What games are you playing right now?

This is the place for video games!
Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

What games are you playing right now?

Postby Emral » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:51 am

If I'm already copying the talkhaus thread combo, might aswell do it properly.

While this thread is a log, the one you're reading right now is where you can write about games you're playing, planning to play or have just beaten. Please make sure to put spoilers into spoiler tags!

I'm currently juggling Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate and Disgaea 5 Complete as two leftovers from 2020. Shiren has been murderfacing me a little with the first real boss battle, and in Disgaea 5 I think I'm making my way towards either the climax of the main story or the halfway point. Hard to tell! Both games are lots of fun, though. Having never played any other games in either series, I have been positively surprised by what they have to offer.

Walder
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Postby Walder » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Currently replaying Red Dead Redemption 2, a game I think about constantly. I've also started OMORI, which was a game I almost gave up on being released considering the trailer was 6 years ago. Regardless they really made good use of that time and everything's delightfully crafted so far, be it the lovely surreal graphics or the soundtrack and the characters I really didn't expect to have so much personality. Here's to hoping the quality shall be consistent.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Here's what I'm playing right about now, Enjl!
  • Brave Battle Saga: Legend of the Magic Warrior (Tai Kong Zhan Shi)
  • Canon: Legend of the New Gods (Feng Shen Ying Jie Chuan)
  • Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
  • Dragalia Lost
  • Pokémon Sword
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Magic Girl (Xiao Monv)

So yeah!

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: A beginner Mario-level modder that also uses SMBX.
Pronouns: He/him/

Postby Lucario » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Me? Brawl Stars, Pokémon Gens 3 to 7 (I have emulators and I know how to use they), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Just Dance (1 to 2021) because I'm becoming a couch potato and I don't like being that

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:16 am

Lucario wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:30 pm
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Good luck with your playthrough of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door kid! If you want, I'll give you some very handy tips I used Every time I play TTYD. Since I am a Paper Mario master. ^-^"

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:22 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:16 am
Lucario wrote:
Good luck with your playthrough of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door kid! If you want, I'll give you some very handy tips I used Every time I play TTYD. Since I am a Paper Mario master. ^-^"
No need, I already 100% the game once (If I well remember). I'm doing a Any% run :D (not a speedrun) where I glitch to get anything early (stuck on Prologue, GOOMFREY DOESN'T LEAVE HIS CIRCLE AND GO TO MERLON'S DOOR SO HE PUSHES ME BACK AFTER ENTERING THE DOOR :x )

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:16 am
Lucario wrote:
Also, unlike a lot of Paper Mario fans, I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE IN SUPER PAPER MARIO! I 100% the game TWICE and may do it again!

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:11 am

Lucario wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:23 am
Okay then, congrats on that.

AlanLive2020
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby AlanLive2020 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:18 am

Mario games on emulators of course lol. I've been playing them nonstop

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Oshi » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:33 pm

I have always neglected to play Terraria, but after getting it last Christmas I can't believe what I was missing out on. The game is not very nice towards new players though, especially when you hit Hardmode and you get cucked by the pirates or one of the mechanical bosses. Learning the hard way is how you get good I guess...

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Oshi wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:33 pm
I have always neglected to play Terraria, but after getting it last Christmas I can't believe what I was missing out on. The game is not very nice towards new players though, especially when you hit Hardmode and you get cucked by the pirates or one of the mechanical bosses. Learning the hard way is how you get good I guess...
Well, the first 2 sentences seems a bit "Offensive" to those SMBX who'd got the hang of playing Terraria.... Were you hoping for it to have a more forgiving learning & difficulty curve? :\

Well as for me, I'm planning on playing the Nintendo Switch port of SNK's Samurai Shodown Neo Geo collection later today. Because I love fighting games that are SNK hard!

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Oshi » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:57 pm
Were you hoping for it to have a more forgiving learning & difficulty curve? :\
The curve wasn't too bad but I guess Hardmode kinda threw me off guard, especially considering I was handling it pretty well until the pirates. I did expect the game to ramp up the difficulty quite a lot though, but maybe I pressed my luck too hard? Either way, I definitely had a learning experience from that particular situation. Terraria has that "get good" thing going on with it which becomes more of an issue the higher the difficulty rises. I'm no stranger to that kind of gameplay because I mean I played games like Celeste and Touhou which are worse, but this was more or less a case of misjudgment.

The Great Yoshi
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby The Great Yoshi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:19 pm

I don't play games all that much myself. I spend more time making them than playing them.

However, as far as Mario games go, I did play through Paper Mario 64 several months back, and I'm currently working through Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door again (slowly).

