Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything
Pronouns: he/him

Re: User Talk & Personal Stuff

Postby TheNightingale » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:58 am

Krakin wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:54 am
Happy birthday! How does it feel to be one year older?
Thanks! It feels like hell.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:26 pm

Haha that's what it felt like for me too

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am

Very late @Scroll but happy belated birthday!

Also I hit 300 notifications, I'm going down the Mosaic drain

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby TheNightingale » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:55 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am
Very late @Scroll but happy belated birthday!

Also I hit 300 notifications, I'm going down the Mosaic drain
Thank you dude!

Sad to see you're slowly moving on from the community.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:51 pm

My favorite radio station flipped the switch to 24/7 Christmas music nearly two hours ago. It's a relief after going through a lot of stress this fall. Holiday music has a nostalgic feeling that helps me calm down and smile.

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: doin your mom
Pronouns: they/them

Postby PdizzleParker » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:13 am

Since I live in the US, I have all of next week off of school because of Thanksgiving. Pretty glad, as school was starting to become a bit too much for me.

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby TheNightingale » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:22 pm

I moved to Mexico last month along with my mom and step dad. We're doing good so far, but I miss Venezuela like nothing.

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Re: Post odd dreams of yours.

Postby TheNightingale » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:25 pm

I had a dream where there was a small island near Brazil which was part of Spain. It was called "Palmeras" and I went to visit it with my grandpa. All the way to Palmeras the sun was shining like never. I fell asleep (in my dream) during the flight, and for some reason I hear the Chicago tornado sirens when I wake up in our vacation home at Palmeras, even though it was still sunny lol. Then my grandpa tells me there was a tornado in Brazil coast that passed through Palmeras during the 30 minutes I was asleep.

smoke40
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: smoke40!!!
Pronouns: he/they

Postby smoke40 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:47 am

Late happy new year! Since I last posted in January 2021, it's been kind of weird. I got into my first relationship ever in April, and the summer was really fun, but the last few months were mentally pretty difficult for various reasons. I can't say I'm hopeful for this year, I don't think all of my problems just magically get solved when the number goes up. But at least right now I feel pretty good (I'm at home sick from covid playing videogames lol) and there will be some important things happening in my life in the near future, as I will be turning 18 in September and will be ready for university in a year and a half. That might also mean moving out, which is exciting. I won't be making promises about returning to this game but I just felt like checking out the forums in the first time in a while. Hopefully I'll see you guys around!

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:49 am

Hello again, that's wonderful to hear!

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:01 am

Well yea, I'm just gonna put some things that I want to say after being inactive in the forums these days.

I remember when I was super active back in 2014-late 2017. looking back at my old posts, I was like "Oh man, seeing me being cringeworthy in the past is a big mistake" especially when handling criticisms and unnecessary "shitposts". And in fact, 3k of my posts in this forum, around 75% of them is just uhhhh.... yeah. But I think seeing my past self and regret it is a normal thing because I saw some people talked about the similar experiences with me. Now I've changed a lot.

I'll be honest, remembering the moments when I was won SVLC 2016 is a pain, especially seeing how people reacts about it. But again, it's already happened so I don't want to overthink about it and move on.

The main reason I hiatus from SMBX and the community is how people treat me in the past, but yea thinking about that again, it's honestly was my fault for not being mature with them, so I think I deserve that. Another one is I lost all my SMBX datas, including my passion project (Mix World 3), it just adds my demotivation to open the game again. And the last one is at that time I stared to be addicted with Geometry Dash, especially creating levels, and I can say I succeed from it. Noticed with "well known" figures and even had collab with them, getting top 100 creators, being nominated in 2.1 awards, and many more.

At some point I got my MxW3 data back! but I don't think they're worthy to be continued now, since a lot of things has changed now, especially in designing level styles. I don't think ppl would play old-fashioned level designs (or whatever is it, I don't know) nowadays so I'm just going to leave it and keep on dashin' in GD.

