User Talk & Personal Stuff

Off-topic discussion.
SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

User Talk & Personal Stuff

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:51 am

Many people have dreams every now and then. More commonly younger people, less commonly older people. Sometimes dreams are helpful for our life, sometimes not. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they're just completely exaggerated. Sometimes we like them, sometimes we don't.
In this topic, you can share your dreams with the public if you think they're unusual and worth a post.
Of course you don't have to share your dreams with the public if they're too embarassing or private. ;)

Anyways, I'll start off with the dream I had last night. It was about this forum.
Everyone of you should know zlakerboy357. Now, in my dream, he was banned, and I had no clue why. So I started browsing the forum in my dream in order to find an explanation. And after a while, I found something, because I wasn't the only one who wondered. Joey wrote in a post that "he married someone from Sector II", and that "this just had to happen one day".
I actually thought this was real, so the first thing I did after I woke up was to visit the SMBX forum and check if he's banned or not. And - he wasn't. I was relieved.

I don't know why it was zlakerboy357 who I dreamt about. Maybe because I saw so many posts of him. Or maybe I just tend to dream more about people with Yoshi as their profile pic, lol.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Post odd dreams of yours.

Postby zlaker » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 am

I have no idea what Sector II is, but that sounded like a odd dream to me. Maybe other members here will have the same too. XD

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:13 am

Phew... I kinda feared your reaction, that's why I hesitated to post this here. I'm relieved you didn't say anything bad. ;)
zlakerboy357 wrote:I have no idea what Sector II is...
Same here, lol. I did think about it a bit, but I guess I'll never find out the meaning... Dreams often contain unexplainable details.
Maybe other members here will have the same too. XD
We'll see. If other members have the same dream as me, you should start to worry. xD

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:33 am

I don't think I should get worried if if people start having theses kind of dream about me. It's not like I'm under people's bed.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:48 am

I know that. I was just joking. ;)

Taogoat

Postby Taogoat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:44 am

I had a dream about my nose falling off o.o

Enigmatic Emolga

Postby Enigmatic Emolga » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:50 am

I had a dream that nuclear pigs would punch the oceans and cause mountain-high tsunamis. I am really one random guy...

Taogoat

Postby Taogoat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 am

Punching oceans? I don't believe that's true o.o
But then again, I did have a dream about falling endlessly while pausing the fall to take sips of a milkshake every now and then.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Those are indeed quite odd dreams so far... Researchers say that dreams usually have a message or moral, but I can't really see a message in those dreams...
Here's another odd dream I had when I was a child...
I dreamt I was a red cube with five sides (yes, I know cubes have six sides, but as I've said, not all dreams are realistic ;)), doing nothing but to stand there on a grey surface, and the horizon was black and endless. When I woke up from that nightmare, I had a temperature.

Firespike33
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Firespike33 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 pm

I had a dream where Luminous (at least, someone with his username) joined these forums. He had actually changed and wasn't quite so cynical (at least, if that was him).

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:13 pm

I typically have nightmares about my doctor, I think he's creepy as hell looking but no one believes me even if you look at him straight in the face. A few months ago I had a showdown with him and conclusively beat his butt and haven't a dream like that since. Hilarious though, after I had that final showdown dream, the next day he confessed moving to another state in the USA, so I never see him anymore.
Alternatively, sometimes I experience dreams about my neighbor, who is quite tubby and is a practical alcoholic (meaning he drinks quite a bit but not everyday). He kind of walks up and down the hallways with a peculiar smile saying "hi" "hello" "greetings" but I fear him immensely.
A few days ago, I had a dream that God got replaced with a diabolical angel; it was terrible, and it makes me feel like a rubbish person dreaming such things.
The best dream I ever had was about my grandfather exactly a year after he died (people say it is coincidence but I think it's a message from him). I was standing in the bathroom and then all of a sudden he walked by the mirror, and candidly it didn't frighten me at all. I felt comforted.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah, most of my dreams are weird or random. However, here's the weirdest.

I lost my dog in the mall. Me and my brother were looking all over the place for her. Then, we found her. Someone asked what kind of dog she was, and I said that she was a gun. Well, later, we went to the Arctic. We ended up running into the Hulk, and we had to fight him. Shortly after, a she-Hulk came, and we teamed up with the Hulk to defeat the she-Hulk. The Hulk hit her, and she sank to the bottom of the Arctic ocean. Then, I woke up, and was thinking lolwut?

