Off-topic discussion.
aero
Palom
Palom

Re: Science communication

Postby aero » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:31 pm

idruinn wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:56 pm
I understand you. Unfortunately I don't know how to explain the reason for each value or meaning of each number in a way that can be understood by everyone. I can understand them but I don't know how to explain them in a purely scientific way since they are also part of the symbolic language of the universe that belongs to the right cerebral hemisphere. They must be understood as an analogy, or an allegory, of the reality that serves to find the psychological archetype of each part of creation.
I don't think you did understand, because this is what I pointing to as the problem with numerology. It is attributing meaning to numbers to make them say whatever you want. This is not scientific. It is using analogy, and allegory to construct meaning. The problem is that the meanings can - and often do - contradict, and can be applied to everything but can't explain or predict anything. Your example of 1 "meaning" unity is an example of this. The number doesn't have any particular meaning on its own. You have to assign the meaning of unity to it for any analogies or allegories to be made, otherwise you're just doing arithmetic. It's that assignment of meaning is where the issues begin, and everything derived from it is based on an arbitrary foundation. Does that make sense?

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Postby cato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:41 pm

idruinn wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:08 pm
I did not say that 9/11 was not real. I said 9/11 was a military strategy called a "false flag operation." The North American government was involved in this false flag operation. I said that the North American government killed, as a sacrifice, its own people to have an excuse to go to war with the Middle East. I said that the American government crashed two planes into the New York twin towers. I said that the North American government prepared the attack in advance and that it agreed with a terrorist organization called Al Qaeda so that this organization claimed responsibility for the attack. It later emerged that the two twin towers were shot down with explosives and not the effect of an aircraft fire.
So, the government purposely killed its own people for a publicity stunt to fight against countries in the middle east?
Please don't say any of this. 9/11 is so significant that it instilled fear and memories to its native Americans. If it was faked, then why the airport security, later on, is much more strictly improved?

Also, "North American Government"? Really? Does that mean the government of the United States of America? Or governments in the North America? Because it makes me think that you supported slavery and the South American government during the American Civil War. The United States of America is united after the civil war, and there is no reason for you to call the government as The Nouth American Government, unless you are from the south.

Also, what are you going to say? June 4th Tiananmen massacre is staged?

idruinn
Banned
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!

Postby idruinn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Yes, it makes sense. I understood you before, I just wanted to explain it a bit to show you what I meant. I know that a number by itself doesn't mean anything. But how do you explain that aspect of reality then if we cannot assing any meaning? How do we get then the hidden information inside the core of the number?

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Maybe this isn't an aspect of reality and there isn't hidden information? There's no need to say numbers have a special meaning and try to invent a narrative about reality around it. I could just as easily say the number 1 means the exact opposite of everything you said, and make completely different connections, but it wouldn't be any more or less accurate to reality than your description about unity. It would just lead to an argument that goes nowhere. With science we can independently verify experimental results, and with mathematics - not numerology - we can show our work and get the same answers.

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:16 pm

I understand that you are surprised by what I say, because if you have not assumed that governments work for banks and not for the people, then it is difficult to understand why multimillion-dollar families such as the Rockefellers, the Rothschilds, or the Morgan, to name a few examples, can care more about the economy than the human and non-human lives of planet Earth.

They, the most economically powerful banking families, create war, hunger, poverty, organ trafficking, humans, animals and drugs, social fashions, lifestyles, forms of social behavior, global disasters, etc. They form secret societies that are located at the zenith of Freemasonry. Their pleasures are having resources, killing people for fun and work, drinking the blood of terrified children (it would be the adenochrome, blood mixed with adrenaline), they like pedophilia, most of them are misogens, they are very classy, ​​they think they are superior to the rest of humanity, etc.

Anyway, they are monsters. I have had the misfortune to personally meet some of them. They are mentally ill, they are like psychopaths, they do not empathize with anyone other than their own group of sociopaths. Many are men, there are also women, but less.

Regarding your question about why they increased security at airports, it was basically to keep the population in a constant state of alarm, instilling terror in a subliminal way.

To understand it you have to think it like this: if we increase security it is because we want to make the population believe that there is a possible threat that can happen unexpectedly and this is subconsciously grasped by your subconscious mind. The subconscious mind does not make the rational discourse that the conscious mind does. The subconscious mind is highly influential at the subliminal level. And these people work at the subliminal level, that is why they can go unnoticed by the general public because the general public is unaware that they exist. Furthermore, they have already been in charge of creating subliminal propaganda to discredit these issues. They often use the argument that only a paranoid person might be able to think something like that. Have you seen how easy it is for them to go unnoticed on this planet? They have made people believe they don't exist. They are very smart.

When I said North American government, I was referring to the US government, the secret government, the FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency).

Added in 13 minutes 27 seconds:
Aero wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:04 pm
With science we can independently verify experimental results, and with mathematics - not numerology - we can show our work and get the same answers.
Yes, you are right. That is true. But where is the quantum aspect of reality? Why do the numbers exist then? Can they be associated with a color or a musical note? Why can't they have a clear concept that we can all understand?

I ask you these questions in case you have any answers. I know these are not scientific questions but if you want to try, I read you.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:01 pm

idruinn wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:30 pm
Aero wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:04 pm
With science we can independently verify experimental results, and with mathematics - not numerology - we can show our work and get the same answers.
Yes, you are right. That is true. But where is the quantum aspect of reality? Why do the numbers exist then? Can they be associated with a color or a musical note? Why can't they have a clear concept that we can all understand?

