(Demo 4.2 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation
Pronouns: he/him

Re: (Demo 4 in development!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Ok, so. Since it's been almost a year since Demo 4 started production, a lot of stuff has changed, especially on the map, and new map is in works, so it won't be possible to use saves from previous demos, I'm sorry.

For the image you showed for a glitch: Please use another image site like Imgur. I cannot open the image you sent.

Hmm... It says VB error, so this is not an issue I can fix, sadly. This is a vanilla game problem, aka Redigit jank. Make sure to not die to poison during this fight.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:00 pm

1. Well, shit. Might as well just make a new episode folder for Demo 4, then. Also, since I knew something like that would happen, might as well just remake the map in smwMap for the full release, since that will be having a seperate save file anyway.
3.3. Well, this is annoying. Because dying to poison crashes the game, forcing me to reopen it, and reopening the game resets checkpoint data, meaning that I must replay the stage all over again just for another chance.
3.2. Here you go:
If you still can't see it, basically, in Mushroom Heights, near the P-Switch, there is a floating mushroom stem.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:46 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:00 pm
1. Well, shit. Might as well just make a new episode folder for Demo 4, then. Also, since I knew something like that would happen, might as well just remake the map in smwMap for the full release, since that will be having a seperate save file anyway.
3.3. Well, this is annoying. Because dying to poison crashes the game, forcing me to reopen it, and reopening the game resets checkpoint data, meaning that I must replay the stage all over again just for another chance.
3.2. Here you go:
If you still can't see it, basically, in Mushroom Heights, near the P-Switch, there is a floating mushroom stem.
Hmm... that's not a glitch. Looks like I accidentally placed that stem lol. (I think I actually fixed that too in the recent demo too, gotta double check to make sure)

For smwMap, yes. Separate save files so yeah. (That's why I wasn't gonna redo the map in that style in the first place and nobody seems to bother anyway so...)

Also in Demo 4, I actually reworked the arena of Petey, so there won't be a major issue.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:36 pm

So how is Demo 4 going so far?
Also, you should add a skip button for the intro, since I already knew what the story is about.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:16 pm

Also, did the Demo 3 download already include Patch 1, or do I have to patch it myself?

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:57 pm

lan vuhoang wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:16 pm
Also, did the Demo 3 download already include Patch 1, or do I have to patch it myself?
No, you need to add that patch by yourself.
lan vuhoang wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:36 pm
So how is Demo 4 going so far?
Also, you should add a skip button for the intro, since I already knew what the story is about.
Demo 4 is going fine. The progress is halted for a while to work on the final update for an already-released minisode of mine, afterwards progress will resume. I have high hopes for an early 2022 release btw. (There are a few levels left to be done, small boss reworks and additions and such remain only before a release)

Also, for the cutscene skip thing... I'll make the demo start from a file select-esque stage where there will be two pipes: One will lead to the intro. Other will skip it to lead you to Training Grounds. So don't you worry about that.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:59 am

Suckerman7 GM wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:57 pm
Also, for the cutscene skip thing... I'll make the demo start from a file select-esque stage where there will be two pipes: One will lead to the intro. Other will skip it to lead you to Training Grounds. So don't you worry about that.
Well, you should also add a way to rewatch the intro, since players may accidentally use the "Skip Intro" pipe instead of going to the "Watch Intro" pipe, or maybe skipped the intro for a quicker start, but later changed their minds, or want to keep up with the story later.

Marioman2007
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Dr. Bones
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Marioman2007 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:47 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:59 am
Suckerman7 GM wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:57 pm
Well, you should also add a way to rewatch the intro, since players may accidentally use the "Skip Intro" pipe instead of going to the "Watch Intro" pipe, or maybe skipped the intro for a quicker start, but later changed their minds, or want to keep up with the story later.
well uh, an intro is not an "intro" if it begins mid-game.

Also, can you stop making rude posts and then deleting them??

I've seen you doing this two times.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:40 am

marioman2007 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:47 am
Also, can you stop making rude posts and then deleting them??

I've seen you doing this two times.
I was just joking about how it was 2022 and Demo 4 was still in development, even though it started development in early 2021.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:21 am

Development takes time, even if it’s a demo that’s being worked on for a year by now.
Considering most people also do these projects as a hobby, plus people also doing real life stuff and iirc the team isn’t really big atm and more of a small team.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:49 am

UPDATE NEWS: (06/01/2022)

First news update of 2022, yay! So, why now? Well, I'm here to tell you that the littledialogue rearrangements are officially completed! Which adds more progress done before the release of long-awaited Demo 4!

Here are the things left before the release:

- A couple of town levels and extra level entrance conditions (Also requires some SaveData experimentation to be done...)
- 6 extra levels to be done (1 was in progress by me, 1 is in progress by another level designer so far)
- The new worldmap
- Implementation of 2 bosses (there are 2 more, but there are placeholders for them, so full release will be likely where the actual bosses will be integrated properly)
- And a few other minor changes that do not need to be mentioned in detail!

So, stay tuned for the release! (I cannot say the planned/certain release date yet, but I hope to release it around Q1 2022)

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:00 am

UPDATE NEWS: (14/01/2022)

Another day, another news update for this project! Well, what happened, you may ask? Let me tell you:

- The new worldmap redesign has been completed, and implemented into the episode!

