that sometimes you can pluck a beetroot powerup out of the ground randomly, not sure if that was intended?
Anyway, great level!

DisasterMaster
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: Disaster Depot (New Level: Keep Grrrollin' Grrrollin' Grrrollin')

Postby DisasterMaster » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:58 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:09 am
I really liked this level, it didn't overstay its welcome and the enemy use felt fitting and great.
Though I noticed that sometimes you can pluck a beetroot powerup out of the ground randomly, not sure if that was intended?
Anyway, great level!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

Being able to sometimes pluck a power-up from the grass wasn't intended and happened because the Beetroot overwrote a vegetable. Thank you for pointing that out and it has now been fixed.

And now a new level...

Keep Grrrollin' Grrrollin' Grrrollin' is now rollin' rollin' rollin' into the depot.

Grrrols, Minecarts, Snakes, Falling Crystals, Barrels-of-"fun"...you'll have to see what havoc is wrought here.

Don't let this level crush your spirit.

GreenDemon
Koopa
Koopa

Postby GreenDemon » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:42 pm

Now that beta 5 is here, it would be cool if you made a level about the new things added in it.

GreenDemon
Koopa
Koopa

Postby GreenDemon » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:20 pm

Are you planning on making a level based around Deltom's new Bullet Bill pack?

DisasterMaster
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: Disaster Depot (New Level: Rigging Romp)

Postby DisasterMaster » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:06 pm

GreenDemon wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:20 pm
Are you planning on making a level based around Deltom's new Bullet Bill pack?
Probably not right away.
I'm still thinking of ideas for the Vanilla contest, as well as making other standalone levels featuring various other packs and beta 5 npcs.
GreenDemon wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:42 pm
Now that beta 5 is here, it would be cool if you made a level about the new things added in it.
Here's a level with one new Beta 5 enemy.

Rigging Romp sinks into the briny sea.

Originally created for the MFGG contest, I decided to post the level here since it was both an out-of-site contest and there was no mention of an episode being created for it. It utilizes the many Kremling npcs that have been created over the years. With the Boss Bass' basegame release, I figured it would a good obstacle to try to gobble up your unsuspecting shipwrecked survivor.

Return to “Levels”