I just realized that most of my old SMBX level that I created, (kinda) influences my creating style in GD, especially with themed levels (deco wise). So I feel thankful for that.

Now that I'm taking a break from that game, and coming back to this game just for the nostalgia and maybe sharpening my "platform" designs skills so that I can implement them in my future GD levels haha

My hope for this community is I hope you guys don't judge me from my past (and my appearance aswell), as the GD community did the same to me.

Well, I think that's all, see you around.

Edit : I'm aware that I talked about SMBX in an off-topic forum, but since I included my GD stuff in this post, I hope it still counts.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:55 am

WerewolfGD wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:01 am
Welcome back! Make sure to back up your smbx projects (i like to use git for this) so that you cannot lose months of work.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:54 pm

WerewolfGD wrote:
My hope for this community is I hope you guys don't judge me from my past (and my appearance aswell), as the GD community did the same to me.
Woah, you're actually returning? I vaguely remember first seeing you here back in 2017. You probably know me as practicalshorty014, although probably not because I'm barely influential. I'm sure we've all gotten over whatever you did in the past by now, sorry that the Geometry Dash community thinks otherwise. Anyways, welcome back!

SuperMarioGrava
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: The great dawn of death.

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:41 am

After an 11-month absence, I have returned.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:17 pm

I've noticed my emotions and mental energy have been on a constant teeter totter lately. I figured it's mostly from the stresses of school and all of the expectations, rules, and restrictions placed upon us, but also coming from the staff (namely residential advisors) being generally irritating and a huge nuisance. Most of them are ok and I have no issues with them, but a couple have been invading my personal space and one has been inconsiderate with leaving the lights on in my room (I suspect I have sensory issues, so I keep the lights off in my room because of my eyes). This particular RA has also commented on my weight and eating habits. I don't know what to do at this point; I would talk to a counselor or some other staff, but all they would probably end up doing is defend the actions of other staff members. As for noticing my emotional state ebbing and flowing, I realized that I'm reverting back to releasing repressed stress, anger, and frustration the way I used to do it a couple years ago. Namely hitting, kicking, and punching things when I get overwhelmed with anger and can't reason anymore. These feelings usually go away after a while, but immediately come back once this happens again.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:21 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:55 am
WerewolfGD wrote:
Welcome back! Make sure to back up your smbx projects (i like to use git for this) so that you cannot lose months of work.
krakin wrote:
WerewolfGD wrote:
Woah, you're actually returning? I vaguely remember first seeing you here back in 2017. You probably know me as practicalshorty014, although probably not because I'm barely influential. I'm sure we've all gotten over whatever you did in the past by now, sorry that the Geometry Dash community thinks otherwise. Anyways, welcome back!
Thanks for your welcome guys! I'll consider about your suggestion, Enjl. ^^

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:53 pm

After a bit of drama on the SMBX discord that revolved around a different server, me and two other people subsequently got muted for 24 hours, and then I left the SMBX discord out of frustration. It was probably best that I did this instead of instigating the problem further by fighting the staff's decision to mute us. Anyways, I'm done with SMBX for good. I don't see myself getting a working laptop anytime in the foreseeable future, and by the time that happens, I'm probably going to be preoccupied with other special interests and also work. I'm not justifying my actions for what led to me being muted on the discord, but I've had a rough past couple of days that have made me increasingly irritable and feeling hopeless. Besides, SMBX has already kinda taken a backburner for me. I've also come to the realization that I've been removed from the Moderator Support group on both Discord as well as on the forums. I believe this is because I've given the staff a reason to not trust me for real this time, so I take this as a queue for me to leave SMBX as a whole. I will still be involved with the mafia discord and I've become a moderator in the PGE community, but this is basically goodbye, even if you've heard it from me a billion times before.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:34 am

I understand the staff decisions to not trust you as a forum moderator helper, after you participated in a server raid and even after multiple times being told to stop just continued to argue till they muted you.

