[NPC Pack] Some NPCs I have made (Update: Bug Fixes for Upside Down Beetle & Wild Piranha)

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [NPC Pack] Some NPCs I have made (Update: SMB3 Flame Chomp & Fire Nipper)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 am

Cool, I've been wondering if Flame Chomps will finally get a chance to return to Smbx 2.0. The other NPCs also look pretty cool and accurate to their original games. Good job.

DisasterMaster
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby DisasterMaster » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:58 am

The Flame Chomps you've created are very accurate to the original. Excellent work as always. I ran a side by side comparison to the "LunaDLL" version and yours has a better speed (the other moved lightning fast).

When killed, is it supposed to respawn when you move off-screen from it's original position and then back again?

GtW
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby GtW » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:50 pm

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:48 pm
Anyway for a lava lotus NPC pack instead of just doing the original lava lotus from SMB3 they could have all these lava lotus variants in SMWC that you can find here. Though it might be more suited for MrDoubleA to do since he seems to have a thing for making plant npcs.
That's exactly the reason why it's taking so long lol
I already get regular lotus working, but Hungry Lotus variant is giving me a bit of trouble atm because I wanted to instakill player without spawning the effect, and any stuff I tried atm will break in one corner case or another.
DisasterMaster wrote: The Flame Chomps you've created are very accurate to the original. Excellent work as always. I ran a side by side comparison to the "LunaDLL" version and yours has a better speed (the other moved lightning fast).

When killed, is it supposed to respawn when you move off-screen from it's original position and then back again?
Thanks! I can't say it was me because the speed value was references/converted from Game Maker's implementation by Gatete for his engine, so major props to him. I'm still not sure if it works well or not since SMBX has bigger screen size in general, as well as wildly different player physics. But I'm glad that it kinda works.

Also yeah, that seems to be a bug. I forgot to manually disable the respawn when it enter "death" state. It's been fixed.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please redownload it again.

TheTrueMarioMaster
Blooper
Blooper

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:14 pm

GtW wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:50 pm
That's exactly the reason why it's taking so long lol
I already get regular lotus working, but Hungry Lotus variant is giving me a bit of trouble atm because I wanted to instakill player without spawning the effect, and any stuff I tried atm will break in one corner case or another.
Didn't know you were already working on that though if you figure out how to do that with the Hungry Lotus than you could use that to create a boss bass npc. Also when it comes to npcs respawning probably a setting that disables the respawn would be preferable for those who make a level and don't want the npc constantly respawning.

DisasterMaster
Tweeter
Tweeter

Re: [NPC Pack] Some NPCs I have made (Update: SMB3 Paragoomba & Ceiling Beetles)

Postby DisasterMaster » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:17 pm

Idunn wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 am
Tbh lava lotus and smw lotus are very simuliert in their behavior, both charge up and then shoot up. There aren’t really any big differences.
Except the fact that their projectiles move in a different way. Lava Lotuses fire between 3 to 5 projectiles that move slowly upward with minimal spread for about 6 seconds before disappearing. Volcano Lotuses fire 4 projectiles that rise rapidly upward with a large spread leaving good sized gaps between and then fall off the screen.

Just reskinning a Volcano Lotus and giving its projectiles correct underwater physics wouldn't do it justice.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:21 am

I entcountered an Issue with Ptoie Piranha. When I threw a Bob-Omb next to it and waited for it to explode, an Error
Message showed up, it immidently died and didn't counted as Dead.

GtW
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby GtW » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:33 am

DrMekar wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:21 am
I entcountered an Issue with Ptoie Piranha. When I threw a Bob-Omb next to it and waited for it to explode, an Error
Thank you for noticing! It was an oversight, fixed!

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:35 am

GtW wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:33 am
DrMekar wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:21 am
Thank you for noticing! It was an oversight, fixed!
No Problem :)

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:54 am

When killing the Fire Nipper with a Koopa Shell, this Error Appears.

DB12
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby DB12 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:51 pm

I found a bug where if an Upside-Down Buzzy Beetle falls onto a 45° slope, it doesn't move even although it can be stomped on and grabbed. Also if you stomp or grab the Buzzy Beetle, and throw it, it goes the opposite direction you're facing.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:36 am

I have encountered an issue with the Wild Piranha Plants when I used them in my levels.

When I used them in one of my levels, this error occurred: (Even when I removed all, this still happens)

https://imgur.com/IAZaPtO

But when I used them in any other level, this doesn't happen. Why does this error happen?

(EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed this issue. It seems these NPCs don't function well when they are hidden with layers and appear.)

georgespezi12
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby georgespezi12 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:02 am

wild piranha really doesn't like rooms

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Wed May 19, 2021 10:33 am

georgespezi12 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:02 am
Maybe some more Info would help to let People know what exactly you even tried?

The text "Wild Piranha really doesn't like rooms" doesn't tell us what you even did there. It looks like the Graphic is faulty and it's missing the stack since only the Head is there!

What exactly do you mean with doesn't like rooms? Like what kind of rooms? I just tested it out with a roof on top and ground on the bottom and the Piranha Shows up correctly and works as intended.

Are you sure you put all the needed files in the folder?

Chilly14
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: wash your hands and stay at home
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Chilly14 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Idunn wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:33 am
georgespezi12 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:02 am
Maybe some more Info would help to let People know what exactly you even tried?

