Super Basic Mario Editor

This is the place for video games!
Axiom
Foo
Foo

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Axiom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 am

SMBXxer wrote:I found out the name of the PuP.
It is called Multiplug.
Is that something you used in dev?

?

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:09 am

*posts pic of a butt plug and gets banned*

But uh, idk anything about Multiplug or whatever. Again, it might be the installer. The source code is available, so nothing malicious that I would ever try to do wouldn't get very far anyway...

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:53 pm

AeroMatter wrote:*posts pic of a butt plug and gets banned*
I almost did that

and yeah multiplug is from the installer. be careful when selecting what you want installed

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Here's a look at the Changelog for the progress so far for 1.0.2.1

+ Added Starman powerup.
+ Powered up players can now break blocks.
+ Added NPC system to the game engine.
+ Added all NPCs under SMBB3's "Enemies" Group.
+ Changing player state while testing is now fully supported.
+ Enemies interact with level environment.
* Fill tool can be used again.
* Changed keyboard input methods.
* Grid now adjusts to level window size.
* Removed redundant code.
* IRC Windows are now docked in the editor.
* Player sprites now use less resources to load, and are more efficiently implemented.
* Player code has been rewritten for more efficiency, and is easier to modify.
* Fixed performance problem (CPU spike) for loading level backgrounds.

More to come before the update is released.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:36 am

I'm excited to check out your new release. (And maybe play with the code a bit if you release it). If you need any help I'm sure I could be of some assistance. ;)

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:01 am

SnifitGuy wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:It might be the installer. I'll just upload the ZIP file from now on. Other people have said similar things are popping up.
>Downloads .exe
>>Waits 40 minutes to download it
>>>Anti-Virus detects VSMBX and deletes it
Spoiler: show
Delete your anitivirus and never use it. Instead of disable your Adobe Flash (make it working in "by request" mode)! and you will have TRUE virus protection

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:05 am

Wohlstand wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:It might be the installer. I'll just upload the ZIP file from now on. Other people have said similar things are popping up.
>Downloads .exe
Delete your anitivirus and never use it. Instead of disable your Adobe Flash (make it working in "by request" mode)! and you will have TRUE virus protection
Or just add it to the whitelist because your AV sees VSMBX as a unknown program.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:28 am

Wohlstand wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:
>Downloads .exe
agreed. or just get rid of flash entirely, start using Chrome because Chrome offers its own Flash player replacement that works really well.

antiviruses are a waste of money and resources. antiviruses do nothing but suck up resources, use some common sense on the internet when installing things and you won't need an antivirus.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:42 am

Luigifan2010 wrote:antiviruses are a waste of money and resources. antiviruses do nothing but suck up resources, use some common sense on the internet when installing things and you won't need an antivirus.
....Yeah true enough. (Even though Chrome uses up a lot of resources too, same with Firefox, so I don't use em.)

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Antiviruses are only useful for blokes like me who don't have Common Sense (or commonly use Flash).
XerX wrote:I'm excited to check out your new release. (And maybe play with the code a bit if you release it). If you need any help I'm sure I could be of some assistance. ;)
I was going to ask Luigifan to help beta test again, but you're more than welcome to do so as well if you want.

The code will be released this time, since everything should be properly implemented in the next update unlike the last one with fragments of an unused NPC and powerup system. :p

andreepika11233
Swooper
Swooper

Postby andreepika11233 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:29 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
XerX wrote:I'm excited to check out your new release. (And maybe play with the code a bit if you release it). If you need any help I'm sure I could be of some assistance. ;)
I was going to ask Luigifan to help beta test again, but you're more than welcome to do so as well if you want.
Oh, can I beta test too? I could try new features that you added to the beta test version of vsmbx and report for bugs in this version.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:07 pm

andreepika11233 wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:
Oh, can I beta test too? I could try new features that you added to the beta test version of vsmbx and report for bugs in this version.
Nah. Beta testing isn't getting to play before everyone else and running into problems as you do so, you have to look for problems and I'd prefer my testers have some insight on general ways to fix them.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:03 pm

ya sure i just have to set reminders

and ghost if you keep updating github regualrly, that'll make the whole code accessing thing mUCH easier

FelixBoltwood
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby FelixBoltwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Just finished reading the entire thread, and I have to say this is really appealing :D Will the collision events be based on sprite pixel interaction? (ex.: Enemy sprite touches any part of Mario's sprite except feet and hurts him)
And will there be an option to leave the stage through the pause menu after beating it once? I really don't like how it can't be done in the original SMBX :I

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Cloudberry wrote:Just finished reading the entire thread, and I have to say this is really appealing :D
Thanks!
Cloudberry wrote:Will the collision events be based on sprite pixel interaction? (ex.: Enemy sprite touches any part of Mario's sprite except feet and hurts him)
No. It will be based on hitboxes like SMBX is (and most other games). The hitboxes can be set to not hurt Mario if an NPC touches his feet, if you're wondering.
Cloudberry wrote:And will there be an option to leave the stage through the pause menu after beating it once? I really don't like how it can't be done in the original SMBX :I
Most likely, yes. This won't happen until world maps are implemented though.

Welcome to the forum by the way. o/

FelixBoltwood
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby FelixBoltwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:53 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Cloudberry wrote:Just finished reading the entire thread, and I have to say this is really appealing :D
Thanks!
Cloudberry wrote:Will the collision events be based on sprite pixel interaction? (ex.: Enemy sprite touches any part of Mario's sprite except feet and hurts him)
No. It will be based on hitboxes like SMBX is (and most other games). The hitboxes can be set to not hurt Mario if an NPC touches his feet, if you're wondering.
Cloudberry wrote:And will there be an option to leave the stage through the pause menu after beating it once? I really don't like how it can't be done in the original SMBX :I
Most likely, yes. This won't happen until world maps are implemented though.

Welcome to the forum by the way. o/
You're welcome~
In that case, will the hitboxes be resizable for new characters? Just putting graphics and masks didn't seem to work for reskins in the original SMBX. I also loved the quick-exit feature in SMW; there are a few episodes on here with something similar, but if you pick the level by accident, you have to go halfway through a level just to leave it.
And thanks for the welcome :D

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:53 pm

NPCs can now collide with each other.

SMBXxer
Panser
Panser

Postby SMBXxer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:26 am

Ghosthawk, if I may ask, how far is this project along?
Like, in % complete.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:29 am

SMBXxer wrote:Ghosthawk, if I may ask, how far is this project along?
Like, in % complete.
Editor is mostly done.
Gameplay is in early development.
World map hasn't been started.
Advanced features like moving layers and layers haven't been started.
Level Settings is still pretty much not implemented.

So I guess a bit more than 20% of the way to completion?

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:01 am

point of completion i guess to whenever he decides he's ready to release a stable build.

Return to “Video Games”