If this isn't random and weird, I don't know what is.

thenintendobros
Rex
Rex

Postby thenintendobros » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:45 pm

I had this really strange dream where I was going to a swim meet to help out, and it was in the middle of the desert or something, and I was requested to swim, but I didn't want to? So eventually the police came, and they demanded that I swam (I'm not even that fast wtf right), so I ran away from there and the police came after me. After that I don't remember much, but then I remember I tried to do some sick parkour but ended up almost getting caught. It was weird.

turtwig1123

Postby turtwig1123 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:36 pm

I don't think anybody could comprehend the random crap that goes on in my dreams, ask if you must but it will take a while to answer what my strangest dream is

Star

Postby Star » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:06 am

Though i can't say for sure this was my imagination but...

I woke up sweating all over.
I held my head as i walked outside of my room and i noticed a few things missing.
My 1 Direction poster (SHUT UP) and my light bulb. I decided to take off my pajamas.
Thinking my dad came in here and took the light bulb, I walked down the hallway and then i couldn't move.
My feet stayed in place and i couldn't move at all. I started to think ''This is just a dream. Just a dream. Calm down..''
I looked down and looked back up. The hallway got longer and longer till i couldn't see the end.
A sudden dark fog covered the hallways and i could barely see through it. Even if i put my hand in front of me. I could barely see it. Suddenly my arms went to the side of my body. I can't move them.
I heard footsteps all around me and i started to freak out. Till i saw her. I tried to scream and i couldn't. My throat wouldn't open and it started getting very very cold. I felt like a puppet. I couldn't move at all. There was a figure in front of me coming closer and i realized it looked just like me...Because it WAS me. There was another me or a clone. But she was like a dark version of me. She had blonde hair. I couldn't identify her clothes but i looked like it was one of my shirts from the closet. The fog blocked most of my sight. She walked closer to me and i couldn't speak. I was yelling in my head ''Stop! I know i can move! I just need to focus!'' She put a finger on my lip as if she was trying to shut me up.
When she spoke..It was the scariest thing i heard. It was like my voice. Only it sounded like it was coming from all rooms. It was quiet, making the dream scarier. She said ''We are both from the same person. But there could only be one. And that is why i am going to kill you. Right here, Right now'' She pulled out a knife from her pockets and i screamed.

I fell off my bed and scared my cat who ran out the door.
I was glad it was a dream. But i could remember it all clearly..

If you think this is fake. I don't blame you. Sorry if theres holes in it. I wrote most of it on a piece of paper.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 am

I usually have the weirdest dreams that transition to something else quickly quite a lot; I just woke up from a nap a few minutes ago so I'll share mine.

I had a dream where I was taking a casual walk who knows where and then I look behind me and notice 1/10th of a bus driving extremely fast and then it crashed. A few seconds later a shit ton of big dogs come out of that bus and start walking towards me in a majestic way, they then stopped and sat on the ground, I'm not sure why exactly but I guess they considered me their leader or something. I continued with my walk and the dogs followed me, as I was walking a few of the dogs would do a threatening bark at casual people I walk by if they got too close to me.

5 minutes later things transitioned out of nowhere, the dogs became evil or something though they didn't necessarily attack or surround me anymore. Then my best friend and his girlfriend showed up out of nowhere, they then told me to follow them which I did, we walked past the dogs by walking slowly so they wouldn't attack us. After about a minute or 2 of continuous walking, we ran as the dogs weren't too close and we somehow teleported into one of my old high school.

As soon as we got through a certain door in our high school our objective changed, our objective was to eat lunch, the dogs didn't really exist anymore neither I guess. The problem was was that the main doors to the lunchroom were locked so we had to find another way in, we went through a huge freakout, just then a timer appeared on the door indicating that we must get lunch before that timer runs out, idk what would've happened as I woke up about a minute or 2 later.

I gotta say, I love the dreams I get, they're the stupidest dreams ever, they're so funny to laugh at since they are just completely random especially since things just change out of nowhere. I've had weirder dreams though but I can't really recall them so if you think this is weird then you're greatly wrong. It's funny how I don't even acknowledge any of the stupid shit that goes on, I act as if these events are normal and just go with the flow

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:37 am

Well I guess I'll post mine.