The text "Wild Piranha really doesn't like rooms" doesn't tell us what you even did there. It looks like the Graphic is faulty and it's missing the stack since only the Head is there!

What exactly do you mean with doesn't like rooms? Like what kind of rooms? I just tested it out with a roof on top and ground on the bottom and the Piranha Shows up correctly and works as intended.

Are you sure you put all the needed files in the folder?
I'm assuming they are referring to rooms.lua.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Running into an error. I don't really know what it means but it happened when you bonk/kill a stunned upside down buzzy beetle/spiny shell.

According to MrDoubleA it's trying to spawn an effect that doesn't exist. I have changed the original NPC id's because I'm using custom piranha plants from MDA as apart of my episode devkit, idk if that fudged anything up.

Chuchu370
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Chuchu370 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:37 pm

The wild piranha plant activates when I get near it, regardless of how high or low I am. And when I go to a different section while it's active and offscreen, the munching sound it makes continues. Hopefully this gets fixed. I was excited about using it, But I don't want that sound constantly playing.

GtW
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Re: [NPC Pack] Some NPCs I have made (Update: Bug Fixes for Upside Down Beetle & Wild Piranha)

Postby GtW » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:04 am

Hello! I hope that two years are not too late for bug fixes.
I wasn't able to work on anything new during those time either, unfortunately. There was some stuff I did finished but it's either highly customized for my minisode, or was already released by other people (and wayy better than what I did).

But I do have some good news, I finally managed to fix the following bug for SMB3 Upside Down Beetle and YI Wild Piranha Plant.

SMB3 Upside Down Beetle
- If the shell falls down onto 45 degree slope, it's no longer stuck and should move normally

YI Wild Piranha Plant
- Added activerangeY parameter, default to 480. Similar to the existing activerange for the x axis, Piranha Plant will actives if the player stays within this range.
- The Piranha Plant should deactivate properly if it goes offscreen/change section

Please redownload the folder and update the one used in your episode accordingly, thank you very much!
(Precisely, only the main ai file for both are changed, the individual npc file are not. So if you have applied custom graphics or txt, feel free to keep it as it was)

Additionally
TLtimelord wrote: Running into an error. I don't really know what it means but it happened when you bonk/kill a stunned upside down buzzy beetle/spiny shell.

According to MrDoubleA it's trying to spawn an effect that doesn't exist. I have changed the original NPC id's because I'm using custom piranha plants from MDA as apart of my episode devkit, idk if that fudged anything up.
DrMekar wrote: Image

If you have changed the original NPC id, please change the effect ID to match as well. For every NPC I made, if you have change any NPC ID you have to make sure to update all other relative NPC id and effect accordingly. These option, however, can also be override manually inside lua file as well too if you prefer to move around the id yourself, just uncomment the respective property.

I will update the first post for the clarity. Sorry for the trouble!

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Re: [NPC Pack] Some NPCs I have made (Update: Bug Fixes for Upside Down Beetle & Wild Piranha)

Postby DrMekar » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:51 pm

GtW wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:04 am
Hello! I hope that two years are not too late for bug fixes.
I wasn't able to work on anything new during those time either, unfortunately. There was some stuff I did finished but it's either highly customized for my minisode, or was already released by other people (and wayy better than what I did).

But I do have some good news, I finally managed to fix the following bug for SMB3 Upside Down Beetle and YI Wild Piranha Plant.

SMB3 Upside Down Beetle
- If the shell falls down onto 45 degree slope, it's no longer stuck and should move normally

YI Wild Piranha Plant
- Added activerangeY parameter, default to 480. Similar to the existing activerange for the x axis, Piranha Plant will actives if the player stays within this range.
- The Piranha Plant should deactivate properly if it goes offscreen/change section

Please redownload the folder and update the one used in your episode accordingly, thank you very much!
(Precisely, only the main ai file for both are changed, the individual npc file are not. So if you have applied custom graphics or txt, feel free to keep it as it was)

Additionally
TLtimelord wrote: Running into an error. I don't really know what it means but it happened when you bonk/kill a stunned upside down buzzy beetle/spiny shell.

DrMekar wrote: Image

If you have changed the original NPC id, please change the effect ID to match as well. For every NPC I made, if you have change any NPC ID you have to make sure to update all other relative NPC id and effect accordingly. These option, however, can also be override manually inside lua file as well too if you prefer to move around the id yourself, just uncomment the respective property.

I will update the first post for the clarity. Sorry for the trouble!
Thanks for the Insight and just in time for the Art Gallery Level I planned, which features reappearences of level-unique Enemies like those Plants.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Hello. Just want to report another bug that the upside down npcs don't interact with slopes.

GtW
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby GtW » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:34 am

Alagirez wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:02 pm
Hello. Just want to report another bug that the upside down npcs don't interact with slopes.
GtW wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 am
SMB3 Upside Down Buzzy Beetle & Spiny
A Buzzy Beetle and Spiny that climbs on ceiling and drops down onto you when approached.
Special thanks for Enjl for Polflip Ceiling detection code, and Yoshi021 and MrDoubleA for shell interaction code.
Do note that it doesn't work with the ceiling slopes though, please use with caution.

Return to “LunaLua”