(Demo 4.2 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation
Pronouns: he/him

Re: (Demo 4 in development!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 am

King Mario wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:40 pm
Suckerman7 GM wrote: You can sign up as a beta tester to play the upcoming levels.
Am I still able to test the latest Demo?
You can test the latest demo. And then, you can join the server and tell me about what to fix.

King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Jesus Christ is Lord!

Postby King Mario » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Yeah,I don't think Dad wants me going on Discord. Hopefully you'll be fine if I just PM you.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:14 am

King Mario wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 pm
Yeah,I don't think Dad wants me going on Discord. Hopefully you'll be fine if I just PM you.
Whatever suits you best.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:13 pm

UPDATE NEWS: (03/04/2021)

The development of SMATSP is not dead, for the ones following it on the forums! There are more progress shown in the Discord server, but I'm doing my best to share it here as well!

Current progress is World 4 is almost complete! (Only 3 levels are left to be done) and World 5 will be also started on as well after this.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:27 am

UPDATE NEWS: (26/04/2021)

Two more screenshots added, which showcase two other World 5 levels being completed! With this, World 5 is 33% complete in terms of progression, as new levels are getting closer to be over as days pass.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun May 02, 2021 6:45 am

UPDATE NEWS: (02/05/2021)

The forum page is updated with the new logo, thanks to WellyGames15! Also credits page is updated, as well as added Bowser's final sprite and more progress is achieved!

World 5 is now 55% complete and World 6 has achieved 40% completion! (Path to demo 4 is getting closer!)

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri May 14, 2021 8:17 am

UPDATE NEWS: (14/05/2021)

Forum page has been updated to include additional credits for the music, and a code to put into your signature! You can put it in your signature to support this project, as well as letting more people know will be more support, which I appreciate a lot! Thanks for your attention!

EDIT: Added some screenshots from new World 5 and World 6 levels. World 5 is at 66% progress and World 6 is at 75% progress. Making SMATSP's total progress 60%.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:12 pm

UPDATE NEWS: (17/06/2021)

The final stage of World 6 has been officially completed! With this, World 6 has achieved 100% completion! (World 5's last remaining level is almost completed, so with this, the main goal of Demo 4 has been reached!)

The remaining stuff before Demo 4's release are: Revamps of some levels, Beta Road additions, and a couple of extra surprises! Stay tuned for more news!

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Wow, I'm excited for the release!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:16 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:40 pm
Wow, I'm excited for the release!
Glad to hear it! :)

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:08 pm

I feel like this episode now has enough content to have a 4th demo, so could you release it now?

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:08 pm
I feel like this episode now has enough content to have a 4th demo, so could you release it now?
The demo is almost complete. We're going through final testing phase as we're checking out to make sure if there are any bugs/softlocks are left to fix and one of our coders isn't still finished with the script for a healthbar system.

Other than that, our job is mainly done, but we won't release it until all potential bugs are released and such.

georgespezi12
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby georgespezi12 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:17 am

those people

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:54 am

UPDATE NEWS: (06/09/2021)

I didn't make any updates here for a while, didn't I? Ok, so here I go.

The levels for Beta Road are also completed today! Only extra levels remain, and with a few small bug fixes, as well as other script additions (and hopefully usable sprites), Demo 4 should be ready for release! (Current progress is around 90-95% for this demo)

But until then, I'll be releasing an update to an episode I released here before soon, so stay tuned for that!

Suckerman out.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:41 am

UPDATE NEWS: (26/10/2021)

Well, I haven't given any news on this here yet again... (I should seriously stop forgetting this...)

So, first of all. No: This project is not cancelled. The development is quite slow right now due to my second year in college started recently, so I cannot work on fixing stuff as much I used to this summer or spring.

So, what am I doing with this project? I'm basically reworking the textbox system, using littledialogue.lua, so changing each textbox takes time and effort. (95% of the levels in this demo are complete, there are only a couple of extra levels left to be done as well as town levels, so it will take quite some time to release the demo, which might even branch to early 2022 depending on what happens in the future...)

So please, be understanding about this. Me and my team are trying our best to work on the project as much as we can. But we also have lives, so don't expect us to finish episodes/demos in a month or so... (Clarifying this as a kickstarter for my projects I wanted to release for quite some time)

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:30 am

Demo 4, please???
Last edited by Julia Pseudo on Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User has been warned for this post

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:18 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:30 am
Demo 4, please???
I'll take this as a response for not reading the last reply posted in this thread. Like I said there, the demo is NOT COMPLETED YET. It's in the polishing phase, where I polish the content to make them better than they were before.

The progress on it is slow because: I have college and I'm studying for my exams at the moment. So, do not expect a release so soon, ok?