I hope you take it to heart and see it was mainly because of what you did and learn about it to not repeat this on another place.

Take care and see you again soon obviously.

kirbyhasn
Bit
Bit
Pronouns: kirbyhasn

Postby kirbyhasn » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:52 pm

I started watching Pokémon anime again i been Pokémon anime since last year i stoped at season 3 episode 23.
Last Tuesday i started watching it again i reached episode 35 season 3 its a good show

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:25 pm

I had a bizarre dream today.

I was in my elementary school and some of my teachers from the past ten years were there. I took a school bus with two sick girls in the front, Arezu from PLA, a bunch of random boys I saw over the years, and LGL (as they appear in Stargate). My 5th grade Para was there as a bus Para. She was a Para for a kid that loved to shout and move in his seat. The Smash University Discord server was in it too. I used to be a notable user there, but some drama changed that. Before I get into the dream, I want to explain my morning routines from elementary to high school.

The beginning of the dream seemed contradictory to how it "ends," because the bus in elementary school picked me up from my Grandmother's. I used to be woken up around 5am to go over there and wait for the bus. I was little when this was the norm. If the bus stopped near my home, nobody would've been there to pick me up. From 7th grade to my second high school, my dad dropped me off locally. When I started taking the bus in my second high school, I was woken up by my mother, brother, or an alarm at 5:20am. I would get prepared for the day until an hour later when the bus arrived.

I walked down stairs and waited for the bus at 6:20am. The bus drove and picked up a boy that I remember wearing huge glasses. He said good morning and snoozed off. Everything was progressing like a typical high school day. Five minutes later, LGL walked in and we both said hi to each other. They were working on a digital artwork through their laptop. Soon, the bus took a turn to a Toys R US that was having a holiday sale. The time was 6:50am. I walked from the bus and back through the store with some boy. The matron and I were helping him take holiday toys into the bus. Hall and Oate's cover of Jingle Bell Rock was playing in the background. Then came Arezu and the sun started to rise. She sat next to me, but said nothing. Other children started to fill the bus. These include two kids I remember being huge chatterboxes in 4th grade, a Korean boy who was quiet, a friend from my first high school, the loud one and the bus Para, and two girls that looked like classmates from my second high school. The bus driver requested them to sit in the front because they had a cold. They said it was a smart idea and they'll wear masks to protect everyone else. There were probably more kids, but I don't remember. All of my busses since middle school had a full house. The bus drives all the way to my elementary school and waits.

After the bus comes to a complete stop, I checked my phone to see what's going on Discord. I opened the app to a message from Waddle talking about Bunbuns. I scroll to check dms and notice the Smash U server was playing a video game (Smash Ultimate, Call of Duty, and Minecraft are options). I can't tell which one it was, but I saw an orange sunset icon. I wanted to join vc, but the school connection sucked. I was also finishing a writing assignment I struggled with.

I showed the homework to my Para and she gave me peer feedback. Seemed alright, until she started reading other papers I had in my binder. They had some stuff some teachers from the past decade wrote to me. However, the handwriting kept getting messier by the minute. The craziness hit a peak when the Para saw a love poem I didn't remember taking to school. She was about to read, but I tried to get my papers back. We all started getting out of the bus as the some staff stepped outside. Instead of giving MY papers back, she gave them all to my old teachers I had through the years. I kept running and trying to claim back each sheet, but my Para was holding onto the love poem. I was getting incredibly upset.

At that moment, I woke up shouting "Stop bothering me!" My brother looked at me weirdly and resumed back to his college work. I woke up at 4pm and checked my phone, confused over what happened. Four hours later, I asked my mom if I did shout at that time. She confirmed that it did happen. This has to be one of the wackiest dreams I've had in years. No consistency on anything but my frustration over someone latching onto a love letter. I tried to get it back... but she didn't listen.

Return to “Sandbox”