Ahem. It was February and I won the 7th Community Contest. Joey thought that I was a really good level Desinger that I became one for this forum. But one day he fired me, saying that I made Valtteri make my level for me! Then I suddenly woke up and checked the forum and nothing of that was true.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 am

@turtwig1123: We all dream random stuff at times. You're invited to post your weirdest dream if you want, but you don't have to if you don't want to, of course.

@Kep: That strange feeling when dreams come true...

@thenintendobros: Kinda sounds like quicksand... The police wouldn't want to swim there, either. Next time you dream this, ask the police to try it out for you first.

@Zeldamaster12: I've had a lot of dreams about Yoshi's Island already, but a dream set in the Arctic is really strange...

Who is the Hulk and what did he do in the Arctic? o.O
But oh well, at least it was a dream with a (sorta) happy ending that you had there.

@NeverEndingGamer: I have a different taste of music, but let's not start an argument about the best music here. One shall listen to what one wants to listen to.

Also: Oh. My. Gosh. Your nightmare sounds like the script of an excellent horror movie. I actually shivered when I read this. I wouldn't want to have this kind of nightmare, definitely. :(
But I did have a nightmare as a child once that also scared me a lot. Some murderer went to my house, killed my dad and chased my mom down the garden of the house on the opposite side of the street, and I wasn't fast enough to follow them. I was sweating for real when I woke up from this...

@reghrhre: Same here, same here. The weirdest transition was when I first dreamt about a rollercoaster in the Arctic that was left unfinished and I fought for its demolition, but nobody wanted to demolish it for some reason, but after a tedious fight I won, and right after that I was suddenly on the ground floor of my house, a party was going on, and on that party was an excellent internet friend of mine, then we both laid down on the floor of the room next door and gave each other the tightest hug ever, so tight that I've actually thought the hug was real...

1/10th of a bus? How is that kind of vehicle even able to drive? o.O
Your dream starts off weird, but as a pretty good dream, if you ask me... Who wouldn't want to be the leader of a huge group of big, bitey dogs? And then you escape the suddenly-gone-wild dogs with your best friend...
That timed lunch puzzle is really, really odd, and it kinda reminded me of a movie, of which I looked up the plot some while ago (it was called "Exam", if anyone is curious). It would be a nice plot for a small game. But as a dream, it's just scary as hell. A once good dream ending up as a nightmare.

Dreams are pictures that your brain generates unconsciously... You usually can't influence your dreams by saying "Hey, you tenth of a bus, you don't exist!". You're pretty much forced to go with the flow...

@zlakerboy357: One question, are there community contests for real or was that just in your dream?

You'd definitely deserve being a Level Designer, though, the levels of your Heroes on the Star Quest project look so awesome! (Dunno if they play awesome as well, as I'm no beta tester, but you're gonna finish the project one day, aren't you? ;))

How would Joey prove that Valtteri made the level for you, though? Anyone could come and say "Hey, that was my level, he asked me to do it for him!"... Oh well, that's the logic of dreams, I guess...

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 am

smwforever45 wrote:@zlakerboy357: One question, are there community contests for real or was that just in your dream?
Well I thought the The Community Contest was February and that's I dreamed it on February.
You'd definitely deserve being a Level Designer, though, the levels of your Heroes on the Star Quest project look so awesome! (Dunno if they play awesome as well, as I'm no beta tester, but you're gonna finish the project one day, aren't you? ;))
Thanks! When Joey is looking for Level Designers i'll definitely send him an epic level! And of course i'll release the game! I won't cancle it.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 am

zlakerboy357 wrote:
smwforever45 wrote:@zlakerboy357: One question, are there community contests for real or was that just in your dream?
Well I thought the The Community Contest was February and that's I dreamed it on February.
No no no, that's not what I meant... I've asked if there really are Community Contests in this forum, where you submit levels and the best one is chosen, or if these Community Contests only existed in your dream...
Thanks! When Joey is looking for Level Designers i'll definitely send him an epic level! And of course i'll release the game! I won't cancle it.
No problem, and that's great! Hope you'll become one. :D

Return to “Sandbox”