(Demo 4.2 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation
Pronouns: he/him

Re: (Demo 4.1 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:18 am

UPDATE NEWS: (29/10/2022)

Updated the hotfix today! It adds a fix to Mirage Oasis, where I forgot a duplicate power star in.

Abashi76
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Abashi76 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:21 pm

Do you have a release date? I'm looking forward to this.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:23 am

Abashi76 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:21 pm
Do you have a release date? I'm looking forward to this.
I cannot give a date for the full release, I'm afraid.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 4.2 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 am

Hey everyone! It's been a few weeks and it's about time for another patch! Patch 2 of Demo 4 is now out! It fixes a bunch of bugs and gets rid of Antizip.lua, unfortunately.

Here's the download:
Please, carry your save file from past versions to this one. DO NOT drag and drop the new files from here to the SMATSP folder you have! Otherwise, you will encounter more issues like missing scripts and so on. (4.0 saves are no longer compatible, but 4.1 ones still are)

EDIT: Here's an additional download link for LittleDialogue.lua included here! (For some reason, the script broke but replacing it fixed the problem. If you guys cannot bother downloading, then download this file:

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:04 am

Feels so good after so long since I check in, because Demo 4 is FINALLY out! 🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺Also, do you have any plans for a Demo 5 or beyond? Or is the next version just gonna be release?

Also, you may want to check your project with future SMBX2 versions. I would be bummed if the release version crashes or didn't work properly on SMBX2 Release because it's still being developed on Beta 4.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:04 am
Feels so good after so long since I check in, because Demo 4 is FINALLY out! 🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺Also, do you have any plans for a Demo 5 or beyond? Or is the next version just gonna be release?

Also, you may want to check your project with future SMBX2 versions. I would be bummed if the release version crashes or didn't work properly on SMBX2 Release because it's still being developed on Beta 4.
Demo 4 is the last demo. The next big update is gonna be the full release, covering the last 3 worlds.

Also this episode won't be stuck with Beta 4. Whenever new updates to X2 come out, the episode will be updated to the recent beta.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:51 am

Oh yeah, played through Demo 4 for a bit and have a few thoughts on it:

1. Switching to smwMap was a great idea, because not only did the map look even nicer than it was in Demo 3, but thanks god checkpoints are now saved to your save file now, Because sure, falling in the poison water in the Petey Piranha fight still crashes the game, but man, it just feel so much more forgiving now that I could just continue from the checkpoint in the boss preparation room instead of having to do the whole level, and it also helps with backtracking to collect missing stars. Although it would be nice if the checkpoints are labeled instead of just being called "Checkpoint 1", "Checkpoint 2", etc... But I guess it'll have to wait until the next version of smwMap because I looked in the smwMap readme and there doesn't appear to be a checkpoint labeling function.

2. The custom pause menu is nice and clean, and the pause screen music is catchy, but it does leads to some intentional hilarity when I just finished rewatching the intro cutscene, then "panic music" started to play when Bowser's attack is being annouced, and then I pause the game and the music changes to the chill "game paused" theme. Also, there appears to be a conflict with smwMap, because pausing caused the music to be gone until I enter a level.

3. Maybe the paths in the stages containing bosses would only open if you take the "main" path and defeat a boss. Because my first star in the Infested Forest was the secret star unlocked for beating the timed challenge, and it opened the path to the cutscene and Yoshi Village like if you get the star for beating Petey Piranha, which I assume was the star you're meant to get first in that level. The Yoshis said that I cleared out the Piranha Plant infection... even though I haven't beaten Petey Piranha yet!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:46 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:51 am
Oh yeah, played through Demo 4 for a bit and have a few thoughts on it:

1. Switching to smwMap was a great idea, because not only did the map look even nicer than it was in Demo 3, but thanks god checkpoints are now saved to your save file now, Because sure, falling in the poison water in the Petey Piranha fight still crashes the game, but man, it just feel so much more forgiving now that I could just continue from the checkpoint in the boss preparation room instead of having to do the whole level, and it also helps with backtracking to collect missing stars. Although it would be nice if the checkpoints are labeled instead of just being called "Checkpoint 1", "Checkpoint 2", etc... But I guess it'll have to wait until the next version of smwMap because I looked in the smwMap readme and there doesn't appear to be a checkpoint labeling function.

2. The custom pause menu is nice and clean, and the pause screen music is catchy, but it does leads to some intentional hilarity when I just finished rewatching the intro cutscene, then "panic music" started to play when Bowser's attack is being annouced, and then I pause the game and the music changes to the chill "game paused" theme. Also, there appears to be a conflict with smwMap, because pausing caused the music to be gone until I enter a level.

3. Maybe the paths in the stages containing bosses would only open if you take the "main" path and defeat a boss. Because my first star in the Infested Forest was the secret star unlocked for beating the timed challenge, and it opened the path to the cutscene and Yoshi Village like if you get the star for beating Petey Piranha, which I assume was the star you're meant to get first in that level. The Yoshis said that I cleared out the Piranha Plant infection... even though I haven't beaten Petey Piranha yet!
Thanks for your criticism so far! I'll just elaborate on these:

For the first one: I sadly do not know what exactly causes the crash about Petey. In any case: Every boss in the demo so far (except for Reznor, Hiyoihoi, Boohemoth and King Boo) will most likely to be reworked in the full release. (Because I have hired a new guy who specializes in making great bosses) So, not only the Petey fight will be changed, the crash will definitely not gonna happen. About the checkpoint renaming... That's something with the script itself and it should be suggested to DoubleA instead of me.

For the second one: The first thing doesn't seem a serious thing lol. The cutscene levels will be revamped whenever a good cutscene script comes out. About the map pause thing: Marioman is aware of the bug but he couldn't fix it yet. Or he did, and I don't remember.

For the third one: The star mission system will also be revamped from ground-up in the full release. Not only the boss battle against Petey Piranha will be the main mission for Infested Forest; The secret stars will not end the level when collected and there will be a way to exit the level when they are collected. (I'll likely not gonna make the player backtrack.)

Also, you can join Prismverse Server if you wanna report more bugs! (Because I do not check the forums often unless someone tells me something's up) Thanks for these reports!

BrosRoad
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: He,Him

Postby BrosRoad » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:43 pm

I am currently making Toad House Bonus Games, there will be a full pack that your team can use. That way there will be even more fun. Hope you enjoy these that are coming in just a few days.

BrosRoad
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: He,Him

Postby BrosRoad » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:53 pm

Here is a toad house I made that could be in your game as a bonus challenge. Test it to see if you like it. Just put the 2 files into the game folder to work.https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&i ... _liqh0eig1
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&i ... _liqh0ehu0
Please reply back if you like them

Return to “Projects”