- 8 of the 12 extra levels are completed! (Although the accessibility of most are yet to be integrated, which is WIP)

- Two town levels are completed today: One from World 1 and one from World 3! (That makes 3 town levels left to finish and implement into the game)

That's all for today! When I have more news to report, you know where to look at!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:49 am

UPDATE NEWS: (16/01/2022)

What? A news update in two days? That was fast, but glad to do it!

So, all town levels are completed in terms of layouts and general content within each. But I'll be sure to revisit each one, and add post-world content to all! (New interactions and of course, the extra level entrances from certain NPCs!) (This also applies to Warp Outpost, with Star Prisms appearing there after you complete a world too!)

Apart from this, there is also one remaining cutscene left to do: One for early World 5, leading to the first fight against The Gloryseeking Mercenary! If his sprites aren't fully done by the end of February, I'm afraid I have to postpone the fight for this demo. It will be in the full release. (Same applies to Aranha's fight)

Well, it's all for today! I have great hopes to release this next demo without any bugs and issues remaining! I hope I'll manage to release it around Q1 2022! (Because if I can, the full release is likely will also come around 2022 as well! (Don't take my word of it, anything can happen to change this)

Have a great time!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:54 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 pm
...And then there wouldn't be a news update until June.

You know what, screw this. I am seriously done with you, dude.

I warned you time and time again to not post stuff like this, yet you still are doing the same.

Looks like you don't have something, called patience. Like, do you seriously expect me to work on this project 24/7? I have a life, for crying out loud. I have exams, I need to study to my lessons, I need to spend time with my family... I need to sleep and take care of myself... If you seriously think I can sacrifice all these just for a demo, then keep on dreaming, bud.

And this will be the last time I will post a reply in this thread, until the demo is released. (Let this be a punishment to you)

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 pm

Do you have an ETA for Demo 4?

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:11 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 pm
Do you have an ETA for Demo 4?
I said this in a previous post, there isn't an exact day or month... but I hope to release it around Q1 2022... (Around February-March) Of course, it depends on the remaining stuff in progress to be complete (ofc not everything is likely gonna be added to Demo 4... (Some content may be delayed, like some bosses may not be implemented yet and you'll get the stars at the end and such... or some extra levels may not be finished in time too...)

I mean, with all these aside, it's still a demo, it's meant to be not fully finished anyway... But all these unfinished/delayed content will be in the full release, that's my promise. (Or maybe a small update if done after release)

Regardless, around February-March 2022 is my planned release date for Demo 4... (I know it's been a whole year, but please take account of college, exams and other irl stuff in between and which these factors made me unable to do a lot of progress around late 2022 as well...)

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:49 am

UPDATE NEWS: (04/03/2022)

It's been a while since I updated the thread, so here I am, again! The progress on Star Prisms' fourth and final demo is going steady! The levels are receiving new structures known as endsections, (Concept inspired by Zlaker's Level Collection) which are done as small tidbits to connect levels to each other!

Progress on custom bosses will start in the later days, as two of them have sprites ready, but will be coded to become fightable in the future. Depending on the estimated release date, some content planned for Demo 4 may be cut and delayed to the full release if things don't go as intended, so let me remind that. (Content like unfinished extra levels and planned custom bosses)

EDIT: Due to a certain someone, the release date for Demo 4 is no longer estimated, I will release it whenever I think it's ready. Now stop asking me when I will release Demo 4.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 4 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:13 pm

Hey everyone! It's been quite long since I posted on the thread, but actually, I was indeed working on the demo's last touches as I promised! And today, demo 4 of SMATSP is FINALLY OUT!!!

I thank everyone who patiently waited for the demo to come out, and people who contributed to the project, whether physically or as mental support, I thank you for supporting this project ever since it started development on August 2020!

Here's the link of the demo. It includes first 6 worlds, mostly completed apart from a few bosses and some extras delayed for the full release!
If you are interested, you can also watch the trailer made by Starshi! This trailer features some of the new content teased for the demo!

As always, thank you for waiting patiently! And I hope you enjoy the demo! Peace!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 4.1 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:27 pm

Hey everyone! It's been a few days, but a new patch for Demo 4 will be released today! It brings a good amount of changes which were previously delayed and recently planned as well as often requested for QoL!

Here are the changes listed below:
Spoiler: show
- Updated some sprites for littledialogue.lua.
- A lot of stuff have been resprited: King Bob-Omb, Thunderbird, Scuttlebugs in Rakna's Lair, Aqueous Waterworks tileset, Submerged Stronghold tileset and Star of Seven Seas!
- Some levels have received better background updates: Intro, Cutscene - World 2 Completed, Colossal Canyon, Thunder Dune Mountain, Thunder Dune Camp, Dryrock River Assault and Icetop Mountains!
- Fixed the checkpoint menu issue in SMWMap.
- Added three new scripts: Anotherwalljump.lua, (by Enjl) Groundpound.lua (by Marioman2007) and PowerStarEXT.lua! (by KBM-Quine)
- A star checklist has been added to the SMWMap, to keep an easier check on collectible power stars! (Credit to Marioman2007 for making this)
- Fixed some issues with new Spear Guys.
And here's the download: Enjoy the new patch! There will be more patches coming depending on if more bugs are reported...

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 4.1 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:57 pm

Hey everyone! A quick hotfix for Demo 4.1 just dropped, fixing some issues found after the release of the patch.

Here's the download link:
Any future bug reports will be accepted and fixed for Patch 2 and onwards.

Return to “Projects”