Others may disagree here, but personally, I find the Paper Mario games more fun than the main Mario series. They have much more developed stories and less linear worlds. The levels are also more puzzle-oriented. It's not about repeatedly jumping over obstacles and enemies and dying a hundred times in the process.

Plus, such great characters... Kooper, Bombette, Goombella, Parakarry, Lakilester, Kolorado, that feisty Yoshi kid, and all the rest. They really draw you in. And the series itself has a delightful sense of humor.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:25 pm

The Great Yoshi wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:19 pm
I don't play games all that much myself. I spend more time making them than playing them.

However, as far as Mario games go, I did play through Paper Mario 64 several months back, and I'm currently working through Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door again (slowly).

Others may disagree here, but personally, I find the Paper Mario games more fun than the main Mario series. They have much more developed stories and less linear worlds. The levels are also more puzzle-oriented. It's not about repeatedly jumping over obstacles and enemies and dying a hundred times in the process.
I agreed with you on that. And are you doing any challenging run atm?

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:48 pm

I'm doing another play-through of TLoU part 2 and recording clips. I did this earlier :^)

The Great Yoshi
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby The Great Yoshi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:25 pm
No, I've mostly been playing for what you might call creative inspiration, for a project.

Funny thing, though. I somehow glitched the interface while talking to the shopkeeper in Rogueport. I ended up with two speech balloons at the top of the screen, and the extra one stayed there, blank, even after I left the shop. It sounds similar to the Text Storage glitch.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:35 pm

The Great Yoshi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:25 pm
No, I've mostly been playing for what you might call creative inspiration, for a project.

Funny thing, though. I somehow glitched the interface while talking to the shopkeeper in Rogueport. I ended up with two speech balloons at the top of the screen, and the extra one stayed there, blank, even after I left the shop. It sounds similar to the Text Storage glitch.
NO. WAY. I'M DOING A PAPER MARIO: THOUSAND YEAR DOOR ANY% (NOT SPEEDRUN) RUN AND I CAN'T EVEN GOOMBELLA BUFFER YET! :cry:

Goomfrey is the worst Goomba ever too. :x

The Great Yoshi
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby The Great Yoshi » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:03 pm

Lucario wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:35 pm
NO. WAY. I'M DOING A PAPER MARIO: THOUSAND YEAR DOOR ANY% (NOT SPEEDRUN) RUN
Aren't there a lot of Paper Mario fans who play SMBX? Shouldn't be that much of a coincidence.

I am kind of surprised there isn't more Paper Mario stuff for SMBX, though. That was one of the first things I looked for when I found it. :mrgreen:

Lucario wrote:
Why?

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:14 am

The Great Yoshi wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:03 pm
Lucario wrote:
NO. WAY. I'M DOING A PAPER MARIO: THOUSAND YEAR DOOR ANY% (NOT SPEEDRUN) RUN
Aren't there a lot of Paper Mario fans who play SMBX? Shouldn't be that much of a coincidence.

I am kind of surprised there isn't more Paper Mario stuff for SMBX, though. That was one of the first things I looked for when I found it. :mrgreen:

Lucario wrote:
Why?
Just search Paper Mario: The Thousand Year-Door - Prologue Gate Skip on YouTube and you'll see why I hate Goomfrey now! (MOVE OUTTA THE CIRCLE, GOOMFREY)

Also, I prefer Super Paper Mario over Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year-Door. (I love both gameplay and plot!)

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards

Postby ShadowXeldron » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:37 am

Currently, I have a lot of work with college so I haven't been playing much, but I'm mostly playing Sonic Mania, in part because of the low system requirements and the act that it works flawlessly under Wine, so I can play it on my main laptop. Other than that, I recently built a new PC with an RTX 3060 Ti so I intend to buy some Ray Tracing games, but none of them seem to interest me at all as I'm not really an FPS fan.

Also, I've been "playing" Pixpet.net, which is a HTML-based virtual pet simulator and the spirital successor to DragonAdopters, which I played when I was younger. The reason I have put the gameplay stuff in speech marks is because it is currently in beta and so far only really has resource management; they are supposedly working on a new text-based RPG which I've got to say looks quite interesting and I can't wait for it to come out!

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:20 pm

I was playing Mortal Kombat II on mah portable Hyperkin SupaBoy (If y'all were wondering, it's a portable (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) created by Hyperkin.) a little while ago. And spoiler alert, I lost 2 of the 4 kontinues up to mah battle with Scorpion (Match #11) and lost the rest of them on Kintaro! And I'm playing on Very Easy* difficulty! :o

*I'd like to see y'all SMBX members actually TRY to beat MKII, 1cc, on any difficulty freaking HIGHER than Very Easy. Trust me, y'all will have a hard time, like I did. :roll:

Return to “Video Games”