(Demo 4.2 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation
Pronouns: he/him

(Demo 4.2 is OUT!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:59 am

Logo made by ElectroSpriteMaker

Welcome everybody, to the official thread of my SMBX project: Super Mario & the Star Prisms! This project is heavily inspired by various fangames such as Power Star Frenzy and Super Mario: All-Star Attack, as well as gameplay of 3D Mario games! Now without further ado, let's begin to talk about the project:

GENERAL INFO:

- Super Mario & the Star Prisms is a project made in SMBX 2.0. This project is a spiritual remake to an older project I was working on during 2015, which was never finished. But by being more knowledged as well as having supportive people by my side, I decided to revive the project in a wonderful pace! This project contains levels around certain gimmicks, and unique path divisions to take, which contain unique missions that reward the player with Power Stars! To progress to later worlds, the Star Prism of an accessible world must be collected as well as gathering a portion of Power Stars available to collect. To access the final level of the episode, all 8 Star Prisms have to be collected as well as gathering 60% of the total power star count.

- This project will contain 8 worlds that will contain around 8-9 levels, thus the total is now around 72 levels. But of course, this project will not be a solo project; I will be looking for some level designers, beta testers, spriters for certain stuff I might need it done and of course, a logo designer!

- But the game will not end at defeating the final boss! There are going to be post-game content, like stages that are scrapped from the story but will return as individual stages, a boss rush and even 100 Pit of Trials-styled level planned! (Of course at the end of each demo, there will be some teasers of future levels which will only contain 1 star each, as they will be WIP)

STORY:

Mushroom World is in great danger again! Bowser has teamed up with a mysterious hooded woman, and together, they plotted to snatch ancient artifacts known as Star Prisms! These artifacts are capable of many things, but their main purpose is to open the Prismatic Gate, which acts as a barrier in between the world we know and a realm of chaos! If opened, not just the Mushroom World, but the entire universe will be shrouded within this realm of chaos! Now, it is up to our heroic brothers, alongside a new face joining them, to stop the evil Koopa King and his shady ally to use the stars for their malicious intents!

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS:

There are going to be 2 playable characters.

- Mario
- Luigi

MAIN ANTAGONISTS:

Here are the brief summaries of main antagonists that will be in this project:

BOWSER, KING OF THE KOOPAS:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Good old nemesis of Mario and one of the main antagonists that will be fought! Teaming up with his new ally, Bowser had ordered his elite minions to infiltrate the Stellar Altars, and stole the Star Prisms. Bowser infiltrated and took one of the Star Prisms for himself, which he will use it against Mario during his battle! But first, he has to control its power...
???, MISTRESS OF CHAOS:
Bowser's mysterious new ally, a woman whose name and appearance is unknown... But from rumours spreading among Bowser's minions, she used to be an adept mage who killed her master to learn high-level techniques, one of them being called as spirit-bending! Nobody knows too much, but it is said that she had freed one of the dark spirits who once unleashed eternal chaos onto world but sealed by a group of chosen heroes and used spirit-bending to gain control of it. But does she have full control of the spirit? Sometimes, answers for questions had to be ceased...
DAEMON, GLORYSEEKING MERCENARY:
Once a well-respected soldier among his likes, now exiled due to failing a mission. Was hired by Mistress of Chaos to get rid of Mario and his allies in case things go wrong. He is very skilled in hand-to-hand combat and can use guns! As long as he gets his money at the end, he dares to do anything!

WORLDS: (+Progress Chart)

This project will feature a worldmap, which you can unlock levels as you progress! However, to access other worlds, you need a certain amount of stars! Some levels have secret exits which lead to secret levels that also have stars! Here is the planned world list: (Also there is a progress chart of the project, you can take a look at it and claim unclaimed levels and ask questions about certain planned stuff as well)
World 1: Viridian Grasslands (Grass-themed World) (10 levels)

World 2: Dryrock Dunes (Desert-themed World) (9 levels)

World 3: Tropical Beach Island (Beach/Underwater-themed World) (8 levels)

World 4: Shivering Snowlands (Snow/Mountain-themed World) (9 levels)

World 5: Sylvan Woods (Forest/Jungle-themed World) (9 levels)

World 6: Ghastly Graveyard (Graveyard-themed World) (8 levels)

World 7: Volcanic Lavalands (Lava-themed World) (9 levels)

World 8: Nocturna Metropolis (City/Techno-themed World) (9 levels)
FINAL LEVEL - The Prism Trials: "The final level of the episode, featuring gimmicks from all 8 worlds.
TOTAL LEVEL COMPLETION: 58/72

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
PROJECT TEAM:

Like I said earlier, this project will NOT be a solo project! I'll be looking for various people to support me in this project, in terms of level design, custom sprites for some concepts, and even some Lunalua codes that would be useful! Here are the spots for each position:
LEVEL DESIGNERS:

- Suckerman7 GM (Me)
- Prism Emerald
- GDKeptr
- Aaron3B

BETA TESTERS:

- Prism Emerald
- ReintendoO
- Dragonfan96
- The Thwomp King
-

SPRITERS:

