Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Blake Izayoi
Flair: Sakuya's Husband
Pronouns: He / Him

Blake Izayoi's Graphics Pack [v2.0]

Postby Blake Izayoi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:49 pm

Current Version: 2.0

What's new?
  • The pack itself now has a different name.
  • A chilly / blue SMB3 pipe background.
  • Mecha Chucks, a robot themed reskin of Chucks.
  • SMW themed steel beams.
  • A massive update to the pipe recolour pack, now being renamed to just "Recolour Packs". You can find new pipe recolours as well as an entirely new section of recoloured SMB3 dungeon blocks.
Screenshots:
Screenshots: show
Detailed credits are included with the GFX pack download. Please make sure to read them, there are different credits for each folder!
I expect to hopefully expand this graphics pack as time goes on, and to improve as an artist & spritesheet extractor. Cheers, and I hope you have a fantastic day. <3

Download Link: If you're unable to download off of Google Drive please contact me on Discord, which is listed below.

If there's a graphic or graphics in this pack that are yours, and you don't want them in this pack, please PM me or message me on Discord [blakeizayoi] and I'll remove it / them from the pack immediately. Thank you!
Last edited by Blake Izayoi on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 11 times in total.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Hatsune Blake's Graphics Pack

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:53 am

So lemme get this straight, half of the sets used in your own Graphic Pack aren't yours. I guess that's okay, since you credited the original creators for making the sets. I guess I'll also show my support though! ^^"

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:17 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:53 am
So lemme get this straight, half of the sets used in your own Graphic Pack aren't yours. I guess that's okay, since you credited the original creators for making the sets. I guess I'll also show my support though! ^^"
I mean, you could say that about most of the Graphics posted here they are either made by someone on mfgg or spriter-resource or generally done by other Game Companies.

Also thanks Hatsune for making this, they look really well done and it will help out a lot of us SMW lovers and hopefully give some good ideas for future smw Projects!

cuB_e
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby cuB_e » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:46 am

It's fantastic to see Linkstorm Z's Sewer Tileset here! I swear- those Mario Maker Formatted Tilesets are such a bitch to port with how confusingly they're formatted.

Otherwise a nice Graphics Pack! I'll keep my head out for future updates and what-not.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am

Pretty interesting, the sewer stuff is probably my favorite one. I might use it someday.

Blake Izayoi

Postby Blake Izayoi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:13 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:53 am
Yes, while a good chunk of graphics in this pack aren't mine, I did go through the trouble of properly porting them to SMBX and making sure they worked. The reason why I included them in the pack is so that people didn't have to port the graphics themselves, saving them a lot of time & hassle.
Thank you for showing your support!
Bloxxerstudios wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:46 am
It's fantastic to see Linkstorm Z's Sewer Tileset here! I swear- those Mario Maker Formatted Tilesets are such a bitch to port with how confusingly they're formatted.

Otherwise a nice Graphics Pack! I'll keep my head out for future updates and what-not.
Porting tilesets makes my brain hurt lmao
I'm glad you like the pack!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Pretty neat-looking! Nice to see more tilesets ported.
Bloxxerstudios wrote:
those Mario Maker Formatted Tilesets are such a bitch to port with how confusingly they're formatted.
To beeee fair.... those tilesets still have every tile in one piece, and are formatted in a consistent layout that can be pulled out and rearranged with minimal effort. I've done the underwater and ship tilesets before and it's easy once you find out the order of tiles.
Have you tried doing tilesets from Kirby Mass Attack before? I certainly don't recommend it :p

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Pretty sure the sewer tiles actually come from one of Gatete's engines. Looks like you did a good job with these graphics though!

cuB_e
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby cuB_e » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Enjl wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm
Pretty neat-looking! Nice to see more tilesets ported.
Bloxxerstudios wrote:
those Mario Maker Formatted Tilesets are such a bitch to port with how confusingly they're formatted.
To beeee fair.... those tilesets still have every tile in one piece, and are formatted in a consistent layout that can be pulled out and rearranged with minimal effort. I've done the underwater and ship tilesets before and it's easy once you find out the order of tiles.
Have you tried doing tilesets from Kirby Mass Attack before? I certainly don't recommend it :p
Ah, now that sounds like a challenge. I'll be working on porting every Kirby Mass Attack Tile now.

Blake Izayoi

Postby Blake Izayoi » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Version 1.1 of the graphics pack is out! Please enjoy two new tilesets, one coming from a SMW ROM hack, and the other being custom made by me.

Oh jeez, I hope the graphics forum is like the levels forum where you can revive your post if you've update the pack...

cuB_e
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby cuB_e » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:58 am

Just in case it isn't- I'm gonna cover for you by posting my own response. Therefore, fighting off the nefarious forces of moderation by sheer technicality.

Also GREAT update.

Blake Izayoi

Postby Blake Izayoi » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:12 pm

Version 1.2 is out. Enjoy reduced clutter on the main post, a "what's new?" section, an extra background for Skydaku, and finally, an invisible path for the overworld that you can see in the editor.

Blake Izayoi

Postby Blake Izayoi » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Surprise! Version 1.3 has been released, adding a few tiny additions + a whole new custom tileset. I hope you enjoy, and any feedback is welcome!

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 am

Honestly, wouldn't call that new tileset "custom", since it's just the SMW overworld tileset with the SMB1 overworld tileset's fill. Still looks nice though.

Umj1124
Rex
Rex
Flair: Im Just Trying To Finish A Project TBH

Postby Umj1124 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:43 pm

This pack looks cool in my levels, Ill give credit when I am done with my episode for sure :)

Blake Izayoi

Postby Blake Izayoi » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Version 1.39 has been released. The most notable change is the GFX pack being moved from Mediafire to Google Drive, for security reasons. Enjoy, and any feedback is welcome!

Blake Izayoi

Postby Blake Izayoi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Woo! New update! We're now on version 1.4. A whole new tileset + some other things! I hope you all enjoy.

erkyp3rky
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly theloaflord

Postby erkyp3rky » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:10 pm

thanks for porting these

3UP_Moon
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Pronouns: He/him

Postby 3UP_Moon » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:14 am

Oh wow I really like this Graphics Pack as well, it feels fresh and original and vibrant, and some of these feel like something Nintendo might actually use themselves

Blake Izayoi

Postby Blake Izayoi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:17 am

Another day, another update! We're on v1.5 now.
A massive pipe pack as well as two other things have been added. I hope you enjoy!

Return to “Graphics”