I ask you these questions in case you have any answers. I know these are not scientific questions but if you want to try, I read you.
The quantum aspect of reality can be described by science. I'm sure you've heard of quantum physics. It happens to be a subject that often gets used to push new age mysticism because of misunderstandings of the actual science. For the question on why numbers exist, there's a lot of answers that can be given but the one I would give is that humans made them up to organize information. For example if you need to keep track of the number of cattle grazing in a field people started counting and inventing number systems. Color and musical notes can be associated with numbers. All of the colors on screen are represented by numbers. For example RGB(255,0,0) would mean red because the R is at the maximum for the red value and 0 for the green and blue values. There isn't anything special about the numbers used other than that they're convenient for computers to use to represent colors. Musical instruments use measurements to produce notes and so on. Numbers are used as a description and representation, they don't actually produce color and music. There's a lot of philosophical history about if math is created or discovered. Also you seem to be getting at what is called "Qualia" which is the philosophy of subjective experience.

I'd encourage you to take a look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosoph ... jor_themes

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:38 am

Wow, thanks for your explanation, Aero. This was impressive. You have helped me a lot to understand some points about what we are talking about. I have read all the links that you have shown. They are very interesting. Thank you for taking my questions seriously and being respectful to me. I am going to watch the video.

I wish you are very well. I was delighted to learn a little more about this matter. I wish you a good day. My best wishes for you. A hug brother.

KlickyMario321+
Bit
Bit
Flair: Everyone's Favorite Playmobil Fan
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Why is flash ending!

Postby KlickyMario321+ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Wait! If they end Flash, how is Sploder gonna work then? (Yes, I do use that website.)

KlickyMario321+
Bit
Bit
Flair: Everyone's Favorite Playmobil Fan
Pronouns: they/them

Re: R.I.P. Microsoft Paint

Postby KlickyMario321+ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Actually, guys. I saw it on the Microsoft website that Paint isn't actually going to the Microsoft Store. They even removed the Product Warning icon to prove it.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: R.I.P. Microsoft Paint

Postby Emral » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:35 pm

KlickyMario321+ wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm
Actually, guys. I saw it on the Microsoft website that Paint isn't actually going to the Microsoft Store. They even removed the Product Warning icon to prove it.
I'm surprised you even managed to somehow find this ancient thread.

Since hindsight is 2020, here's the current state of things:
- paint is no longer in active development but is still on current versions of windows 10
- paint3d is as useful as paint for 2d drawing, and has some neat doohickies on top of it. it's really more of a direct upgrade than a new thing.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am

KlickyMario321+ wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Wait! If they end Flash, how is Sploder gonna work then? (Yes, I do use that website.)
I'm guessing it'll work with HTML5 instead

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 pm

How will Super Smash Flash 2 continue (I really enjoy that game)

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 pm
How will Super Smash Flash 2 continue
I guess as a HTML game. Which means it has to be renamed "Super Smash HTML" or something

Marioman2007
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Dr. Bones

Postby Marioman2007 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:04 am

No, you can play it by downloading it, I just downloaded it this month

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
i think they would not rename it flash 2 to html2. they could rename it as super smash: Do smash

aero
Palom
Palom

Re: What browser are you using

Postby aero » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Bumping this because of some bad news: https://www.ghacks.net/2020/09/20/umatr ... has-ended/

I've been able to get rid of all my extensions except uBO and uMatrix for a while, and I kept uMatrix because of the UI being better imo compared to uBO hard mode. I'm hoping uBO has a UI update to look more like uMatrix did.

Marioman2007
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Dr. Bones

Postby Marioman2007 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:46 am

I like google chrome

SimmondsSuperSponge
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: SMWC to SMBX (MyGFXPack)

Postby SimmondsSuperSponge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:37 pm

Google Chrome

aero
Palom
Palom

Terminals and the command line

Postby aero » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:58 am

So I brought up a general feeling of ambivalence to terminals and terminal applications in codehaus a few days ago and wanted to make a thread for it. Stuff like accessibility and messing up important files was mentioned as barriers for use, but for people where it's purely preference; an ambivalence toward terminals remains. There's a common line for people that don't want to use Linux distros that "you have to open a terminal all the time" when it's just not the case. In my experience, I haven't needed to open a terminal unless I wanted to but it seems like others would never want to. I like being able to check system resources, play music, watch YouTube videos, check the weather, write text files, and so on without needing to enter a graphical interface. People encounter command lines in other contexts such as chat in games and messenger clients, but the context from the terminal environment to those other environments changes attitudes.

What I really want to know is what do you all think of terminals, what can be done to improve accessibility, and put terminals into a less intimidating context?

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards

Re: Terminals and the command line

Postby ShadowXeldron » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:34 am

I use them, actually. Partly because my first Linux experience was the Raspberry Pi. Although I never use chmod for whatever reason - I just enable it via the GUI.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: Terminals and the command line

Postby Emral » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:50 am

The act of navigating to the target directory, and the act of typing out the same common command across multiple sessions are my biggest sources of tediousness with using command lines. I tend to write batch scripts to avoid having to open a command line.

Return to “Sandbox”