- Prism Emerald
- C.A.K.B
- SanS1m0n
- Electro

CODERS:

- MegaDood
- Marioman2007
- Lucstar

LOGO/SIGNATURE DESIGNER

- Electro

SCREENSHOTS:

Here are some screenshots of the levels that will appear in this project: (changed all screenshots to Discord attachments, will upload them here eventually)
VIRIDIAN GRASSLANDS:

DRYROCK DUNES:

TROPICAL BEACH ISLAND:

SHIVERING SNOWLANDS:

SYLVAN WOODS:

GHASTLY GRAVEYARD:

VOLCANIC LAVALANDS:

NOCTURNA METROPOLIS

THE PRISM TRIALS: (Spoiler Alert)
(WIP)
OTHER SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNIMOT ... share_link (Updated to Demo 4.2)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bSOHMm ... share_link (Updated littledialogue.lua, needed to fix the question functions)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yomnKD ... share_link (Hotfix, outdated as it is included in the recent patch)

DISCORD SERVER LINK:

This project will have a Discord server for easy communication! All the team members and even non-team people can join and watch the progress from there if you don't look at forums too much. (Of course there will be progress measures in here for people that doesn't have Discord too, you guys are not forgotten! :D )
CREDITS:

GRAPHICS:
- Squishy Rex's Asset Collection (Majority of assets)
- Hani (Making the great-looking SMB3 hills)
- Sednaiur (Making extended versions of SMB1-3 and SMW graphics)
- LegendTony
- Shikaternia (From his MFGG graphics and TLTimeLord for ripping them)
- MegaDood, Marioman2007 and a few other people (The graphics they imported from many MFGG graphic makers)
SCRIPTS/LUA CODES:
- KBM-Quine (Another Powerdown Library and helping me to expand on achievements!)
- IAmPlayer (Icicles and Convenient Firebars)
- MrDoubleA (Rooms, Warptransition and custom NPCs; also helping me to set up achievement system)
- Hatsune Blake (Inspiration from his minisode's achievements as the base achievements, as well as moral support!)
- Core (Celeste Bubbles)
- Chilly14 (Lightning and custom NPCs)
- GeorgiUpceWow (Custom Signs)
- Marioman2007 (Shop, SMG-styled healthbar and adjusting the TextPlus font)
- Lusho (SMB3 Cannons and Inventory)
- Enjl (Urchins, Spawnzones, Area Names)
MUSIC:
- Nintendo (For a majority of the OSTs)
- OC Remix (For storing a great amount of epic remixes of video game music! To credit a few: RebeccaETripp, Palpable, Zircon, McVaff etc.)
- Newgrounds Audio Portal (For storing a great amount of original music and video game music remixes! To credit a few: Ironclover, KgZ, snayk, SoulburnLV etc.)
- Super O' Brothers (For the idyllic and ambient covers of various Mario music!)
- The Noble Demon (For his cover of PM's Crystal Palace Crawl)
- Game & Sound (For their cover of SMG's Ghostly Galaxy)
- Gametal (For his epic cover of SPM's The Ultimate Show)
- E-Tank and Synthescissor (For their great Mega Man remixes!)
- Scott Lloyd Shelly, Jeff Broadbent, Jonathan van den Wijngaarden & James Hannigan (For Terraria and Terraria: Otherworld soundtrack)
AND MORE!
SIGNATURE:

Put this in your signature to show your support to my project, also me, my team and Prismverse in general:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=26122][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/838361487075966976/838361524980023317/smatsp_logo.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Suckerman7 GM on Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 176 times in total.

DarkFluo74
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: Everything is vine

Re: Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby DarkFluo74 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:39 am

That looks great ! The levels are very nice, the story's awesome, I'll be following the progress of this episode, this looks great ! Also if you need beta-testers, I can help you !

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 am

DarkFluo74 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:39 am
That looks great ! The levels are very nice, the story's awesome, I'll be following the progress of this episode, this looks great ! Also if you need beta-testers, I can help you !
Thanks for the reply! Beta testers are always welcome here. If you have a Discord, you can join the project server and you'll be given a role for beta testing. Welcome to the team, friend!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:50 am

Edit to the recent post: (News about the project)

Since there weren't much votes were done, I have decided to release the first demo after I finish my own levels for World 1. (Which will contain 9 levels and a worldmap hopefully)

Also, still looking for team members for extra help! Either PM me through the forums or join the project's Discord server to get whichever role you want. I'll be waiting! :D

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:15 pm

UPDATE NEWS: (15/08/2020)

The first demo of this project is finally out! The download link is posted in the thread, also posted in the Discord server of this project! Have fun! :D

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:29 pm

UPDATE NEWS: (31/10/2020)

There hasn't been much progress shared in the forums thread, due to the Discord Server being the main base for progress. Further progress will be posted there from now on.

Also, new people have joined the team! You can join by DM'ing me in Discord.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:06 am

UPDATE NEWS: (09/11/2020)

The release of Demo 2 is coming soon! Only a few levels are left before the release. It will feature the entirety of World 1 and a post-game area which will be accessible after collecting all stars in World 1 and Mushroom Kingdom. Stay tuned for the future news as always!

