The SMBX Assets Archive

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The SMBX Assets Archive

Postby Murphmario » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:17 pm

Yeah, it should be download only unless a trusted member gets permission.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:29 am

Just as a heads up, as of tomorrow night (Australia time) the Asset Archive will become download only for the vast majority. This change is happening for a couple of reasons, one of which is something most of you would have encountered last week with missing sections, in this instance the Level Assets section disappearing. I do not know, nor can I confirm if that was a mistake or was done with intent, however, this change will help to rectify this from happening again. There are also changes coming to Google Drive in the future in regards to publicly shared files for people with editor access, which may/may not cause issues when they occur.

Bear in mind, I have selected so far a few people who will continue to have editor access. Since public editing access will be no longer available it is crucial to have a team to help maintain the Archive. If anyone would like specific things uploaded or changed in the Archive, please leave a message in this thread and we will get it done as soon as possible for you.

I am waiting on a reply from a couple of people as of right now, however the following users are part of the Archive team:
KBM-Quine
Murphmario
Dynamo
Idunn
Red Yoshi
registered_person
MegaDood

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:47 am

Public editing in the Archive has now been disabled. All those with editor permissions should still be able to make changes as needed, if not please let me know. If anyone would like content added, please leave a message and (preferably) a link to its respective topic (if it has one) and the Archive team will get it uploaded for you as soon as possible. Just because you are no longer able to make edits yourself however, does not mean you can't download anything. Everything is still available for download/use and always will be. I apologize again for any inconvenience this causes, however I believe this to be the best course of action to keep the Archive up and running as efficiently as possible for everyone to use and enjoy.

Abashi76
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Abashi76 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:00 pm

Why is it taking my computer forever to download? Will it even download, can I even download it? It says "preparing download" forever.

Marioman2007
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Dr. Bones
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Marioman2007 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:25 am

Abashi76 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:00 pm
Why is it taking my computer forever to download? Will it even download, can I even download it? It says "preparing download" forever.
Original Post wrote: * Downloading the whole archive is generally not reccommended as doing so will only download the Archive in that moment and the overall filesize is massive, so please bear that in mind. Once downloaded the Archive does NOT receive updates.

KorayD
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby KorayD » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:02 pm

Hello, I've been working (off and on) on an 8-bit Super Mario Bros. graphic repository for a long time now.

It contains thousands of original and ripped graphics in a variety of themes. Only problem is that it's not as complete as I like. There is slight clutter and incomplete rips. The unripped folder contains hundreds of images alone.

I'd like to open-source this effort in the hopes that it is developed and maintained further by like-minded individuals. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

KnownStranger
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby KnownStranger » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:53 pm

KorayD wrote: Hello, I've been working (off and on) on an 8-bit Super Mario Bros. graphic repository for a long time now.

It contains thousands of original and ripped graphics in a variety of themes. Only problem is that it's not as complete as I like. There is slight clutter and incomplete rips. The unripped folder contains hundreds of images alone.

I'd like to open-source this effort in the hopes that it is developed and maintained further by like-minded individuals. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
That's a lot of 8-bit graphics, so you should compress all the folder to make the download speed faster.

ditditdit
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: e
Pronouns: she/they

Postby ditditdit » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:30 pm

the download won't work

SuperAlex
Snifit
Snifit

Postby SuperAlex » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:08 pm

Yeah the PGE Download didn't work

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby FirestarPlays » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:34 pm

I'm having trouble downloading assets from the Assets Archive. Can someone help me download them? The zipping process finishes but it doesn't download. (No, I'm not downloading the whole drive at once) Edit: It works fine now.

JamminJelly
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby JamminJelly » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:48 pm

Thank you for preserving my Reznor Ridge tileset here!! :D I was very very proud of it when I first made it in 2017 but the original link died at some point and I don't remember why. I'm really glad it's not lost to time.

Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I am Fan
Pronouns: They, She, He, It

Postby Fangamestalgia » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:04 pm

I want to combine these files to have fewer files to download

Return to “Graphics”