Please do not ask every so often in project thread about when an episode/demo will be released or not. Everyone has a life outside SMBX, and you should know SMBX is not a job, but a hobby.

Please be more understanding towards this issue next time.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Since you are going to redo the dialogue using littleDialogue, could the map also be converted into something like smwMap as well? And if so, will old saves be compatible, since now it is technically using a level to draw the map? If not, could a converter be made?

Also, one thing that is confusing is the Star Coins, or rather, the Star Tokens, which look simillar to them: the 3D-ish ones, called Star Coins, add to the counter on the top left, but the simillar-looking 2D-ish ones, called Star Tokens, causes a star to appear when all of them are collected, but don't add to the Star Coin counter. Could these be explained a little clearer?

Also, in Mushroom Mountains, flying up to the top and then going back down could cause some of the bouncy mushrooms to disappear, which could cause some cheap deaths.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:14 pm

lan vuhoang wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:35 pm
Since you are going to redo the dialogue using littleDialogue, could the map also be converted into something like smwMap as well? And if so, will old saves be compatible, since now it is technically using a level to draw the map? If not, could a converter be made?

Also, one thing that is confusing is the Star Coins, or rather, the Star Tokens, which look simillar to them: the 3D-ish ones, called Star Coins, add to the counter on the top left, but the simillar-looking 2D-ish ones, called Star Tokens, causes a star to appear when all of them are collected, but don't add to the Star Coin counter. Could these be explained a little clearer?

Also, in Mushroom Mountains, flying up to the top and then going back down could cause some of the bouncy mushrooms to disappear, which could cause some cheap deaths.
Thanks for telling me something other than asking for a demo. I'll be happy to reply these questions for you:

- Star Prisms' worldmap will not be designed in SMWMap for Demo 4. (Maybe during production of the full release, I'll consider it but for now, the answer is no.)

- In Demo 4, Star Tokens' colours are changed from yellow to gray, to distinguish them more. (Also Star Tokens only appear in a limited amount of levels, while Star Coins appear in all levels.)

- For the last one, can you send a screenshot or a video footage of what you encountered? I never encountered that bug before, and I assume it's just result of vanilla spawnzone jank, mainly on Redigit's end while coding SMBX.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:30 pm

Suckerman7 GM wrote:
lan vuhoang wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Thanks for telling me something other than asking for a demo. I'll be happy to reply these questions for you:

- Star Prisms' worldmap will not be designed in SMWMap for Demo 4. (Maybe during production of the full release, I'll consider it but for now, the answer is no.)

- In Demo 4, Star Tokens' colours are changed from yellow to gray, to distinguish them more. (Also Star Tokens only appear in a limited amount of levels, while Star Coins appear in all levels.)

- For the last one, can you send a screenshot or a video footage of what you encountered? I never encountered that bug before, and I assume it's just result of vanilla spawnzone jank, mainly on Redigit's end while coding SMBX.
1. Then could my Demo 3 save be transfered over to Demo 4? I really don't want to spawn in a out-of-bounds location due to the map coordinates getting changed between versions.
3. Couldn't replicate the glitch, but I could remember that spawnzone jank killing me once, due to not activating the raccoon glide in time. At least this give me an excuse to replay the level to get the 5 Star Coins that I missed last time.
Also, I found another "glitch":

Also, dying to the poison in the Petey Piranha fight crashes the game with an error log, but Ctrl+C doesn't seem to work to copy the log.

Edit: So this time, I managed to copy the crash log. Here you go:
Spoiler: show
== Crash Summary ==
LunaLua Version: LUNALUA f2e4725
Exception Code: 0xc000008f (VB Error)
VB6 Error Code: 9 (Subscript out of range)

== Stack Trace ==
0: 68448546 (MSVBVM60): _vbaStrI4
1: 00A13A19 (smbx): InitNPC_orAnimFrame
2: 008CA385 (smbx): levelLoop
3: 008C224A (smbx): Sub_Main
4: 68440145 (MSVBVM60): EbLoadRunTime
5: 6843E4C8 (MSVBVM60): EbSetContextWorkerThread
6: 68430FA7 (MSVBVM60): EbLibraryLoad
7: 6843ADE6 (MSVBVM60): ThunRTMain
8: 6843ACEC (MSVBVM60): ThunRTMain
9: 0040BDE2 (smbx): start
10: 77997A9E (ntdll): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
11: 77997A6E (ntdll): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

== Reporting ==
If you like to help us finding the error then please post this log at:
* http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/ or
* http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... m.php?f=35 or
* http://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewforum.php?f=36
Last edited by lan vuhoang on Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Projects”