Like I said before, I will only update this thread for progress chart and new replies. Further screenshots and news will be in Star Prisms Discord Server. Join there to be notified of latest news!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 2 is out!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:36 am

UPDATE NEWS: (12/11/2020)

The second demo of Star Prisms has been released! You can download it from here, or this project's Discord server! Have fun, and if you encounter any problems, you can discuss about them. I will release small patches depending on problems and small additions that I planned to add to the demo but couldn't.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:59 am

UPDATE NEWS: (19/11/2020)

Adjusted the forum page by changing screenshots and images to Discord attachments! Now it should look more lively and much better! From now on, I will showcase 5 levels from each World and 10 screenshots from other areas!

Also, a small patch to Demo 2 is in progress, some levels got minor changes and all music ingame are now .ogg instead of .mp3 files. A new cutscene level will be added as well, featuring the main antagonists in action!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:39 am

UPDATE NEWS: (28/11/2020)

The development on Demo 3 will begin in 5 days! So, there's an announcement about urgent jobs!

There's an urgent need of coders and spriters right now. Because we will have a bunch of custom bosses who need function with codes and sadly, I'm not that adept at coding! :( So, if you can code/sprite well and if you are not busy with a contest, a project or real life business, contact me in Discord so I'll add you in.

Also, one of our level designers is inactive for a long time. So, if you can design non-linear levels pretty well, (Themed around exploration and backtracking) contact me on Discord. This applies for beta-testing, we need one more beta tester as more testing means more progress and feedback.

Thanks for your attention, and see you when development for Demo 3 begins!

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:55 pm

I won't fill your level designer vacancy but I'm curious about who you mean :P

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:55 pm
I won't fill your level designer vacancy but I'm curious about who you mean :P
KlickyMario.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:19 am

UPDATE NEWS: (04/12/2020)

Hello! We have an important announcement! The development of Star Prisms' third demo has officially begun today!

The goal of third demo is to include first 4 worlds of this project. If we have extra time before the planned release date, we will also include World 5, and even World 6 as well, leaving last 3 worlds to the last demo/full game.

Like I always mention, if you want to follow the progress of this project as a whole instead of small updates in here, join Star Prisms Discord server! Our level designers share a lot of progress and ideas that can interest you! Also, you can sign up as a beta tester to play the upcoming levels, or be a spriter to sprite our custom stuff, or a coder to make some scripts that can be helpful!

Thanks for your attention!
Last edited by Suckerman7 GM on Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:55 am

PROJECT NEWS: (06/12/2020)

Hello! I'm here to make great announcements for the future of Star Prisms! As of now, we have removed a major portion of our levels for major reasons that will affect our community as a whole! But the removed levels will return in future projects of mine, and even ported to our sister projects made by our team members as well!

This decision will make us to progress much quicker, but in the long run, we will have a lot of positive improvements.

Thanks for your attention, and have a nice day/night!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 3 in Development!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:11 am

UPDATE NEWS: (23/12/2020)

After a poll, we have gone through a decision to keep the third demo up to the end of World 3. But this doesn't mean our job will be just to add new content only!

After we finish adding new content, I will be redesigning 60% of the levels remaining from Demo 2 and add new content that was unfinished in Toad Town and also revamp the worldmaps for good!

For Beta Road, we will feature 6-8 levels from World 4-6. (2 of them will return from Demo 2, other 4-6 will be new levels)

Thanks for your attention.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:16 am

UPDATE NEWS: (31/12/2020)

The current progress of Demo 3 in terms of new additions is 67% complete! (Only 4 levels and the cutscenes of World 3 + 1 level from World 2) are left.)

After new additions are 100% complete, we'll return back to revamping old content!

Thanks for your attention as always, and happy new year!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:58 pm

UPDATE NEWS: (09/01/2021)

I have some great news! We are almost done with the third demo of Star Prisms! The new levels of World 2 and World 3 are fully completed as well as the new worldmap is also finished and will be available in this demo!

The stuff left before Demo 3's release are: Revamping of 6 levels from World 1, Toad Town Sewers and more changes.

For more news, join the Discord Server to follow!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 3 is released!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 am

UPDATE NEWS: (18/01/2021)

Demo 3 has been released! Enjoy playing 3 completed worlds + 7 levels from upcoming worlds! There are also new Quality of Life changes with Lua Scripts to enhance gameplay!

EDIT: A new hotfix is released to fix some issues.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: (Demo 4 in development!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:58 am

UPDATE NEWS: (08/03/2021)

Demo 4 of Star Prisms has finally started on development! 2 levels from World 4 are completed today, which screens will be also posted here soon.

King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Jesus Christ is Lord!

Re: (Demo 4 in development!) Super Mario & the Star Prisms

Postby King Mario » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Suckerman7 GM wrote: You can sign up as a beta tester to play the upcoming levels.
Am I still able to test the latest Demo?

Return to “Projects”